Will the Patriots be dismantled?

Blackout

Are you for real?

1) This new Rams spy crap WILL go away. The league said it knew about this rumor months ago, looked into it and found it baseless. Keep hoping though ;)

2) Bruschi should retire. The lb's are old. That unit would have been tweaked regardless of last nites result.

3) Moss will be re-signed. Gut feeling here.

4) Stallworth's bonus is too big - he's gone.

5) Asante - though good - 'aint that great and I don't want to see the Pats spend too much cash on this guy. I'm assuming he's gone. You Jets fans can have him.

6) If Nick Kazcur is a starter next year I'll scream. LOL!

I don't know about being dismantled, but all the signs are there for a very long year for the Pats.

From the preliminary statements this Walsh guy is making, it seems like he has got the goods. This is an election year. The NFL won't be able to sweep it under the rug. At best, the destroying of the tapes is really going smell like a cover up. The American public loves a public lynching of people involved in cover ups. Ask Nixon, and Clinton.

Senators love to get their mugs on TV. Particularly on a channel like ESPN that a lot of people watch that aren't impressed with CNN.

The NFL has some explaining to do. The Pats lost their luster when they lost to the Giants. Everyone loves to kick a fallen bully.

Don't think Goodell is going to risk going to jail to protect his buddy Bob Kraft.

Stay tuned this could turn into a lot of fun.

Can't wait to see Lil Bill siting in front of Congress in his gray hoodie

Are you for real?

1) This new Rams spy crap WILL go away. The league said it knew about this rumor months ago, looked into it and found it baseless. Keep hoping though ;)

2) Bruschi should retire. The lb's are old. That unit would have been tweaked regardless of last nites result.

3) Moss will be re-signed. Gut feeling here.

4) Stallworth's bonus is too big - he's gone.

5) Asante - though good - 'aint that great and I don't want to see the Pats spend too much cash on this guy. I'm assuming he's gone. You Jets fans can have him.

6) If Nick Kazcur is a starter next year I'll scream. LOL!

Are these "gut feelings" as well? Do you have a link where it says its "baseless"?

I don't see them dismantling the team. They'll trim the fat a little but that's about it.

Gone:

Samuel

Stallworth (he might be brought back if he'll take a much lower salary)

Wilson

Washington (also might be back for less money.)

Back:

Moss

Bruschi

Seau

Trash Seau and Bruschi all you want but we're not going to find anything better and for as old as they are, they still play at an incredibly high level. I would be happy to see them both come back next season. That's not to say that I wouldn't like to see their playing time reduced due to one or two young stud FA LBs. No I don't want to see us draft a rookie in the first round that won't learn the system until year 3.

Adalius Thomas seemed to be awfully quiet throughout the playoffs.

Until last night. He had a very good game last night finishing with 2 sacks I believe. Not to mention an incredible play on a screen where he spun off of the LT and ran the RB down for a short gain.

I don't see them dismantling the team. They'll trim the fat a little but that's about it.

Gone:

Samuel

Stallworth (he might be brought back if he'll take a much lower salary)

Wilson

Washington (also might be back for less money.)

Back:

Moss

Bruschi

Seau

Trash Seau and Bruschi all you want but we're not going to find anything better and for as old as they are, they still play at an incredibly high level. I would be happy to see them both come back next season. That's not to say that I wouldn't like to see their playing time reduced due to one or two young stud FA LBs. No I don't want to see us draft a rookie in the first round that won't learn the system until year 3.

bruschi and seau got owned by the giants

when the rest of the league looks over the pats gamefilm they'll see how to beat NE

the pats are soft now. this was 2001 rams vs pats all over again

Dude, the Giants played lights out. they outplayed and out coached the Patriots. and the Patriots still almost won the game. you're acting like they were blown out or something.

The Giants could not stop Welker all night long. the Patriots just didn't go to him enough.

I don't know how many more times they could go to him. They did throw to him 11 times as it was. But he was lights out. I think the problem was Brady got smacked in the mouth over and over and people always cut up Petyon for not being good under pressure. Brady seemed to start to panic as the game went on. He had that one nice drive to take a 14-10 lead, but even with 29 seconds left and time outs, it was as if the Pats were shellshocked. What happened to mr. calm who leads teams down the field for a FG? Yesterday it seemed like they were just chucking it up and hoping.

I said it before. It was like the first time Tyson got knocked down. The Giants took the Pats best shot and were still standing. No, they weren't only standing they knocked the Pats down again.

