Biggest CHOKE job in the history of sports

I wouldn't call it a choke job. It was called the Giants just beat down Brady like nobody did all year. They hit him and hit him and knocked hit down.

You know what's funny is the Pats became the Rams. A team who scored a ton of points but were kind of soft. Knock them in the mouth a few times and they just weren't the same team. Nobody really knocked them in the mouth all year long...

And then even after the Pats took a 14-10 lead it was like Eli and the Giants had some kind of Elway/Montana magic left or something. He avoided that sack, Tyree some how came up with the catch..

I don't know it was a great game to see those Pats lose...... And honestly, nobody can ever say anything about Eli after tonights game. That one play where he avoided that sack was ALA Steve Mcnair-ish from the 1999 super bowl. Except the Giants came back and won.

People kept killing Plaxio for the 21 -17 prediction. Brady joked about at least giving the Patriots credit for being able to score 34 points. Maybe the Giants defense used that as billboard material. Brady acted like the Giants defense was a non factor. Seemed to me Brady never knew what hit him tonight.

• Upvote 2

I wouldn't call it a choke job. It was called the Giants just beat down Brady like nobody did all year. They hit him and hit him and knocked hit down.

You know what's funny is the Pats became the Rams. A team who scored a ton of points but were kind of soft. Knock them in the mouth a few times and they just weren't the same team. Nobody really knocked them in the mouth all year long...

And then even after the Pats took a 14-10 lead it was like Eli and the Giants had some kind of Elway/Montana magic left or something. He avoided that sack, Tyree some how came up with the catch..

I don't know it was a great game to see those Pats lose...... And honestly, nobody can ever say anything about Eli after tonights game. That one play where he avoided that sack was ALA Steve Mcnair-ish from the 1999 super bowl. Except the Giants came back and won.

People kept killing Plaxio for the 21 -17 prediction. Brady joked about at least giving the Patriots credit for being able to score 34 points. Maybe the Giants defense used that as billboard material. Brady acted like the Giants defense was a non factor. Seemed to me Brady never knew what hit him tonight.

Great post!!!!

Last years game vs the colts was a bigger choke, imo, even though it wasn't the SB. But this one is so much sweeter. If I had known this would happen, I would have rooted for them during the rest of the playoffs just so I could see them get stomped in the real game.

Last years game vs the colts was a bigger choke, imo, even though it wasn't the SB.

The Colts were the favored team to win last year, a lot people had them finally getting past New England. It didn't look like they would it was a good choke job by the Pats, but as you said, this was just so, so much sweeter and to me, a HUGE choke job.

Sorry, but the 2007 Mets by far take the cake in Baseball.

BTW, how about those Devils?

The 2007 Mets belong in the discussion, but nothing takes the cake of being up 3-0 against your hated rivals, and winning in game 4 with the best closer in MLB history on the hill and losing the series 4-3.

Sorry, but the 2007 Mets by far take the cake in Baseball.

BTW, how about those Devils?

regualar season collapse over being up 3-0 in playoffs????

ok, if it make u feel better,,but i would venture even most Yank fans would consider the Red Sox coming back from 0-3 a bigger collapse

Agreed! To choke is to lose a "victory." Did the Patriots look like they should have won last night's game? No way!

The o-line isn't as good as everyone says - I've been saying that all season (thank you very much ;) ) - then why not go two te-sets? Why not keep Faulk back there for blitz pick-up? - and especially when Neil went down - hello, help needed! I just don't get it. Nevertheless, the Giants d-line man-handled the Pats o-line. Nick Kazur is useless and Matt Light should decline his Pro-bowl invite. He is SO undeserving.

Agreed! To choke is to lose a "victory." Did the Patriots look like they should have won last night's game? No way!

The o-line isn't as good as everyone says - I've been saying that all season (thank you very much ;) ) - then why not go two te-sets? Why not keep Faulk back there for blitz pick-up? - and especially when Neil went down - hello, help needed! I just don't get it. Nevertheless, the Giants d-line man-handled the Pats o-line. Nick Kazur is useless and Matt Light should decline his Pro-bowl invite. He is SO undeserving.

Amen !!!!

Have to disagree The pats offensive line up until yesterday gave Brady all sorts of time in all the game that I have watched.

I dont consider the Yankees a bigger collapse for a few reasons.

the teams play each other 18 times a year and ten again in the playoffs. After 22 games at that point a comeback is not hard to believe. The playoffs are the best of the best as far as teams go.

The mets lost to multiple teams for a month basically to cough up a lead.

both teams needed to win one game, and the Mets had plenty more chances to win that one game and couldnt do it.

The Pats is the biggest choke in sports history because of te fact that EVERYONE was saying they would win. They crushed just about everyone all year. Hardly anyone gave the Giants a chance to win, they were the perfect team cruising for perfection with the Dreamboat heading the ship, only to be sunk by an iceberg called the Giant Defense. Tis is a choke job the Heimlich maneuver couldnt cure.

Have to disagree The pats offensive line up until yesterday gave Brady all sorts of time in all the game that I have watched.

You would think - but I believe most the teams they played this year just didn't defend them correctly. Honestly - they were so afraid of Moss and the verticle game. Truth be told, Moss was open last night - Brady just didnlt have time to get him the ball.....or those times that he did - his passes were hurried. Fantastic defense by the Giants. Kudos to them.

regualar season collapse over being up 3-0 in playoffs????

ok, if it make u feel better,,but i would venture even most Yank fans would consider the Red Sox coming back from 0-3 a bigger collapse

yankees choke was bigger

but they atleast have rings to fall back on

what do hte mets have?

yankees choke was bigger

but they atleast have rings to fall back on

what do hte mets have?

and what does Yankee championships have to do with who had the bigger choke job???

nothing. Why cant people just accept the fact the greatest sports franchise in history had the greatest choke job in history....

no matter what the Yankees do, they will have always been the first baseball team to lose a series being up 3-0. Against their greatest rival. Just like the Pats. .

ya, i was wondering why in a thread about greatest choke he needed to go back to a non issue like 26 rings..almost paranoid..

who is best dresser,,jeter or reyes,,reyes, but jeter has rings to fall back on

ya, i was wondering why in a thread about greatest choke he needed to go back to a non issue like 26 rings..almost paranoid..

who is best dresser,,jeter or reyes,,reyes, but jeter has rings to fall back on

It does have some relevance. Not too long ago there was a thread on here and people were claiming that the Patriots could lose, but couldn't "choke" because they hadn't choked before and therefore had proven they weren't "chokers". The Jeter Yankees obviously had proven they weren't "chokers", so there is the analogy.