"The Lesser of Two Evils" Edition of Post of the Week - February 7th, 2008

GreenBeans

Congratulations to the NY football Giants on their upset victory over the New England P*tri*ts. I'd like to personally thank David Tyree for "the catch" and Plexiglass B for predicting a beat down by the Giants D. Thank goodness it's over, bring on the pitchers and the catchers (and no, Max, I'm not talking about mod lounge activities, so settle down over there...).

On to the nominations:

----

Originally Posted by Bugg

With the Mets depending on geriatrics like the Hernandez brothers and Martinez for 3/5s of their rotation, the postseason won't be much of a concern, no matter how good Santana is. Santana and Maine, and pray for a hurricane? Their bullpen is going to be run ragged after picking up the phone every 5th inning 3 days out of 5.

Originally Posted by Scott Dierking

Define 3/5ths? The Hernandez brothers?

Did Keith just sign?

Oh, and what of the Yankees? Pettite and Mussina are spring chickens? And we expect them to throw the kids 200 innings? That would be responsible.

Hughes and Joba and pray for 'roids?

(Editor's Note: The Mets, forever the little brother of the real NY baseball team...)

-----

Topic: Chris Berman loses it *NSFW*[Language]

Originally Posted by Alk

Oh yeah and for all the little kiddies and overly sensitive adults. EARMUFFS!!

tnC8BtNBNLo

(Editor's Note: Back back back back back....and get the f outta the way...)

-----

Topic: Dog the Bounty Hunter Free and Clear from Mexico

Originally Posted by Bob

I clicked the link. Two questions:

1 - Why would I believe an article written by a woman who works for "Dog?"

2 - What the hell is Faba doing in a picture with these guys?

file.aspx?Guid=c01b1662-3731-4000-bb18-7c01f7218749

(Editor's Note: It's always the quiet ones...)

-----

Topic: 10 Things not to say to a woman

Originally Posted by joebabyny

can i add one that i said once and realized it wasn't the best idea to mention

"umm, from that smell, i think there might be a bacterial infection or something going on there...yeah...you might wanna have that checked out."

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

maybe you were drunk and didnt realize you had her flipped over

(Editor's Note: Or perhaps this occurred during his trip to the Scottish Highlands...bah.)

-----

Topic: Looks like Mets may also get Lohse

Originally Posted by Max

I can't believe the Mets are trying to buy a Championship. They are following the Patriots model. I am glad the team I root for believes in building from within.

(Editor's Note: Omar apparently was not in NY during the 80's...)

-----

Originally Posted by joebabyny

can i add one that i said once and realized it wasn't the best idea to mention

"umm, from that smell, i think there might be a bacterial infection or something going on there...yeah...you might wanna have that checked out."

Originally Posted by greengal

when you say things like this in public.. i am allowed to express my feelings about them.

what an awful thing to even say. sometimes i think you say things for shock value.

honestly i dont think it makes people think you are "cool" to say such vile things.

i just cant imagine you would say that to a woman. and dont tell me that you have any respect for her. really. just gross.

and oh yes, i dont give a flying crap if you think this is a personal attack.. go on..report me. i dont give a hoot.

(Editor's Note: I don't like to see my gg upset. :()

-----

Topic: Most unusual place you had sex?

Originally Posted by Smizzy

Thor99's living room. I wish he'd been there to see it.

Originally Posted by #27TheDominator

You could have just asked him to turn around.

(Editor's Note: He couldn't - Sperm was playing "dentist" with him at the time - open wide...)

-----

Originally Posted by gameface67

in a post office parking lot in Alabama

Originally Posted by Max

Did you at least let him finish delivering the mail first?

(Editor's Note: I believe the mailman was the one delivering and I'm sure he finished. I bet the stain is still there in the PT Cruiser to see...)

-----

Topic: whats buggin you the most right now?

Originally Posted by Alk

Yeah, especially since it would appear that you have had JGB "taken care of".

why imply something thats not true??

cause you cant compete with him???

he is on a trial and in court alot this week but yout ry toi imply he is banned or suspended,,dont always be a dick...

really bush league antics

Originally Posted by afosomf

JGB is da bomb!!!

Alk you root for a bunch of classless cheatahs.