YOu heard the players say "the QBs usually go down, we don't know how he got away.." It was the theory that if you knock a bully in the mouth, they will be too shellshocked to know what to do. And in the end, that's what it looked like. It was as if they expected the Giants to lay down and die like everybody else did this year. They expected the Giants to screw up or make a mistake like everybody else did this year and in their super bowl victories over the years. The Problem was, these Giants just never saw that invincibility.

Kind of like when Buster Douglass just didn't give a crap who Mike Tyson was.

I really don't know what else to say about yesterdays game. THe Giants defense probably played one of the best defensive efforts I've ever seen in a super bowl game. Yeah there were better defenses over the years, but nothing compares to the team they were playing, the way they played and everything else.

Some people say the Pats /Rams was a bigger upset. I don't see it cause the Rams had a great offense, bad defense, and weren't undefeated. The Pats were 18-0... Nobody figured out how to beat them all year long. THey were winning games 40-10 for much of the season. People were calling them the champs back in June.

The Giants just played lights out and that is that.. But i think it's more hope than anything else.

The only way the Pats will be dismantled is if this hearing on spygate produces a ton of evidence and a few players, coaches, and BB wind up resigning, retiring, being suspended, or getting fired. Otherwise, why would I think the Pats are going to go 4-12 next year? That would be great and I hope it happens, but it's just not realistic to think it will cause they lost 17-14.

The Yanks blew a 3-0 lead but have been in the playoffs every year since. Yeah they aren't winning in the playoffs, but that has more to do with the way this team seems to choke in the playoffs and has no real good starting pitching then because they lost that series.....

Will losing a super bowl 17-14 kill the Pats? I hope it does, but did the Colts fold up and quit the year after they choked against the Steelers? No, they won the super bowl.

Dude, the Giants played lights out. they outplayed and out coached the Patriots. and the Patriots still almost won the game. you're acting like they were blown out or something.

The Giants could not stop Welker all night long. the Patriots just didn't go to him enough.

11 times is more than enough BP. There were other problems. Like the O line not giving Brady enough time to hit any of the deep routes to Stallworth and Moss. Oh yeah and the part where they thought it was a solid gameplan NOT to give the rock to Maroney who had over 120 yds. rushing in 3 straight games. :cussing: The Patriots defense had very little to do with this loss. If you told me beforehand that the Giants would score 17 points I would have bet all the money that I had on the Patriots winning that game.

11 times is more than enough BP. There were other problems. Like the O line not giving Brady enough time to hit any of the deep routes to Stallworth and Moss. Oh yeah and the part where they thought it was a solid gameplan NOT to give the rock to Maroney who had over 120 yds. rushing in 3 straight games. :cussing: The Patriots defense had very little to do with this loss. If you told me beforehand that the Giants would score 17 points I would have bet all the money that I had on the Patriots winning that game.

How does it feel to see your team go undefeated and then not win the super bowl?

How do you think it feels?

It probably sucks really bad. the last two losses the Pats had ended their last two seasons. hopefully it will have some kind of long lasting psychological effect on them going into next season and they'll implode.

Oh its worse for you. Much worse. All put together. Still much worse for you.

:lol:

I'd still trade my team having 3 rings and failing to go 19-0 for nothing since around 18 years before i was born.

But on a "game at a time" scale, even a season scale, that has to SUCK. Cant imagine being that close and watching it slip away. I wish I could though.

I don't know how many more times they could go to him. They did throw to him 11 times as it was. But he was lights out. I think the problem was Brady got smacked in the mouth over and over and people always cut up Petyon for not being good under pressure. Brady seemed to start to panic as the game went on. He had that one nice drive to take a 14-10 lead, but even with 29 seconds left and time outs, it was as if the Pats were shellshocked. What happened to mr. calm who leads teams down the field for a FG? Yesterday it seemed like they were just chucking it up and hoping.

I said it before. It was like the first time Tyson got knocked down. The Giants took the Pats best shot and were still standing. No, they weren't only standing they knocked the Pats down again.

YOu heard the players say "the QBs usually go down, we don't know how he got away.." It was the theory that if you knock a bully in the mouth, they will be too shellshocked to know what to do. And in the end, that's what it looked like. It was as if they expected the Giants to lay down and die like everybody else did this year. They expected the Giants to screw up or make a mistake like everybody else did this year and in their super bowl victories over the years. The Problem was, these Giants just never saw that invincibility.

