WOW - Senate Investigation - NFL/Pats

apopip

haha 6 tapes over last 6 years..yeah right:gfight:

Actually, it was 6 tapes from the 2006 and 2007 seasons, which makes it even more of a joke. So that means if the Pats are telling the truth and that's all there was, then how did Mangini know of what they were doing when he came to the Jets? Did the Pats destroy everything before 2006? Doubtful.

Belichick probably has a vault or panic room in his basement with hundreds of tapes in it.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You think that is an unreasonable stance? How about this: if there is evidence of continued cheating then maybe the government should get involved to make sure the NFL is not providing a tainted product. Maybe. If there is no proof of further cheating or tampering then what could six (count 'em 6!) tapes of taped signals mean in the grand scheme of things? Be honest, do you honestly believe that the Pats stealing signals rates a Senate hearing?

Goodells handling of the situation is what in question here by the senate, not NEs deeds. They are trying to look into the way the NFL handled itself here, and I think you are right by using the term "providing a tainted product". That may have merit in the end result of all this.

But like you alluded to earlier, Im not holding my breath for anything to come of this either.

It's stupid to me. The Government and the CIA are the same people who have destroyed tons of evidence over the years yet they want to waste time with steroid use in baseball and cheating in football. Should the Pats be punished more than the lame punishment given to them? Yes of course.

But when the Government is wasting time looking into steroids and cheating while the US economy seems to be crumbling, just sounds like politicians priorities are screwed up.

Ok, so how are they going to "knock themselves out" if the actual physical evidence was destroyed? That in itself is O of J. Yep, they shouldve jumped in and took over the investigation from the get go, but that is hindsight being 20/20. Who thought Goodell wouldve handled the situation the way he did, when he took over with his "no nonsense" policies he seemed to be a man on a mission. Its after he had seemingly mishandled this situation that it garnered senate interest.

I agree, Goodell seems to be more in Krafts back pocket than Tags was. Hard to believe it's possible - but it seems it is.

Now I've seen it all. Jets fans on the Spector bandwagon. Are you kidding me?! The dude is a crack-pot Eagles fan. Wasn't he the dofus that made an arse of himself duing the Anita Hill debacle?

Still don't get what was illegal here? Was the videographer an illegal immigrant? Was he dealing drugs? Was he a tax evader? A parole violater? Did he possess an unregistered gun? Was he selling machine guns to the Taliban?

This whole thing is a joke. The timing is a joke too. Gee wonder why the story broke now?

Sheep.

Now I've seen it all. Jets fans on the Spector bandwagon. Are you kidding me?! The dude is a crack-pot Eagles fan. Wasn't he the dofus that made an arse of himself duing the Anita Hill debacle?

Still don't get what was illegal here? Was the videographer an illegal immigrant? Was he dealing drugs? Was he a tax evader? A parole violater? Did he possess an unregistered gun? Was he selling machine guns to the Taliban?

This whole thing is a joke. The timing is a joke too. Gee wonder why the story broke now?

Sheep.

first of all, i am NOT a Spector fan.. BUT Goodell did ignore him since November when Spector initially asked him ...

just sayin ;)

baaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sheep.

then it should not affect the black sheep!;)

Sheep.

This post is just sad. So sad.

Sheep.

This is almost not worth responding to.

No, he just allowed cheating or manipulating of a game to go unpunished. By your logic Pete Rose and Barry Bonds did nothing wrong.

Sheep.

Lets just hypothetically say that it was the Arizona Cardinals who have been caught filming the Rams signals after the NFL gave out a memo to cease doing so to all teams. Also, lets hypothetically say that the Cards had won multiple SuperBowls in the last 10 years and have never gone below 10-6 in that time. Lets throw in (hypothetically) that Arizona was 18-0 going into yet another SB.

Time after time you watch Arizona games (because they are perpetually on the tv) and time after time YOU YOURSELF can see certain penalties and non calls go Arizonas way, and you can see blatant holding allowing plays to develop for them. Lets add in that you can see with your own eyes, as a long time NFL fan/watcher, push offs from Arizona WRs and repeated cheap shots by the defensive players. (that dont get called)

As you are a fan of the NFL who has spent alot of time and money throughout many years watching the sport you love, you wait for the new "iron fist" commish to give out his ruling. After all, what Arizona has done could deliver a devastating blow to the sport you love, and could explain some of the success Arizona has had. Hell, you can see the questionable plays as they unfold on the tv yourself.

So the ruling comes in, and its pretty much a slap on the wrist to the Cards. The punishment is by NFL standards unprecedented, but in the big picture it seems mild in light of Arizonas run of victories and rings they have gotten while youve watched the questionable plays happen. The "iron fist" commish decides hes going to destroy all the evidence so that they cant be used again, instead of locking them into a vault somewhere so that they may be referred to in later cases of foul play as they are now part of a punishment precedent for this kind of rule infraction.

The senate tries to get in touch with the commish after hearing about how he handled the situation, and now wants to have a sit down with him about a couple of things. After all, the NFL is a US giant in sports and if something is being broadcast to the american public as a legitimate product (that you have a vested interest and small stake in), it should damn well be legitimate for all intents and purposes.

Now I ask you, if this hypothetical situation was going on how would you react then? What would you be saying on this Jets board today if it wasnt your Patriots involved?

I hate the cheating Pats. But this is total crap.

There are soldiers dying every day in Iraq and Afghanistan.

There are illegals streaming across the border.

Congress and the moron president are pissing our money away at every opportunity.

And THIS is what they want to spend money and time investigating?

PHvCK ARLEN SPECTOR.

Congress and the moron president are pissing our money away at every opportunity.

PHvCK ARLEN SPECTOR.

I don't want to PHvCK him. You PHvCK him!

This is almost not worth responding to.

No, he just allowed cheating or manipulating of a game to go unpunished. By your logic Pete Rose and Barry Bonds did nothing wrong.

ya,,down deep they know thier rings are a sham,,

yhjey are just lashing out hoping to somehow mask what is there for all to see,,3 point sb wins were result of unfair advantage,,

its sad actually..

i would hate it if Jets SB win would come out with a report Jets cheated..

PHvCK ARLEN SPECTOR.

Everything you said is true BUT here is the cruel irony in all of this---

Pro Sports was designed to provide a distraction for the sheeple, to prevent them from noticing (or caring about) the corruption and treasonous behavior of our elected officials, their financiers, and other political power brokers.

Now it is part and parcel of it.

PHvCK ARLEN SPECTOR.

yeah, you are right, we should just allow big businesses to do as they please. :yawn:

Archived