(The post nomination: "tell GB nice fried chicken and bbq from bullocks is on me!!! if this post wins Smizzy may go ballistic and add 200 pages to the thread")

(Editor's Note: I'm not that easy - I'm close to that easy, though. Sweet tea, too?)

-----

Originally Posted by johnny green balls

one last thing. i do find it humorous that the two turds who accuse others of having 'thin skin' are harping over an internet scuffle that happened like 3 weeks ago. especially when i haven't been around for a few weeks. projecting much?

(Editor's Note: "There's just not enough love in the world")

-----

bush league implying he was banned/suspended to or etc..

bush league

Originally Posted by Alk

I'm going to keep track of the positive and negative rep I get for that post. So far it's 1-1.

(Editor's Note: How did the final numbers work out, Alk - something like 18-1, perhaps?)

-----

(Editor's Note: Very insightful...)

-----

11. I do

(Editor's Note: Ouch. You been talking to GOB a lot lately?)

-----

Originally Posted by 124

Because American girls are always so smart. I mean, christ, one had sex with you twice. You do have two children.

Because Aruba was nice when you went on vacation this girl must be at fault?....If I had a daughter and this happened to her....You would need a ****ing army to keep my off that island with a machine gun. I'd sink the mother****er into the ocean if I could.

Real Talk

(Editor's Note: I'm with Smizzy on this one. If my daughter was the one this happened to Aruba I'd be that island's worst nightmare.)

-----

I will beleive you if his posts here match his posts at the other site he is a Mod at

http://www.sheep101.info/

Originally Posted by Max

That joke was bbbaaaaaddddddd.

(Editor's Note: Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad - to the bone, or just bad?)

-----

Originally Posted by Garb

Am I the only one that just loves it when Bumbelina gets all fiesty?

I love it!!

Originally Posted by jetophile

Candy Corns. Like kyptonite to some; but if you feed any to greengal, she'll shred you to pieces like a crazy house cat. Don't do it, man.

(Editor's Note: I bet that Mr. Bumbelina is a big fan of both "fiesty" and Candy Corns. True or false, gg? :))

-----

Originally Posted by Kidhuman

What is Sperm doing?

Originally Posted by Bob

Dripping down Thor's chin. Duh.

(Editor's Note: Owned by Bob - the man is a legend. Bring back Bob, he's rested and ready!)

-----

Topic: Hello, My name is SouthernJet and I am a Jetoholic

There . I said it.

Through all the lousy seasons, lousy coaches I still am addicted.

Through prosperous seasons by our in-town rival, Giants, I still drink from the cup.

Through a hot streak from a perennial doormat, Patriots, I still have a thirst for the Jets.

Through bad calls, roughing calls on 4th down, FGs just missed, injuries, horrific drafts , I still find myself associating with other addicts in Jet Bars and Jet message boards.

But in the end, I will be back on Draft day, eager for the next poor soul to align himself with Green Karma.

I will be back in August thinking, through a deluded toxic mind, that the Jets are a contender.

My name is SouthernJet, and I am a Jetaholic.

Anyone else want to step up and proclaim themselves?

(Editor's Note: Ain't we all, SJ, ain't we all. Great post.)

-----

Topic: Anyone else find the timing of the return of spygate funny?

Originally Posted by Jet Moses

I'm just so thoroughly disgusted at this point. Football was supposed to be a distraction away from all the mindless political crap in this world--- a few hours on Sunday to enjoy a game----

There's just no integrity left to anything. The whole world has gone completely nuts.

(Editor's Note: Welcome to the End of the Empire, or as W. Axle Rose might say "nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain"...)

-----

Topic: Why does Congress give a rat's a** about Spygate?

Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe12

My above post was an off the cuff remark, which was way off base and i hadn't had time to do any type of research on it but since than here is basically what i found out (i'm pretty willing to admit when i'm wrong and i was definately wrong on this one haha);

I was unaware that Specter had spoke out against the NFL in the past few months, most notably about the television packages the NFL runs. If Goodell did indeed destroy credible evidence of past cheating than he and the Pats could have mucked it up for the rest of the NFL real good and Specter is right on the money.

