Does anyone want Chad to stay ?

ChrisNYJ824

Should Chad stay a Jet?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should Chad stay a Jet?

I say keep him, assuming Tannenbaum doesn't get a great offer. The policy should be that any player is dealable for the right price, but no one should be dealt for less than what they're worth to the team.

124 said it best. If Chad's the best QB for the team next year(meaning Kellen is unable to beat him out), then we're going to need to look in the draft the following year--meaning Chad should start next year.

That is a bad scenario at this point. Either Chad is the QB of this team or KC is the QB or they need to draft a QB. IF Chad sticks around and starts most of next season cause KC just isn't the guy or this regime doesn't think he is, it's about time to find a new regime.

Teams without a legit starting QB who they have faith in don't normally win.

Look at the Ravens. THey had one of the best defenses of all time yet except for that one season, they've been a dud with no real starting QB. And some credit has to go to Trent Dilfer back then, whom they proceeded to dump for Elvis Grbac. The Vikings had a decent team this year but their QB sucked. The Redskins have been searching for a QB for years. Same goes for the Dolphins.

But regardless, if they go like 6-10 next season and have to find a QB, it might be years before they ever actually contend. BUt if KC isn't the guy, I doubt Mangini is around to find the next QB. Coaches and regimes normally don't get second chances to pick another first or second round QB of the future. At this point, either KC is the guy or this regime will be gone unless they win a SB next year. Because if they had faith in Chad, they wouldn't have benched him at all this season regardless of how he played or the outcome. Starting Franchise QB's aren't getting benched often in the NFL unless of course a team plans to get rid of them.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody who wants Chad to stay is someone who likes to root for a losing franchise.

There is not 1 reason to keep him and his ****ty right arm.

If you're interested in ****ty right arms check out Colt Brennan at the Souths Senior Bowl practices. :shock:

I want to trade him - but only if it is worth what we get in return. Chad has value as a back up, imo.

Chad is a starter

Kellen has the makings of a career back-up - reminds me of a Bollinger, Brister, Lucas - just with better arm strength

Draft Ainge from Tennessee in the mid-rounds! I'm not drinking the Clemenade

Anybody who wants Chad to stay is someone who likes to root for a losing franchise.

There is not 1 reason to keep him and his ****ty right arm.

If that's the case I'd rather they start Tui than Clemens. Kellen is the reincarnation of Browning Nagle!

Wasnt he the guy who came back form 2 shoulder surgeries to lead us to the playoffs at 10-6? Wasnt he the guy who got us a playoff victory and without Doug Brien screwing us he wouldve got us to our first afc championship since 1998? He is a warrior and he plays well. When we went 4-12 in the last year of the herm era he was out for the season and we collapsed. Notice the two years he led us to the playoffs we had a good OL. This year he played crappy at times with a putrid OL. He even played alright with this OL. What gives him a bad season this year is he threw bad interceptions at the worse times. First game vs NE he played well and then he hurt his ankle. After that he played alright except the bad interceptions. I guarantee if we had a good OL this season he could get us to the playoffs. You cant blame him 100% for the bad season. Sure he gets a lot of blame, but c'mon the coaching was horrible, and our line was horrible our defense didnt step up until after the bye week when Chad wasnt starting. Notice Kellens interceptions were the same type of ones Chad threw. When 2 qb's throw the same int on the same looking plays that falls on the playcalling. Also some of his interceptions that cost us games the defense let the opposing team comeback and force Chad into those last drive situations. If the defense played all year like they played for Kellen half of those picks wouldve never happened, and some losses wouldve never happened. He doesent deserve to be blamed for the bad season He couldve done better, but he didnt have an all star OL. Give him a better OL and some better play calls he gets us to the playoffs.

