ESPN Reports Belly could be suspended for 2008 season

SouthernJet

IF WALSH HAS VIDEO, BELICHICK DONE FOR A YEAR

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that, if it turns out that former Patriots employee Matt Walsh has in possession video of the Rams' final walk-through practice from Super Bowl XXXVI, New England head coach Bill Belichick will be suspended.

For a year.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that, if it turns out that former Patriots employee Matt Walsh has in possession video of the Rams' final walk-through practice from Super Bowl XXXVI, New England head coach Bill Belichick will be suspended.

For a year.

And let the self destruction of this dynasty begin.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

For a year.

Just plain WOW !!! :pats:

Not this again....

Ill put $10 that this story just goes away now that the Patsies lost the SB

actually it has more chance to survive now,,Pats losing the 19-0 politccal clout of bes team ever makes this easier for NFL to throw them under the bus

who care now!!!

I am skeptical about video

Hello they knew about walsh in sept

True, but Walsh couldn't say anything to the league because of his confidentiality agreement. He can however testify infront of Congress.

BTW, who signs their video guy to a confidentiality agreement in the first place?

actually it has more chance to survive now,,Pats losing the 19-0 politccal clout of bes team ever makes this easier for NFL to throw them under the bus

The Sen. leading this case is a die hard Eagles fan, now that the Pats lost, do you really think he's going to care anymore?

True, but Walsh couldn't say anything to the league because of his confidentiality agreement. He can however testify infront of Congress.

BTW, who signs their video guy to a confidentiality agreement in the first place?

They all probably do.

As video guys they probably witness a lot of the gameplanning and scouting that teams do. It would make sense that teams have them sign a confidentiality agreement.

They all probably do.

As video guys they probably witness a lot of the gameplanning and scouting that teams do. It would make sense that teams have them sign a confidentiality agreement.

I'm not sure why you would sign one as it would limit you from ever working for another team.

I'm not sure why you would sign one as it would limit you from ever working for another team.

The confidentiality agreement probably lasts as long as your contract with the team and with the league lasts.

My guess is that this video walsh had (if he really ever had it) was destroyed by the NFL.

I'll believe it when I see it.

It would be great to see Moss leave, Brady have a bad year, a few defensive players retire or suck next year and BB get suspended for life. But like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

Stranger things have happened, look at the Giants.

The confidentiality agreement probably lasts as long as your contract with the team and with the league lasts.

My guess is that this video walsh had (if he really ever had it) was destroyed by the NFL.

But thats where it will get interesting,,if walsh says to Senat ethat Pats had a film of Rams walkthru and NFL either says they didnt have or destroyed it will be a hoot,,NFL claimed no film they had could be viewed as 'givingt an advantage',,well a final walkthru would definit;ly give a advantage,,so then it will pissing match between senate and NFL....

No offense - but you really need to read up on this some more. The agreement is one that is not allowing him to talk to this day. And I believe it was leaked from the Walsh camp that he has a tape of the 2001 Rams last practice walkthrough. Godell also only got Jets related tapes dating back to 2006 and Walsh stopped working for the Pats in 2003.

But thats where it will get interesting,,if walsh says to Senat ethat Pats had a film of Rams walkthru and NFL either says they didnt have or destroyed it will be a hoot,,NFL claimed no film they had could be viewed as 'givingt an advantage',,well a final walkthru would definit;ly give a advantage,,so then it will pissing match between senate and NFL....

But if Walsh turned over that video with the others that the Pats turned in and the NFL destroyed it, senate will have to choose to believe either Walsh or the NFL, and since Walsh would no longer have the proof, the NFL would win.

Only a team that cheats like the Patsies.....:biggrin:

But if Walsh turned over that video with the others that the Pats turned in and the NFL destroyed it, senate will have to choose to believe either Walsh or the NFL, and since Walsh would no longer have the proof, the NFL would win.

If Walsh doen't have a DVD recorder I'm going to be pissed.

BTW, he says he has several tapes.

No offense - but you really need to read up on this some more. The agreement is one that is not allowing him to talk to this day. And I believe it was leaked from the Walsh camp that he has a tape of the 2001 Rams last practice walkthrough. Godell also only got Jets related tapes dating back to 2006 and Walsh stopped working for the Pats in 2003.

But if Walsh really had any intention of hurting the Pats, he would've given that tape over to the NFL, which is what I am afraid he did, as the Walsh camp released this way back in Sept.

We shall see though.

But if Walsh really had any intention of hurting the Pats, he would've given that tape over to the NFL, which is what I am afraid he did, as the Walsh camp released this way back in Sept.

We shall see though.

That's what you don't get. Walsh said that because of the confidentiality agreement he signed he couldn't turn over any tapes to the NFL. The tapes the NFL got were from the Pats.

The Sen. leading this case is a die hard Eagles fan, now that the Pats lost, do you really think he's going to care anymore?

The Pats and Eagles played in the Super Bowl three years ago.

Spygate isn't about this year. It's about the previous six years.

The Pats' loss doesn't affect Congress or Senator Spector a damn bit.

That's what you don't get. Walsh said that because of the confidentiality agreement he signed he couldn't turn over any tapes to the NFL. The tapes the NFL got were from the Pats.

Okay then we shall see what these tapes really contain, and btw, can you provide a link to any of this info.?

We shall see though.

Peter King for months in his SI column was questioning why the NFL destroyed those tapes and why they never released what was on them. Speculation was that the tapes might very well have tainted the Patsies Super Bowl victories.

thats right,,if walsh says he gave nfl rams walkthru, then UNDER OATH senate will ask Goodell if that was one of tapes destroyed,,let him perjure himself or tell truth,,he can then say 'in our opinion' the tape didnt give pats advantage,,BUT at that point it will be obvious nfl was protecting Kraft..

this is beginning of end for Pats

He should have been suspended after they got caught doing it week 1. Hell, they got a memo not to do it and still did, and nobody got suspended.

You're exactly right. Just the fact that Beliprick still did it after the memo shows his total arrogance.

You're exactly right. Just the fact that Beliprick still did it after the memo shows his total arrogance.

I wrote about that in a blog. It's funny how some players who weren't even charged with anything or found guilty were suspended for a season or 8 games or whatever, yet BB and the Pats get caught red handed for the second time after every team got warned last year and all they get is a lost draft pick, which the NFL knew they had another first round draft pick, and a fine. Seems to me you can't beat down the players for doing things that you think they did while you let the Pats and BB get off with a slap on the hand after they were known to be guilty.

thats right,,if walsh says he gave nfl rams walkthru, then UNDER OATH senate will ask Goodell if that was one of tapes destroyed,,let him perjure himself or tell truth,,he can then say 'in our opinion' the tape didnt give pats advantage,,BUT at that point it will be obvious nfl was protecting Kraft..

this is beginning of end for Pats

Let us hope so. They only have themselves and their arrogance to blame.:pats:

This may have legs:

SUPER BOWL XLII: Senator says Spygate hearings could be held

BY BOB GLAUBER | bob.glauber@newsday.com February 4, 2008 PHOENIX - NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to meet early this week with the Republican senator from Pennsylvania, Arlen Specter, who wants to discuss the Spygate controversy that occurred as a result of the Patriots' taping the Jets' defensive signals in their Week 1 game in September.

Depending on how the conversation goes and how much the league cooperates with his investigation, Specter said it is possible there could be Senate hearings as a result. Specter told host Bob Ley on ESPN's "Outside the Lines" that he will call Goodell today to arrange a face-to-face interview.

Archived