Heart Problems....any experts here?

vinnys025

Just found out my dad has a left bundle branch block and his normal heartrate is 42 BPM. My heartrate is about 48 BPM, however I exercise alot. Somehow I don't think this is healthy for a man in his 50's who does very little. If anyone knows anything, please let me know what all this could be. He does not have coverage so we will not be following up with any doctors.

..when it rains....it pours....

Just found out my dad has a left bundle branch block and his normal heartrate is 42 BPM. My heartrate is about 48 BPM, however I exercise alot. Somehow I don't think this is healthy for a man in his 50's who does very little. If anyone knows anything, please let me know what all this could be. He does not have coverage so we will not be following up with any doctors.

..when it rains....it pours....

i'm no help but sorry to hear about your dad. if angioplasty or whatever is needed it would really suck not to have insurance

i'm no help but sorry to hear about your dad. if angioplasty or whatever is needed it would really suck not to have insurance

Yeah, that is horrible to think about.. especially when there is blockage involved. Sorry about that, Vinny.

My husband had 2 valves repaired in June and the medical bills were ridiculous even with a good health plan.

Get him to the hospital Vinny. Just because he doesn't have insurance doesn't mean he can't get healthcare. Most public hospitals will work out payment plans or even chalk it up as charity care. Or better yet, have your father speak spanish and tell the hospital he doesn't have an SSN or greencard. He'll get the best health care our tax dollars can provide.

Get him to the hospital Vinny. Just because he doesn't have insurance doesn't mean he can't get healthcare. Most public hospitals will work out payment plans or even chalk it up as charity care. Or better yet, have your father speak spanish and tell the hospital he doesn't have an SSN or greencard. He'll get the best health care our tax dollars can provide.

Hey, your the one who should be getting into a hospital.

You make a good point about getting into the hospital. they can not turn you away by

law. I know that's the way it is in florida.

When I had my heart attack in 2001, I was in the hospital for 5 days. The hospital

sent a bill for $54,000. The Ins. Co, negotiated it down to 9,000.

My insurance had an $1,000 out of pocket max so all the doctor and assorted

things they charge you for besides the room was paid by the Ins. Co.

If you do go don't be afraid of the figures they quote you just tell them you will pay

what you can.

Archived