Bills set to get annual games in Toronto

JetNation

If getting the tons of extra $$ and fan base expansion happens like they're talking about, and I can still get tickets to these games, I'll be alright, I can deal with 7 home games if it means the Bills stay in Buffalo.

In your heart you KNOW once Ralph passes away all bets are off. You'll be LUCKY if they move to Toronto. At least you can make the 2 hr. drive to the games. :biggrin:

In your heart you KNOW once Ralph passes away all bets are off. You'll be LUCKY if they move to Toronto. At least you can make the 2 hr. drive to the games. :biggrin:

So your saying once R.W. dies it will be reversed and Buffalo will be luckey to get 1 game a year with the other 7 home games in Toronto....

There was talk about Seattle doing that here as well, pretty sure that's dead now.

As long as there's a CFL team in Toronto I seriously doubt you'll see an NFL team move there. One game a year, different story. Could be a fun road trip for the people in Buffalo. Wonder if they'll make it late in the year when it's cold so they can play inside?

So your saying once R.W. dies it will be reversed and Buffalo will be luckey to get 1 game a year with the other 7 home games in Toronto....

Toronto already has a CFL team, and doesn't have a suitable NFL stadium. The Rogers Centre holds like 55,000 for football. Theres no plan or even talks in Toronto of building a new stadium or anything right now. I'm not worried of the Bills leaving at all.

Biggest talks here are Jim Kelly and Thurman buying the team, or Sabres owner and billionaire, Tom Galision buying them.

One more note on this.

Toronto could double the ticket price of what they charge in Buff and still sell out easily.

No doubt, there's lotsa people with money there all too willing to spend it on big league sports.

Check out the Maple Laffs.

Arguably not big league sport and a very average franchise.

But continually sold out, hard to get for the average fan and at some of the higher ticket prices in their league. The NFL is primo, I think it would thrive there.

One more note on this.

Toronto could double the ticket price of what they charge in Buff and still sell out easily.

No doubt, there's lotsa people with money there all too willing to spend it on big league sports.

But continually sold out, hard to get for the average fan and at some of the higher ticket prices in their league. The NFL is primo, I think it would thrive there.

The Maple Leafs are BIG LEAGUE SPORT in Canada. The Maple Leafs are bigger than the Bills will ever be, in Canada.

One more note on this.

Gotta disagree. They are the richest team in the NHL and one of the most popular teams in by far and away the biggest sport in Canada. Honestly, having lived in Toronto I would say they are the NHL equivalent of the Cowboys without the success.

However I do agree that the Bills would thrive in Toronto, as I am sure they would.

If getting the tons of extra $$ and fan base expansion happens like they're talking about, and I can still get tickets to these games, I'll be alright, I can deal with 7 home games if it means the Bills stay in Buffalo.

Maybe the Jets can play 1 game a year in the City of New York?

Maybe the Jets can play 1 game a year in the City of New York?

Where did you have in mind ,since i`m sure niether the new Citi field or new yankee stadium will be built to accomadate 80,000 people ,then there is the problem of where you are going to put the folks that will be paying for luxory boxes that start at $250,000 -$1,000,000 a box and there will be 200 of those in our new stadium at $25,000 -$100,000 a game they may not be to quick about giving up a game

You might not be able to afford tickets.

Right now Bills tixs are the lowest priced in the league. Thats all going to change when the Bills are bought by a Canadian billonare and he up and moves the Bills to Toronto. They want in on the NFL and the NFL wants their money. Combined gross revenue drives the salry cap and the Bills relocating would only drive the pool up for all teams to share from in the terms of salary cap.

Toronto is flithy rich. Numerous corporations have their headquarters based there. Toronto is prepared to renovate an existing stadium to accomodate an NFL frnachise and the NFL. Possibly even a Super Bowl.

Gotta disagree. They are the richest team in the NHL and one of the most popular teams in by far and away the biggest sport in Canada. Honestly, having lived in Toronto I would say they are the NHL equivalent of the Cowboys without the success.

However I do agree that the Bills would thrive in Toronto, as I am sure they would.

Agree, the Leafs and NHL are big league sport up here, but to many Americans hockey is a notch below football and baseball. That was my point.

Archived