That's crazy talk - we should go with Kellen Nagle or is that Browning Clemens? :crossfingers:

Wasnt he the guy who came back form 2 shoulder surgeries to lead us to the playoffs at 10-6? Wasnt he the guy who got us a playoff victory and without Doug Brien screwing us he wouldve got us to our first afc championship since 1998? He is a warrior and he plays well. When we went 4-12 in the last year of the herm era he was out for the season and we collapsed. Notice the two years he led us to the playoffs we had a good OL. This year he played crappy at times with a putrid OL. He even played alright with this OL. What gives him a bad season this year is he threw bad interceptions at the worse times. First game vs NE he played well and then he hurt his ankle. After that he played alright except the bad interceptions. I guarantee if we had a good OL this season he could get us to the playoffs. You cant blame him 100% for the bad season. Sure he gets a lot of blame, but c'mon the coaching was horrible, and our line was horrible our defense didnt step up until after the bye week when Chad wasnt starting. Notice Kellens interceptions were the same type of ones Chad threw. When 2 qb's throw the same int on the same looking plays that falls on the playcalling. Also some of his interceptions that cost us games the defense let the opposing team comeback and force Chad into those last drive situations. If the defense played all year like they played for Kellen half of those picks wouldve never happened, and some losses wouldve never happened. He doesent deserve to be blamed for the bad season He couldve done better, but he didnt have an all star OL. Give him a better OL and some better play calls he gets us to the playoffs.

Somewhat revisionist history there. Chad "got" this offense to a whopping 3 points in that game. Three more points than they would have scored if Jumbo Elliot was in there at QB.

Some people are just beyond ridiculous, I can't believe people's obsession for chad Pennington have blinded them so. Fact: with a top ten defense and a top 5 running game a younger healthier chad could not get it done. Fact: Chad won one game this year. Fact: Kellen is young and inexperienced. Fact: Kellen won 3 games this year.

Kellen was inconsistent as best this year, but he did have some nice drives and he did show some talent. There is also no one better we could get through draft/free agency and Chad Sucks. We should give the kid a decent o-line and a full season. If Kellen is the starter all year this year we win 6-7 games. Imagine next year with a better o-line? we might have a chance at .500. People greatly underestimate how ****ty of a team we are.

Some people are just beyond ridiculous, I can't believe people's obsession for chad Pennington have blinded them so. Fact: with a top ten defense and a top 5 running game a younger healthier chad could not get it done. Fact: Chad won one game this year. Fact: Kellen is young and inexperienced. Fact: Kellen won 3 games this year.

Kellen was inconsistent as best this year, but he did have some nice drives and he did show some talent. There is also no one better we could get through draft/free agency and Chad Sucks. We should give the kid a decent o-line and a full season. If Kellen is the starter all year this year we win 6-7 games. Imagine next year with a better o-line? we might have a chance at .500. People greatly underestimate how ****ty of a team we are.

POTW NOM hit the nail right on the head Arsis..... good post

They'd get much better in the draft if they trade back a bit, get a few extra picks and grab Andre Woodson. I think they have bigger needs than QB by far but if you get extra picks there is a lot of good talent in the middle rounds this year that would fit their needs (OL, OLB, etc.) Where do you get that the team would have won 6 or 7 games this year? Clemens was the worst rated QB in the league this year. What are you using to figure that out? I agree that Clemens would benefit from a better OL but so would Brooks Bollinger. Given what is on this roster right now, Chad is (unfortunately for the haters) the best option they have. Please let me be wrong about Clemens or let them find gold in the draft this year.

They'd get much better in the draft if they trade back a bit, get a few extra picks and grab Andre Woodson. I think they have bigger needs than QB by far but if you get extra picks there is a lot of good talent in the middle rounds this year that would fit their needs (OL, OLB, etc.) Where do you get that the team would have won 6 or 7 games this year? Clemens was the worst rated QB in the league this year. What are you using to figure that out? I agree that Clemens would benefit from a better OL but so would Brooks Bollinger. Given what is on this roster right now, Chad is (unfortunately for the haters) the best option they have. Please let me be wrong about Clemens or let them find gold in the draft this year.

I looked at the schedule, the games we played, the amount of points our defense gave up and how Clemens had more than a few nice late game drives and believe that if he played the whole season he would have won a few games that chad lost. I also believe that if chad played the full 16 games the Jets would have only 1 win, we'd probably lose to even Miami. Brooks like Chad even with a great o-line/running game and defence are unable to get anything done. The bottom line is that Kellen got better results this year than chad did and Kellen had less to work with.

