OK, Carlos Beltran, Pedro appreciates you for the effort....

Jetsfan80

...But can you start hitting for the REST of the pitching staff now?

Beltran with Pedro on the mound: .326, 9 HR, 22 RBI

Beltran with anyone else on the mound: .250, 1 HR, 22 RBI

Is this some kind of conspiracy, or does Beltran just suck enough to TIME his suckiness AROUND a Pedro start? :shock:

Is this some kind of conspiracy, or does Beltran just suck enough to TIME his suckiness AROUND a Pedro start? :shock:

But can you start hitting for the REST of the pitching staff now?

Is this some kind of conspiracy, or does Beltran just suck enough to TIME his suckiness AROUND a Pedro start?

If you consider THe Unit to be inconsistant, then you MUST consider Beltran to be a BUST thusfar

Thankfully for both, there is the 2nd half to earn their Million$

But can you start hitting for the REST of the pitching staff now?

Is this some kind of conspiracy, or does Beltran just suck enough to TIME his suckiness AROUND a Pedro start?

If you consider THe Unit to be inconsistant, then you MUST consider Beltran to be a BUST thusfar

Thankfully for both, there is the 2nd half to earn their Million$

Offensively, absolutely.

But defensively, there would probably only be 2 centerfielders in the game I would take over Beltran: Jim Edmonds and Andruw Jones.

Offensively, absolutely.

But defensively, there would probably only be 2 centerfielders in the game I would take over Beltran: Jim Edmonds and Andruw Jones.

Offensively, absolutely.

As "bad" as Unit has been, he has just as many wins as Pedro.....9

Offensively, absolutely.

As "bad" as Unit has been, he has just as many wins as Pedro.....9

Right this down people, Ken bashing his own team. :shock:

What do you mean by "Right this down"? :shock:

By the way, I've bashed my own team plenty of times. It just goes unnoticed because 99 % of the topics are about the Yankees (well, until they lose a few games in a row. Then the forum dies).

What do you mean by "Right this down"? :shock:

By the way, I've bashed my own team plenty of times. It just goes unnoticed because 99 % of the topics are about the Yankees (well, until they lose a few games in a row. Then the forum dies).

It just shows that Beltran is pressing like a mofo here. He has way too much on his back considering what a stiff that Piazza has been. I'd really like to know what Omar is going to do over the next few weeks to get some offensive firepower on this team. Get Piazza out of here and go get a Sean Casey or a Mike Sweeney. At least those two can get the bat off their shoulder every now and then. Piazza is in semi-retirement right now and he knows it.

It just shows that Beltran is pressing like a mofo here. He has way too much on his back considering what a stiff that Piazza has been. I'd really like to know what Omar is going to do over the next few weeks to get some offensive firepower on this team. Get Piazza out of here and go get a Sean Casey or a Mike Sweeney. At least those two can get the bat off their shoulder every now and then. Piazza is in semi-retirement right now and he knows it.

And what exactly are we going to get for Piazza? :shock:

It's too late to try to deal him. Just stay the course as far as the catcher spot is concerned. Bat him 8th, for all I care, but we aren't going to get more than peanuts for him.

Cliff Floyd and Mike Cameron are the only real trade bait we have right now.

It's too late to try to deal him. Just stay the course as far as the catcher spot is concerned. Bat him 8th, for all I care, but we aren't going to get more than peanuts for him.

Somebody will take the bait on Piazza as a DH in a second. An AL contender being able to let Mike swing the bat without having to catch will be getting a very nice player, and the Mets will not hold them up for too much either. I think it's clear that all parties would like to move on.

Somebody will take the bait on Piazza as a DH in a second. An AL contender being able to let Mike swing the bat without having to catch will be getting a very nice player, and the Mets will not hold them up for too much either. I think it's clear that all parties would like to move on.

Produce me a list of AL teams that would want a .260 hitter who can't get around on a fastball anymore, and I'll shut up.

Produce me a list of AL teams that would want a .260 hitter who can't get around on a fastball anymore, and I'll shut up.

Archived