****The Official Super Bowl XLII Game Thread****

TaborJet

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the Patriot's bus gets in a terrible accident on the way to the game, and all 52 NE players suffer non-life threatening ankle sprains.

I dont want to wish harm on any player.... just minor, game preventing injuries :shutit:

The official rule-book states that in a play-off game; after the 7th OT, the game is decided by a coin toss. I wouldn't mind a 0-0 game ending after 11 quarters of play with the Patsies calling "heads" on a "tails"-topped flip.

Knowing our luck, they've video-taped the coin-flipping tendencies of the game officials and will pull off another narrow victory.

Go commercials!!!

Super Bowl suggestion:

My gambling friends and I have found another way to make blow-out SuperBowl games more interesting... It's called "name your bet"

Using poker chips (everyone buys in for $20 or so in 25 cent chips), you name your bet, and toss a chip in a pot, whenever you want; whoever wants to can call your bet, or not.

[on a third and long]

"I bet 25 cents they convert it."

[on a field goal try]

"Two chips he misses left."

This is even fun for the commercials,

"I bet 75 cents we see a cola commercial in this break"

It makes the whole game fun.

Other bets:

-screen pass, run up the middle, LB blitz, deep bomb, they go for it, interception in the next two minutes, Welker on a crossing route, Maroney gets it, Eli completes his next four attempts, etc...

you get the idea.

Ah, another defensive struggle. Defense wins championships indeed.

Both teams have excellent offenses that got them to this point, and chances are they will score a decent amount as well. That is why the Ravens, Buccs and some other top defensive teams are no longer playing.

Except for that first drive, the Giants offense has been crap.

I'm having a tough time, here. I promised to root for the Patsies in honor of my mother, but all my instincts go the other way.

Bob-- My dad is from Mass and he is a Pats fan, i told him under no

circumstance will i ever root for pats/sox. Now your Mom is in a good place

and i'm sure the good lord has told her they are cheatahs and not to worry

Bob-- My dad is from Mass and he is a Pats fan, i told him under no

circumstance will i ever root for pats/sox. Now your Mom is in a good place

and i'm sure the good lord has told her they are cheatahs and not to worry

I'll sure be glad to lose this avatar. My new one is sweet. It debuts as soon as the game ends.

The Giants Defense is playing great. If Eli would stop throwing the ball to Justin McCare....err...Steve Smith...they would be much better off.

They can win this game.

Yes The G Man D is rocking!!

stupid pierre woods forgot to grab football with hands, the dumb F

Archived