I'm not even saying that Kellen is a good QB, or that he has what it takes. I'm merely saying that he is a better option than Chaddy P and the scrubby free agents/draft class this year. That we should give him a chance next year with an NFL quality line and receivers that can catch the ball and it is very possible that he could turn out to be a quality starter. I guarantee that if we trade Chad and both of them start, he'll win more games than chadwick.

I looked at the schedule, the games we played, the amount of points our defense gave up and how Clemens had more than a few nice late game drives and believe that if he played the whole season he would have won a few games that chad lost. I also believe that if chad played the full 16 games the Jets would have only 1 win, we'd probably lose to even Miami. Brooks like Chad even with a great o-line/running game and defence are unable to get anything done. The bottom line is that Kellen got better results this year than chad did and Kellen had less to work with.

I'm not even saying that Kellen is a good QB, or that he has what it takes. I'm merely saying that he is a better option than Chaddy P and the scrubby free agents/draft class this year. That we should give him a chance next year with an NFL quality line and receivers that can catch the ball and it is very possible that he could turn out to be a quality starter. I guarantee that if we trade Chad and both of them start, he'll win more games than chadwick.

i agree-- after seeing chad falter in the 2-minute drill again and again any small hope that i had for him to be the guy faded away. he's kaput.

I hate to say this, but I would rather have Chad at QB than Kellen, I was happy when I saw Chad get hurt in the first game of the season, but I have to admit, Chad just seems like he knows what he's doing out there when Kellen doesn't.

Elaborate this position please, please explain to me how one win, dump-off chad who scores three points a game seems like he knows what he is doing out there?

Elaborate this position please, please explain to me how one win, dump-off chad who scores three points a game seems like he knows what he is doing out there?

Probably because he ran the offence better, by that I mean running the no huddle effectively, whereas Clemens did not. Clemens also gave up a lot of delay of game penalties IIRC.

Probably because he ran the offence better, by that I mean running the no huddle effectively, whereas Clemens did not. Clemens also gave up a lot of delay of game penalties IIRC.

That is a product of Chad being an experienced starter and him getting the majority of the snap in practice. I think if you give Kellen 100% of the first-offense, training camp and practice snaps and work with him as the #1 starter some of those ROOKIE mistakes will vanish. After that, and with an NFL starting line and receivers who can catch balls throw faster than a lob he might be a quality starter. Face the facts, second year peyton, brady, namath, young, montana(assuming they all sat their first years and had a pretty crappy game called) don't do any better than Kellen.

What was up with the offense play-calling this year? It sucked something awful.

Agree, and IMO it made both our QB's look a lot worse than they actually are.

There were times, late in games where the DB's knew exactly where they were gonna throw and were just ****ing playing center field back there waiting for a pick. We know that there isn't a lot of time left but that same ****ing sideline pass isn't gonna work 5 times in a row.

That is a product of Chad being an experienced starter and him getting the majority of the snap in practice. I think if you give Kellen 100% of the first-offense, training camp and practice snaps and work with him as the #1 starter some of those ROOKIE mistakes will vanish. After that, and with an NFL starting line and receivers who can catch balls throw faster than a lob he might be a quality starter. Face the facts, second year peyton, brady, namath, young, montana(assuming they all sat their first years and had a pretty crappy game called) don't do any better than Kellen.

Manning threw 26 TDS his first season on a bad team. Yeah he threw 28 picks and got roughed up, but there is no comparision. Even as bad as Manning played for the 3-13 Colts, he still set Rookie QB records and showed plenty of signs why the Colts took him with their first pick.

Montana had like 15 TDs and 9 picks in his first year as a starter. His second season as a starter(only 3rd in the NFL) he went to a super bowl.

Marina won Rookie of the year and went to the super bowl in his second season. Brady won a super bowl in his first season as a starter. Steve Young played in the USFL at first, then for the joke of a franchise Bucs, then finally he got his chance like 8 years after he left college. If it takes KC 8 years, I doubt he'll be on the Jets. Namath won the rookie of the year and then in his 3rd season, he broke the record for passing yards.