He said he was going to introduce legislation in the next session in hopes of eliminating the league's freedom from antitrust laws and if it turns out that Goodell did indeed destroy important documents that taints The patriots, than the Senate could have more ammo to strip the NFL of their antitrust exemption. If you think that the senate should have somethign better to do Ie. healthcare, school systems etc. than your looking at the wrong branch of the senate. This is the Sentiate Judiciary Committe and one of their jobs is to uphold the antitrust laws and we are lucky that the NFL still has one. If they get rid of it you can wave goodbye to players staying in college for 3 years, you'll see more upstart leagues, the NFL will lose out on money with the cable companies and than that will only cause more bickering amongst the players of how they distribute the earnings for the year etc.

There is plenty of presedence already set as well; a few years ago the Senate said that the NFL was acting as a monopoly, which obviously we would be due to the antitrust exmeption, during the USFL law suite and the maurice clarett law suite. In 2007 the senate passed Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2007 stating that they had provided unreliable services while charging unfair prices etc. There aren't too many competing leagues against the NFL, but there certainly have been those who have tried.

Bottom line is, that the NFL has unrestrained monopoly power and if they wish to keep it they will need to avoid things like spygate and the like. I don't pretend to be an expert on these types of cases, but from the little research i've done on it Specter actually has an obligation to look into this situation, the fact he's an eagles fan is just a poor coincidence.

(Editor's Note: Great and very interesting post, Joe - very nice read)

-----

Originally Posted by kobe24jets

there gonna be alotta dime peices at tha clubs tonite imma bring like 5 or 6 homes and do what it do

ya feel me

yall better rep jn tha same and do what i do

Originally Posted by SoFlaJets

can somebody translate that for this honky?

Originally Posted by JerryK

Translation: RFD cancelled the Big Joe Polka Show tonight, so several friends and I will have milk and cookies and watch Lawrence Welk.

(Editor's Note: Welk, milk, and cookies - who knew kobe was so wholesome...)

-----

Topic: Report: Pats Filmed Rams Practice Before Super Bowl

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

But secretly taping the last team walkthru, before the superbowl no less? Are you kidding me???

That goes more than a bit beyond stealing signs that get changed regularly anyway. THAT is major, major cheating. And if NE didn't (or doesn't) think so, then why not invite the goddamn media to tape all their own practices & run-thru's & distribute said recordings to all of their future opponents.

This, to me, is worse - much, much worse - and has some actual teeth. Because unlike stealing signs (which occurs in all sports & is generally considered part of the game to an extent), this is different in one major aspect: the other team was not aware that they were being watched (let alone taped).

To me, that is not merely a subtle difference, to say the least. It's all the difference in the world. And would call ALL of their previous rings into question.

(Editor's Note: ***triots or P*tr**ts? I like the first one better. Good points here, Spermy.)

-----

Topic: Questions I have about spygate II

Originally Posted by GodWearsAGrayHoodie

1) According to various media accounts and Matt Walsh’s current employers bio on him, Mr. Walsh left the Patriots in 2003

However, according to his own wedding announcement he left in January 2002.

http://www.projo.com/weddings/conten...5x.33494a.html

The Patriots went to the SB that year, which means he left before the season was over. A year later he gets a job working with NFL Europe. Maybe there was a typo or maybe he lied to his employer so it didn’t look like he was unemployed for a year.

2) Speaking of creditability does it bother anyone that he claims to have spent parts of two seasons on the golf team, the college's sports information office has no record of him in its files?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3226465

3) Walsh hints to have copies of said tapes with evidence of Patriots cheating. I doubt Patriot policy would allow him to make copies of tapes for his personal use, so if he did they are stolen. Does he actually claim to have hard evidence or is the media just jumping to conclusions?

4) If we are talking about the Patriots spying on the Rams why aren’t we also talking about the Rams spying on the Patriots?

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...51C0A9649C8B63

"Halfway through practice, Patriots' linebackers coach Pepper Johnson noticed something in a third-floor window of a house next to the field.

Club and league officials said a telescope was clearly visible in the window, according to a pool report, and that 15 minutes later, a person appeared at the window, and then vanished.

Officials scanned the window with binoculars, but the person never returned."