Kind of like when Buster Douglass just didn't give a crap who Mike Tyson was.

I really don't know what else to say about yesterdays game. THe Giants defense probably played one of the best defensive efforts I've ever seen in a super bowl game. Yeah there were better defenses over the years, but nothing compares to the team they were playing, the way they played and everything else.

Some people say the Pats /Rams was a bigger upset. I don't see it cause the Rams had a great offense, bad defense, and weren't undefeated. The Pats were 18-0... Nobody figured out how to beat them all year long. THey were winning games 40-10 for much of the season. People were calling them the champs back in June.

The Giants just played lights out and that is that.. But i think it's more hope than anything else.

The only way the Pats will be dismantled is if this hearing on spygate produces a ton of evidence and a few players, coaches, and BB wind up resigning, retiring, being suspended, or getting fired. Otherwise, why would I think the Pats are going to go 4-12 next year? That would be great and I hope it happens, but it's just not realistic to think it will cause they lost 17-14.

The Yanks blew a 3-0 lead but have been in the playoffs every year since. Yeah they aren't winning in the playoffs, but that has more to do with the way this team seems to choke in the playoffs and has no real good starting pitching then because they lost that series.....

Will losing a super bowl 17-14 kill the Pats? I hope it does, but did the Colts fold up and quit the year after they choked against the Steelers? No, they won the super bowl.

I like the bust douglas metamphor, so i'll throw another one back at ya..Hopefully the pats gets fat and outta shape like buster and the jets knock em out in the 3rd like Evander Holyfield.

Not that this is about football at all, but i had to say i sure hope that starting pitching of the yanks changes for the better this year. I've got high hopes for hughes this year, among others, and even though his mechanics were screwed up and his velocity was down I've got faith that he'll pitch all season like he did in the playoffs when he got his form back. (Not to forget Humberto sanchez who should see significant work outta the bullpen, Dellin Betances, Horne, Garcia, Brackman etc. can you say best pitching farm system??)

I like the bust douglas metamphor, so i'll throw another one back at ya..Hopefully the pats gets fat and outta shape like buster and the jets knock em out in the 3rd like Evander Holyfield.

Not that this is about football at all, but i had to say i sure hope that starting pitching of the yanks changes for the better this year. I've got high hopes for hughes this year, among others, and even though his mechanics were screwed up and his velocity was down I've got faith that he'll pitch all season like he did in the playoffs when he got his form back. (Not to forget Humberto sanchez who should see significant work outta the bullpen, Dellin Betances, Horne, Garcia, Brackman etc. can you say best pitching farm system??)

lol. That would be great except your metaphor really applies to the Giants.. They won the Super Bowl...maybe Eli lets it get to his head... Who knows..

I do hope it screws with the psyche of this Patriots team. Because like the Cowboys of yesteryear, the Patriots never lost. When they lost to the Broncos, it was because of this, that, and a bad call.. It was never because they lost. Against the Colts last year, it was because of this, that and everything else, it was never because they actually lost.

There is nothing the Pats can say about yesterday. The Giants manhandled them. Brady didn't have an MVP game, but he didn't really have an MVP game in 3 out of his 4 super bowls now. Heck over the past few years he hasn't really had a great postseason either. That Jags game was his best, but other than that, he's thrown a lot of picks.

After eveything is said and done, the Pats got outplayed, out hustled, and out coached. That might be a reason for BB to retire and Brady to start thinking about what the heck happened. Remember the 49ers were going on to probably win another super bowl years back. Rathman fumbles the ball, a guy who never fumbles, and the Giants get lucky and win that game and get lucky and win the SB.. But the 49ers were never the same again. Yeah they won like 4-5 years later, but it was a different team with a different QB. Maybe the Pats wind up like them without the new QB and win... A team who might make the playoffs but seems to find ways to lose in the playoffs.

That invincibility factor is long gone. And even though they haven't won in a few years, the Pats still believed they could just show up, make a play, outcoach the other team, and win. Yesterday, it failed them.

Heck, remember the Yanks going for their 4th World Series in a row. 1 out away from another WS title......Their ace on the mound in Rivera.... And a little dinky stupid hit that just got out of the infield changed everything. They haven't won a WS since. They've been back to the playoffs, but they sure ain't that same "we can't lose" team mentality anymore. Who knows if the Pats will feel this way or not, but that invincibilty where you always think you will get the call, get the great play, is long gone for the Pats now. They can't use excuses on turnovers or whatever else... They got outplayed.

Archived