It seems people believe what they want to believe. KC needs to show something next year otherwise it probably means he ain't much of a starting QB in the NFL.

All I know is all the people you mentioned, every one of them except Steve Young showed very early that they were legit bona fide NFL starting QB's who might become even greater.

So far KC hasn't shown much. And people keep downing Chad as a bad QB and that they'd win only 1 game with him. Wow... last time I checked they won 10 games last season with him. I guess he was along for the ride. He shouldn't be the QB of the Jets anymore, but at this point, Chad has proven he's a far better QB than KC in the NFL. Maybe that changes next season, but last tme I checked, a guy who throws 4 TDs and 10 Picks isn't considered good.

Manning threw 26 TDS his first season on a bad team. Yeah he threw 28 picks and got roughed up, but there is no comparision. Even as bad as Manning played for the 3-13 Colts, he still set Rookie QB records and showed plenty of signs why the Colts took him with their first pick.

Montana had like 15 TDs and 9 picks in his first year as a starter. His second season as a starter(only 3rd in the NFL) he went to a super bowl.

Marina won Rookie of the year and went to the super bowl in his second season. Brady won a super bowl in his first season as a starter. Steve Young played in the USFL at first, then for the joke of a franchise Bucs, then finally he got his chance like 8 years after he left college. If it takes KC 8 years, I doubt he'll be on the Jets. Namath won the rookie of the year and then in his 3rd season, he broke the record for passing yards.

It seems people believe what they want to believe. KC needs to show something next year otherwise it probably means he ain't much of a starting QB in the NFL.

All I know is all the people you mentioned, every one of them except Steve Young showed very early that they were legit bona fide NFL starting QB's who might become even greater.

So far KC hasn't shown much. And people keep downing Chad as a bad QB and that they'd win only 1 game with him. Wow... last time I checked they won 10 games last season with him. I guess he was along for the ride. He shouldn't be the QB of the Jets anymore, but at this point, Chad has proven he's a far better QB than KC in the NFL. Maybe that changes next season, but last tme I checked, a guy who throws 4 TDs and 10 Picks isn't considered good.

I never said once that kellen was good, just a better option than chad. Also, I never said he was doing better than those qb's at this point in their careers. Nor did I say he showed the potential or skills that they did. I said that if they were on the new york jets starting for the first time in the nfl in their careers that they would do just as poorly as kellen did. That is was not a situation where any qb could do well. The only reason chad won as many games is because of an easy schedule and taking teams by surprise. The play-calling and coaching was also better last year. It's impossible for a young qb to perform well with the offensive line he had this year.

I will say it again, I'm not a fan of Kellen, I don't think he did well this year. I just don't want chad in and I don't think we need to waste our first round pick on a QB this year where we have suck a ****ty o-line, d-line and we need better backers. I think Clemens did enough to merit another shot next year. If he sucks next year we will have a higher pick and hopefully better qb's to select from in the draft. I'm not a big college football fan and this is the first year I've followed it, but I don't like the jets picking any of these guys early in the draft.

I thinkEliManning hadmoredelay of game penalties than KC--if that is the measure of a QB, what is he doing in the Super Bowl?

Do you think it wouldhave been possible for a Jet QB to throw 26 TDs this year, considering the offense he had surrounding him, the injuries to WRs and the fact that the TE had to be a sixth OL most of the time? Jet QBs were sacked 57 times this year compared to 21 for Manning. And last time I looked: no Marvin Harrison here.

Do you think it wouldhave been possible for a Jet QB to throw 26 TDs this year, considering the offense he had surrounding him, the injuries to WRs and the fact that the TE had to be a sixth OL most of the time? Jet QBs were sacked 57 times this year compared to 21 for Manning. And last time I looked: no Marvin Harrison here.

You do realize the Colts were a 3-13 team in Mannings first year right? They finished 3-13 in 1997 as well. Saying that a team who finished 3-13 in back to back seasons is good is kind of ridiculous. They were not a good team.

And this excuse that the Jets had an easy schedule last year is lame. They did not have a hard schedule this year. Half the teams they played were not much better than them.