5) According to this story. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3226465

"Obviously, Mangini knew what was going on and it had been going on for a while," Walsh said. "They tried to catch them doing it last year and weren't able to. So they were just waiting for them to throw the camera up this year on the sideline. But afterwards, I get the impression the league said to them, 'Hey, kind of back down from this; let us take care of it,' because Mangini probably could have come out and said more, made more of a deal out of it if he wanted to."

Mr. Walsh has inside information that the Jets tried and failed to catch the Pats spying in 2006. Whether he left in 2002 or 2003... how does he have inside information about 2006?

6) According to http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=3227245

The unnamed source we all assume is Walsh claims that a Patriots employee stayed behind and video taped the event

"According to the report, an unnamed source close to the team during the 2001 season said that following the Patriots' walk-through at the Louisiana Superdome, a member of the team's video staff stayed behind and taped the Rams' walk-through -- a non-contact, no-pads practice at reduced speed in which a team goes through its plays.

The cameraman was not asked to identify himself or produce a press pass and later rode the media shuttle back to the Patriots' hotel, the source told the Herald. It is not known what became of the tape, or whether the cameraman made the tape on his own initiative or at someone else's instruction, according to the report."

Yet according to http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...s_practice_ap/

Practices are a closed event so he could not hide among the media....

Or maybe someone thought he was a family member of one of the Rams, and he took a tape the equivalent to the Rams family home video....

Yeah thats the edge the Pats need...film of the Ram players hugging their kids.

7) Specter is Comcast’s lead senator in the fight with the NFL over if it should be part of basic cable or a sport package. According to opensecrets.org his second largest donor is Comcast. How is what the senator doing any different than the shake down of Moss?

8) According to http://www.philly.com/inquirer/front..._sparring.html

The senator or his chief of staff attempted to use the office to get tickets for the SB. Is that a violation of senate ethic rules?

9) When did the rules about side line video taping go in to effect? Best as I can tell it wasn’t until 2006, but I might be wrong. If it wasn’t in effect when Walsh worked with the Patriots, why would it matter if they taped then?

As this story was timed to break when it would be very difficult to verify or discredit the story before the biggest football game of the year...might make sense to wait until all the facts come out, before you believe one fired employee with an axe to grind.

Originally Posted by Barton

Who are you trying to convince, yourself?

Originally Posted by SeniorFlaJet

you know what the tragedy of this whole thing is? The Pats won 3 SBs, will

probably win today also. But as a Pat fan for the rest of his life whenever he tells

someone he is a Pats fan, they will always say, yours isthe team that cheated.

(Editor's Note: “A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is.” “Don't consider your reputation and you may do anything you like". You reap what you sow...)

-----

**** New England

Originally Posted by Irish Jet

I'm not sure if you're saying f#ck New England or if your trying to show the number of asterisks they'll have after today.

(Editor's Note: The answer "both", which Smizzy gave, is the correct one. F the P*ts!)

-----

Topic: In 20 Yrs the only thing people will remember about the 2007 NE Patriots...

Originally Posted by pjam76

Nobody cares Manning had 49 TDs. Nobody cares Marino had 48 Tds. Nobody is going to care Brady had 50 TDs. Nobody cares that Minnesota went 15-1 with one of the best offenses in history. Nobody cared the 2001 Rams were the 'greatest show on turf.'

Heck, nobody cares that the Seattle Mariners won like 116 games in a season. When you lose the last game, nobody will care who you were. You're just another loser.

(Editor's Note: I love it - EXCELLENT post for the 18-1 NE P*ts.)

-----

Originally Posted by DireJet38

Where does the New England parade exactly go?

Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island . . and the finish off in Massachusetts.

Oh, never mind, you guys could just video tape it and send copies to the fringe states.

(Editor's Note: "Let's go to the video tape!" YZ1YK2YMlSg)

-----

Topic: Is New Englands Samuals slapping his chest now?

- Hobbs played better than Samuel last nite. ?

Originally Posted by afosomf

until the end chickP

(Editor's Note: plaxico-burress_in.jpg)

-----

Topic: 18 and No

this loss ensures the most memorable thing about the *'s season will be the cheatin' and not the winnin'

:cheers:

(Editor's Note: Winners never cheat and cheaters never win...)

