what would you give up for kendall right now?

johnny green balls

you can't have top guys at every position, man i wish we still had kendall. one less hole. literally.

Wouldn't we need a top guy at ANY position before we could say we can't have a top guy at every position?

Also,did we get the 5th for him this year, or was it a 4th next year?

still does not matter...the Jets need to stop the band aids spend some money and bring in maulers on both lines.

Completely agree with you. Mangini was such a believer in the Brick/Mangold hype that he thought even if patched up the rest of the O-line with scrubs it would still be ok.

i think a 5th in this upcoming draft. skins got a steal for their bargain.

It's a 4th next year(2009) and Kendall was nothing special this season. Washington had so many injuries on the OL that Pete was a steal in that light but it's not like his play was anything special.

We need to build up both our lines with solid young guys.

you can't have top guys at every position, man i wish we still had kendall. one less hole. literally.

The guy will be 35 before the start of next season.Even if we didn't trade him we would still be looking for a new LG this offseason.

And what good would another undersized offensive linemen be?We didn't run many plays with our LG pulling,sure he would of been better than Clarke but I doubt he'd lead to anymore wins.

The guy will be 35 before the start of next season.Even if we didn't trade him we would still be looking for a new LG this offseason.

And what good would another undersized offensive linemen be?We didn't run many plays with our LG pulling,sure he would of been better than Clarke but I doubt he'd lead to anymore wins.

Kendall would definetly help the team, LG was such an issue this season and Kendall played at a pro-bowl level for the Skins. If he would produce could sustain any of that from into this season then yes it would help us greatly, the problem, like many people said, is that he wouldn't be a long term solution. It was incredibly stupid of our staff to ever him go though.

Kendall would definetly help the team, LG was such an issue this season and Kendall played at a pro-bowl level for the Skins. If he would produce could sustain any of that from into this season then yes it would help us greatly, the problem, like many people said, is that he wouldn't be a long term solution. It was incredibly stupid of our staff to ever him go though.

Kendall was mediocre for the skins at best. The weakest link on the line. He is a stopgap.

Kendall was mediocre for the skins at best. The weakest link on the line. He is a stopgap.

Avg at best is far better than players who shouldn't even be on the practice squad.

And I'd rather have a stop gap for a couple of years over um.... Nothing.. Right now the Jets have nothing. Lets hope they make some moves this offseason, but a stop gap for a year or two is a whole lot better than Nothing.

Especially since they didn't have a VIABLE replacement. Axxwipes !

You obviously didn't watch him. He had a great year.

He looked fine against the Jets as most did. He was a far cry from "great" though...unless you're comparing him to Adriane Clarke or Will Montgomery or that Bender guy who never saw the field. He was great compared to them. If you're basing it on the Jets game, Fabini also played at a pro-bowl level last year.

I watched him plenty, I promise. In fact, he was blown out at the goal line on the play that turned around the Ginats' season. Blown out.

He is a below average LG.

Basing it on one play??? A play the Giants knew that was coming too???:roll:

Kendall had a great year, I watched most Redskins games and in many he was absolutely flawless.

Zilch

It wasn't that Kendall was that good

its that Clarke was that bad

I'll take Anderson

I disagreed with flgreen in the other thread, but here I agree. The problem with dumping Kendall wasn't that Kendall is irreplaceable. The problem is that he wasn't replaced. There is no reason to try to go back and get an old LG. That's why I'm against Faneca though at least either would be upgrades over Clarke/Montgomery.

Kendall had a great year, I watched most Redskins games and in many he was absolutely flawless.

I agree with you about basing player opinions on one play, but if he were absolutely flawless he wouldn't have gotten blown out on a huge game changing play.

IMO, the biggest problem with the Jets O is that they can't do anything when the other team knows what's coming. When you need one yard you should be able to tell the other team the play and still get it. ****ty/finesse guards are why we can't do that.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree because I think your nuts (and I guess you feel the same about me). But, FYI, I base my opinion on his overall play, not just that one play. He is ok when he latches onto his man but he is easily deked and isnt very athletic for his position (getting out on a sweep was out of the question). He's a decent straight ahead drive blocker (I am being kind - its more of a hold-in-place blocker rather than 'drive' blocker) but was consistenly beat on stretch plays.

I disagreed with flgreen in the other thread, but here I agree. The problem with dumping Kendall wasn't that Kendall is irreplaceable. The problem is that he wasn't replaced. There is no reason to try to go back and get an old LG. That's why I'm against Faneca though at least either would be upgrades over Clarke/Montgomery.

I agree with you about basing player opinios on one play, but if he were absolutely flawless he wouldn't have gotten blown out on a huge game changing play.

IMO, the biggest problem with the Jets O is that they can't do anything when the other team knows what's coming. When you need one yard you should be able to tell the other team the play and still get it. ****ty/finesse guards are why we can't do that.

Holy crap!!!!!!! We agree on all points. :)

The Kendall situation was handled VERY badly by everyone involved. If you remember Moore, who is also an average guard, wanted more money, and got it. He just moaned publicly once, then shut his mouth, and collected his money.

Kendall is history.

Hopefully the Jets young FO has learned something out of it.

I agree that an OL should be able to get a yard when you need it 9 out of 10 times. That is why I am so interested in Andrews.

The guy is huge. Has played guard well, and recently played RT well. His versatility will give the Jets some flexibility in the second round of this coming draft, which is where I pray they are going to get their other desperately needed OL. If they don't, I will not be a happy camper. There should be some excellent value in OL in the top of the second round..

The problem with Anderson is, he will be paid as a tackle. The draft is loaded with OT. College RT are often moved to guard in the NFL. They need to hit a good one here.

Archived