I agree that KC should be the starter, but I don't agree that if he shows no signs of being good next year that everything would be fine. It might be in a few years if they get lucky with a young QB, but I doubt this coaching staff and regime would still be around. They picked KC in the 2nd round. If he falters, regimes usually don't get another chance to pick another franchise QB of the future. No, if KC winds up being a dud, Mangini and company are probably gone. You can't go into year 4 hoping your newly drafted 2009 QB is the QB of the future.

If they win a super bowl next year, all bets are off. But if they go 8-8 and KC stinks and Chad comes in to play half the time or somebody else plays, I'm sorry but this regime won't be around. Nobody gives coaches and regimes 10 years to build a winner. And going into year 4 with an unknown still at QB kind of means it becomes a 6-8 year plan. And that's if the QB they draft is any good.

You do realize the Colts were a 3-13 team in Mannings first year right? They finished 3-13 in 1997 as well. Saying that a team who finished 3-13 in back to back seasons is good is kind of ridiculous. They were not a good team.

And this excuse that the Jets had an easy schedule last year is lame. They did not have a hard schedule this year. Half the teams they played were not much better than them.

I agree that KC should be the starter, but I don't agree that if he shows no signs of being good next year that everything would be fine. It might be in a few years if they get lucky with a young QB, but I doubt this coaching staff and regime would still be around. They picked KC in the 2nd round. If he falters, regimes usually don't get another chance to pick another franchise QB of the future. No, if KC winds up being a dud, Mangini and company are probably gone. You can't go into year 4 hoping your newly drafted 2009 QB is the QB of the future.

If they win a super bowl next year, all bets are off. But if they go 8-8 and KC stinks and Chad comes in to play half the time or somebody else plays, I'm sorry but this regime won't be around. Nobody gives coaches and regimes 10 years to build a winner. And going into year 4 with an unknown still at QB kind of means it becomes a 6-8 year plan. And that's if the QB they draft is any good.

IF KC sucks next year, which is a strong possibility, he and mangreeni should be tossed out. I think that he should be given next year to suck. If he improves and shows significant progress and takes this team to 8-8 next year, I'd be pretty happy and confident of him going into his third year of playing.

I want Chad to stay. He is still the best QB we have right now. Like it or not, he gives us the best chance to win. He didn't really have a bad year statistically. The thing that killed him as starter last year was throwing INTs at the worst time. But when KC was starter he threw the same type of INTs as Chad. KC had the lowest passer rating of any QB in the league last year. Chad is also the unquestioned leader of this team. He is the best fit for this offense. The reason Kellen won more games last year was because the defense stepped up during his starts. Had the defense played as well when Chad was starting, we would definitely have more than 1 win in our first 8 games when Chad started. Us Jets fans really don't know how lucky we are having Chad as our QB. I can name plenty of teams that need a QB like Chad, for example: The Dolphins, Ravens, Chiefs, Redskins, Bucs, Falcons, Bears, Vikings, Lions, and 49ers. If we can surround Chad with a better O-Line, Defense, and better play calling, he could lead us to a superbowl. Think about it, with a better O-Line it will give Thomas Jones more room to run. If Thomas Jones has more room to run, it will take some pressure off Chad. With a better defense, maybe we would have some sort of pass rush that we lacked last season. We also need a better run defense because teams ran all over us last season. Trust me, if management does its job and improves the team by actually signing quality free agents and we have a productive draft, we should be in for a good season and a legit shot at advancing far to the playoffs into the super bowl. Chad doesn't have to be spectacular and carry us through every game. If he just manages the game and not make many mistakes, we should be fine. Teams have won super bowls with game managers as QBs. (see Trent Dilfer with Ravens in 01 season, Brad Johnson with Bucs in 03 season.) Plus, there really isn't any top must have free agent QBs on the market this offseason. I see Chad as our best option for starter next season. I want him to stay.