-----

Topic: If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere(Yahoo Article)

head_in_sand.jpg

Originally Posted by Kidhuman

I see you found ALK

(Editor's Note: Hi Alk, what do you see down there?)

-----

Topic: A Cheaters Lose thread for Lounge

BelichickCheater.jpg

(Editor's Note: Should have taken that advice...)

-----

Topic: randy moss' turd colors shine through

Originally Posted by Arsis

I expected randy moss to make at least an equal effort to the effort that was shown by the giants receivers. Did you see plax go all out to dive for eli's overthrown ball on that scramble? Did you see that helmet catch? Moss could have at least done something to try to get the ball before the defenders swatted it away.

(Editor's Note: If he had a chance he would have made the play - he had no chance, homie.)

-----

Originally Posted by #27TheDominator

Okay, we get it. Father and son love each other and hate Randy Moss. Does it have to blow up every thread here? Maybe you should get back to the issue at hand: Moss allegedly taking off the last two plays. If on the first a "pop warner player would have known to jump" and Randy mailed it in, why did the greatest coach of our generation and the biggest clutch time QB since Montana elect to run another heave it up to Randy on the next play?

As an aside, why didn't they throw it to Wes Welker and let the heart of a lion bring them home the championship and complete the pursuit of perfection?

(The Nomination: "potw. Nailed it. Welkers heart alone should have carried the thugs like Moss to a Lombardi." - Matt39)

(Editor's Note: Good thought, but Tommy appears to have fallen hard for Randy. It's a love story...)

-----

maybe if you posted more creative then he would nominate you more ;)

(Editor's Note: "more creative" you say? hmm...)

-----

Topic: Photoshop Your Favorite Pats "Dejected Look" Pic

Originally Posted by Mavrik

bradycopyjo7.jpg

(Editor's Note: ...and for the rest there is - well - nothing but 18-1!)

-----

Topic: Photoshop Your Favorite Pats "Dejected Look" Pic

http://bp0.blogger.com/_16noOQI-C9g/R5Zli6NBZ-I/AAAAAAAABAw/CdpCLF7ASjc/s400/wedgie.jpg

(Editor's Note: Tom and - ahem - "Rod", huh? Interesting...but not surprising.)

-----

Topic: Lucky Balls

Originally Posted by Lil Bit Special

Archie Mannings testicles.

(Editor's Note: Spot on - those are some lucky acorns right there.)

-----

Topic: For Pat fans re: post game media coverage

Originally Posted by Jet Moses

They're history, all right

Achievements vanish in a New York minute

Email|Print| Text size – + By Dan Shaughnessy

Globe Columnist / February 5, 2008

PHOENIX - They were always about history, these 2007-08 Patriots. Most points in history. Most touchdowns in history. First 18-0 team in history. But when it was all over, Bill Belichick's History Boys were a failure. They did not accomplish their goal. They lost the Super Bowl. They blew a lead in the final minute.

In the end, the new Patriots reminded us of the old Red Sox. Ouch.

Now there will be no more talk about "greatest ever." No making fun of Mercury Morris and the still-one-and-only undefeated 1972 Miami Dolphins. No more comparisons to the dynasties of Green Bay, Chicago, Pittsburgh, or San Francisco. The muscle-flexing 18-1 Patriots don't even go down as the best New England team of all time.

"Tonight doesn't take away from anything we have done over the course of the season," Tom Brady said late Sunday.

Yes, it does. Take all your pinball victories (remember those long-ago days of 52-7 and 56-10?) and lock them away. The Patriots shredded the NFL record book (and the league rulebook, if you believe Senator Arlen Specter), but they did not accomplish their goal. They did not win the Super Bowl. By their own standards of excellence, this season is a failure - same as 2005, when they were eliminated by the Broncos, and 2006, when the Colts bounced them in the AFC Championship.

It's pretty clear that the Patriots peaked too early - very unBelichickian. The rout of the Bills Nov. 18 was the pinnacle. In that game, Randy Moss caught four touchdown passes in the first half. It was 35-7 at intermission and the Patriots kept piling on the points all the way to 56-10. A week later, the Eagles came to Foxborough and went facemask-to-facemask with the Patriots for four quarters. The Patriots were never truly dominant after the Philadelphia game. In the eight games before the Super Bowl, their best showing was a 34-13 rout of the Steelers.

