Tongue staying put.....

JonEJet

NO CUTS: Already under the salary cap, the Jets didn't make any cuts yesterday. It's believed that SS Reggie Tongue, thought to be on the bubble because a $400,000 roster bonus was due yesterday, averted his ouster by restructuring his contract

I know most didn't like Reggie for most the year. But a man who played well down the stretch....crunchtime, deserves to stay!!

NO CUTS: Already under the salary cap, the Jets didn't make any cuts yesterday. It's believed that SS Reggie Tongue, thought to be on the bubble because a $400,000 roster bonus was due yesterday, averted his ouster by restructuring his contract

I know most didn't like Reggie for most the year. But a man who played well down the stretch....crunchtime, deserves to stay!!

Way to hang onto all your Super Stars.

Nice job Jets.

I agree. He can stay for another season.

Hey Tex, I meant to ask you....is your savior DB Troy Brown going to be back or is the cut a permanent one?

Warfish,

I would love to have Troy Brown back. Where can you get a clutch 4th-5th receiver, nickle and dime back and a PR all wrapped up in one?

I mentioned in the other thread, and this is just my opinion, that the market value/need of the other teams will not be that strong for Brown's services.

I think he returns to the Pats at a largely discounted rate.

I would love to have Troy Brown back. Where can you get a clutch 4th-5th receiver, nickle and dime back and a PR all wrapped up in one?

I mentioned in the other thread, and this is just my opinion, that the market value/need of the other teams will not be that strong for Brown's services.

He's no kid anymore Tex and that could be the biggest factor into you getting your wish

Warfish,

I don't know Tex.....Bill Parcells seems obsessed with his former players over all others. And Dallas has, if I recall, plenty of cap space.

I think they too would like a #4 WR/#4 DB/PR all-in-one, especially a former Parcells-ite. Drew is a Cowboy now...how long till Troy Brown is too?

I don't know Tex.....Bill Parcells seems obsessed with his former players over all others. And Dallas has, if I recall, plenty of cap space.

I think they too would like a #4 WR/#4 DB/PR all-in-one, especially a former Parcells-ite. Drew is a Cowboy now...how long till Troy Brown is too?

Ah crap Warfish, now you got me thinking. :lol:

I'm staying with my gut feeling and saying he returns to the Pats.

Well at least you found someone who would offer us a hometown discount ... too bad he sucks ](*,)

The only players who offer us a hometown discount are the guys who are hanging on for dear life

If not for us, they are not even in the league anymore ... see Mo Lewis, Marvin Jones, Sam Garnes, etc

This year it's Reggie Tongue and sorry to say it, Wayne Chrebet, who play for the Jets or play for no-one

BTW, contrast the Chrebet thing with the Patriots and Troy Brown ... notice how the Patriots chopped him off at the waist the second he outlived his usefulness ... LIFE-LONG PATRIOT, HELPED THEM WIN SUPERBOWLS, BLAH BLAH BLAH ... makes no difference to the Patriots ... THAT OLD MAN IS OUT!!

Am I knocking NE?

HELL NO ... I admire their lack of sentimentality ... it's about winning championships, not providing welfare checks to beloved Geezers

If it was my call, Reggie Tongue would have been OUT yesterday ... and yes, sorry to say it but Wayne Chrebet would have been OUT as well ... maybe Donnie Abraham too ... and any other Geezers who no-longer pack the gear

The only players who offer us a hometown discount are the guys who are hanging on for dear life

If not for us, they are not even in the league anymore ... see Mo Lewis, Marvin Jones, Sam Garnes, etc

This year it's Reggie Tongue and sorry to say it, Wayne Chrebet, who play for the Jets or play for no-one

BTW, contrast the Chrebet thing with the Patriots and Troy Brown ... notice how the Patriots chopped him off at the waist the second he outlived his usefulness ... LIFE-LONG PATRIOT, HELPED THEM WIN SUPERBOWLS, BLAH BLAH BLAH ... makes no difference to the Patriots ... THAT OLD MAN IS OUT!!

Am I knocking NE?

HELL NO ... I admire their lack of sentimentality ... it's about winning championships, not providing welfare checks to beloved Geezers

If it was my call, Reggie Tongue would have been OUT yesterday ... and yes, sorry to say it but Wayne Chrebet would have been OUT as well ... maybe Donnie Abraham too ... and any other Geezers who no-longer pack the gear

Yeah, why are the Jets one of the only organizations who bend over backwards to show loyalty. I'm all for being fair and giving people chances but I agree, thanks, but don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

well said, as usual GJ&H

I hope the Jets keep Tongue locked in a basement somewhere and let him out come playoff time.

As much as I hated the guy, he earned his way back on the team in the postseason. I'm not at all upset that he'll be back.

Archived