I want Chad to stay. He is still the best QB we have right now. Like it or not, he gives us the best chance to win. He didn't really have a bad year statistically. The thing that killed him as starter last year was throwing INTs at the worst time. But when KC was starter he threw the same type of INTs as Chad. KC had the lowest passer rating of any QB in the league last year. Chad is also the unquestioned leader of this team. He is the best fit for this offense. The reason Kellen won more games last year was because the defense stepped up during his starts. Had the defense played as well when Chad was starting, we would definitely have more than 1 win in our first 8 games when Chad started. Us Jets fans really don't know how lucky we are having Chad as our QB. I can name plenty of teams that need a QB like Chad, for example: The Dolphins, Ravens, Chiefs, Redskins, Bucs, Falcons, Bears, Vikings, Lions, and 49ers. If we can surround Chad with a better O-Line, Defense, and better play calling, he could lead us to a superbowl. Think about it, with a better O-Line it will give Thomas Jones more room to run. If Thomas Jones has more room to run, it will take some pressure off Chad. With a better defense, maybe we would have some sort of pass rush that we lacked last season. We also need a better run defense because teams ran all over us last season. Trust me, if management does its job and improves the team by actually signing quality free agents and we have a productive draft, we should be in for a good season and a legit shot at advancing far to the playoffs into the super bowl. Chad doesn't have to be spectacular and carry us through every game. If he just manages the game and not make many mistakes, we should be fine. Teams have won super bowls with game managers as QBs. (see Trent Dilfer with Ravens in 01 season, Brad Johnson with Bucs in 03 season.) Plus, there really isn't any top must have free agent QBs on the market this offseason. I see Chad as our best option for starter next season. I want him to stay.

whtcneji2.jpg

chadsgunblankcy4.jpg

I want Chad to stay. He is still the best QB we have right now. Like it or not, he gives us the best chance to win. He didn't really have a bad year statistically. The thing that killed him as starter last year was throwing INTs at the worst time. But when KC was starter he threw the same type of INTs as Chad. KC had the lowest passer rating of any QB in the league last year. Chad is also the unquestioned leader of this team. He is the best fit for this offense. The reason Kellen won more games last year was because the defense stepped up during his starts. Had the defense played as well when Chad was starting, we would definitely have more than 1 win in our first 8 games when Chad started.

Us Jets fans really don't know how lucky we are having Chad as our QB. I can name plenty of teams that need a QB like Chad, for example: The Dolphins, Ravens, Chiefs, Redskins, Bucs, Falcons, Bears, Vikings, Lions, and 49ers. If we can surround Chad with a better O-Line, Defense, and better play calling, he could lead us to a superbowl. Think about it, with a better O-Line it will give Thomas Jones more room to run. If Thomas Jones has more room to run, it will take some pressure off Chad. With a better defense, maybe we would have some sort of pass rush that we lacked last season. We also need a better run defense because teams ran all over us last season.

Trust me, if management does its job and improves the team by actually signing quality free agents and we have a productive draft, we should be in for a good season and a legit shot at advancing far to the playoffs into the super bowl. Chad doesn't have to be spectacular and carry us through every game. If he just manages the game and not make many mistakes, we should be fine. Teams have won super bowls with game managers as QBs. (see Trent Dilfer with Ravens in 01 season, Brad Johnson with Bucs in 03 season.) Plus, there really isn't any top must have free agent QBs on the market this offseason. I see Chad as our best option for starter next season. I want him to stay.

Yes, but the old mediocre past that is Chad is still better than anything we have right now including Clemens. I really don't see how we can move on unless maybe we draft Matt Ryan or Brian Brohm at #6. But if we do that it will take a while for them to adjust to the NFL and we would most likely not win many games next year. Our best option to win right now is Chad, like it or not.

Yes, but the old mediocre past that is Chad is still better than anything we have right now including Clemens. I really don't see how we can move on unless maybe we draft Matt Ryan or Brian Brohm at #6. But if we do that it will take a while for them to adjust to the NFL and we would most likely not win many games next year. Our best option to win right now is Chad, like it or not.

So Ryan and Brohm get a chance to adjust to the NFL but Clemens doesnt?

Chad sucks. He's proven he cant get over the hump. Clemens may or not be able to, but at least there is upside there. We know what Chad is, and it isnt good enough. If you want to go 8-8 next year with Chad, go right ahead. But I'd rather roll the dice with Clemens and go either 6-10 (Clemens struggles) or 10-6(Clemens is legit).

Archived