So they were ripe for an upset, and the Giants were just the team to do it. Despite losing six games during the regular season, including a 41-17 beating at home against the non-playoff Vikings Nov. 25, the Giants were well-positioned to match New England in the Super Bowl.

There was a playoff atmosphere in the "meaningless" regular-season finale between the Pats and G-Men in late December and that game served the Giants well Sunday night in Glendale. The Giants were not afraid of the Patriots. They knew the only way to stop New England was to get to Brady. And they had guys who could do it.

New York also had a coach who was not intimidated by the legend of Belichick. Week after week, arrogant Patriots fans came to assume that the guy on the other sideline was a stooge. Not so with Tom Coughlin. He's 61 years old. He's not afraid to fail. And he outcoached Belichick in the Super Bowl. "The Giants just had a better game plan," said Moss

It's hard not to come back to New England's decision to go for a first down on a fourth-and-13 from the Giants 31 midway through the third quarter. Clearly not trusting kicker Stephen Gostkowski, the Patriots went for broke and Brady's heave to Jabar Gaffney was incomplete.

more stories like this

"It was a 50-yard field goal," reasoned Belichick.

Probably more like 48. But the kicking conditions were ideal. We're pretty sure Belichick would have gone for the 3 points if he'd had a vintage Adam Vinatieri on the sideline.

Another call that backfired was the decision to blitz on Eli Manning's game-winning touchdown pass to Plaxico Burress. It was a first-and-10 play from the 13 and the Giants had to have a touchdown, not a field goal. The play was over once Manning read the blitz (I think brother Peyton prepared him for this). Eyes as big as satellite dishes, Eli had Plaxico Burress isolated on the overmatched, chest-thumping Ellis Hobbs ("sorriest corner in the league," according to Philip Rivers), and the TD was embarrassingly easy.

A few words about Belichick's comportment at the finish: When the Patriots gave up the ball on downs and were officially set to lose, Belichick walked across the field and shook Coughlin's hand even though there was still one second remaining on the clock. Then Belichick left the field before Manning and the Giants took over for the final kneel-down.

There was still one play to go and Belichick was already gone. He looked like a spoilsport - like the Detroit Pistons walking off the floor at the Palace of Auburn Hills when they finally yielded the Eastern Conference title to the Chicago Bulls. Bill Parcells was flogged for not flying home with his team when the Patriots lost the Super Bowl to the Packers in New Orleans. What about this?

In fairness, it's possible Belichick thought the officials were going to waive the final play. There was only one second on the clock and the field was already littered with celebrating Giants. But we don't know what Belichick was thinking because he shifted into combat mode in a remarkably brief postgame interview. I expected him to conclude his terse interview with, "You won't have Nixon to kick around anymore."

It was a bad ending all around. It had a distinct 2003 ALCS feel. Grady Little. Aaron Boone. You name it. And it's not going to be much fun to be around your New York friends for a while. This time the New Yorkers have the embraceable winners - like Joe Namath's Jets, Willis Reed's Knicks, and the 1969 Mets.

Back in New England, we are stuck with perfectus interruptus, more rumors of cheating, an embattled coach who looks like a sore loser, and the first 18-1 losing season in the history of sports.

Humble pie was delicious as an abstract motivational tool. But when you have to actually take a bite, it tastes terrible.

Dan Shaughnessy is a Globe

(Editor's Note: So that explains the the look on Tommy's face - or maybe it was the the man juice.)

-----

Topic: I think Belichick is a Turd

He is a Turd of the stinkiest order..

a megaturd,,a a turds turd

Originally Posted by Bob

That's a terrible thing to say about turds.

(Editor's Note: Bob, are you saying that all upstanding turds should be angered by being compared to 'lil Bill? I smell a lawsuit, think you can take jgb in front of a jury?)

-----

Topic: randy moss' turd colors site through

and it's your blind hero worship of your fellow thug that blinds you.

Blinds me to what? To see that youre an idiot? Any blind person could see that.

Originally Posted by Matt39

Unlike you, Moss' off field behavior has no bearing and how I see him as a player.

shootmenow.png

(Editor's Note: Don't say that in Texas...or Johnston County)

-----

Originally Posted by K2C

Listen..I'm with you. Big Randy Moss fan since his days at Marshall.

Saw what he did with the Vikes..and he instantly became an all-time favorite of mine because I compared him to another great Jerry Rice.

Today..in 2008..comparing Randy Moss to Jerry Rice is a slap in Jerry's face. It's not the off the field things that bother me..it's his time in Oakland where he didn't try, and just went through the motions. He compiled stat after stat and when the team wasn't performing..he figured "**** it,they pay me anyway so why even bother?".

Maybe if he tried..the team would have performed better. No one held a gun to his head and told him to play in Oak. He chose there..and knew what he was getting in to.

The bottom line is...Randy Moss is a great talent, and a great player WHEN HE WANTS TO BE. He should not have the right, just like any other player to take plays off, or play when he wants to. Randy Moss is only out for Randy Moss..he could care less what his fans, the media, his coaches or team mates think about him. On 3rd and 20 in the SB, a crucial play in a game almost over..at least jump for the damn ball. Try and get a PI call that deep in the territory..because then you are putting your team in a spot to win or tie.

Randy Moss used the Patriots in 2007-08 like a cheap whore..because Randy got his exposure on a good team, got his exposure playing with an all-pro QB, got his exposure in the playoffs and git his exposure breaking records..not to mention his T-Rex TD dance.

I can't root for this guy anymore..because he isn't as great as I once thought he was.

(The Nomination: "POTW Nom!! Make sure to vote K2C nominating his own post for best JN moment!" - K2C)

(Editor's Note: Shameless plug and a good post, too.)

-----

Originally Posted by Alk

Last 24 Hours

johnny green balls (121)

SouthernJet (115)

:rofl:

forgive a cynical jets fan for posting too much on a jets board.

alk all time 11,965. on a jets board. too bad there isn't an emoticon for 'pathetic.'

(Editor's Note: You guys need to just meet and get it over with already - you can cut the sexual tension with a knife.)

-----

Originally Posted by BP

What the **** have Ward and the Beaver been drinking today? it's a classic turd double team.

FTR..Johnny, that comment about Alk's wife was ****ed up. what's the matter with you?

Originally Posted by Thor99

The best part was when Ward told Alk he should be above it all.

Alot has been confirmed today.

You can fit 2 piece of sh*t in the same pea pod?

request mods move this post to the turd thread

Originally Posted by Matt39

Straight cash homie

(Editor's Note: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=2034089362)

-----

Runner-Up of the Week Sponsored by MySQL - they have a heck of a database when it is not crashing...

Topic: Congrats to the Rams, Panthers and Eagles

What has come to light exactly? Rumor?

Honestly, I find it sad that you champion hate. And you wonder why the Jest never win anything of significance?

BTW - I am at stage three of the grieving process: anger. You are obvioulsy stuck in stage one of euphoria. Wonder what kidn of euphoria you will feel when the Jest actually win another one.

Originally Posted by jetophile

You can cheat some of the people of the people some of the time, but you can't cheat all of the people all of the time! Euphoria and that Jets winning another one? Haha, I'll be dead by then, but I'll be sure to send you a postcard from the other side when it happens. And living to be 300 years old runs in my family, mind you.

Things are not going to be getting any prettier for your scandalized organization any time soon, Snarla. I'm thinking this is bigger and more pervasive than we'll ever know, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't love eating popcorn while watching the lid blow off. Entertain me! Goodell folded like cheap lawn furniture and should have suspended him along with fines, and this isn't going away (destroying evidence). In all honesty, what bugged me the most all year was how 'Belichick responded to this' and 'He has a chip on his shoulder, and he's got something to prove' and 'This has really galvanized the team' - as if HE was the one wronged. And, how announcers would purposefully AVOID the word cheating while they were doing that. Why? They didn't want to be left off his Christmas list? He was officially found guilty of cheating by the league. He got pissed off he got fingered and rallied his troops to new levels of arrogance in a transparent attempt to deflect his own connivance. He ain't the hero you think he is. And, if he hadn't stolen money from a dying old man, stayed with the Jets and behaved the same way, I'd be saying the same exact thing.

There are actually some Jets fans who don't despise the Patriots because they 'win'. There are actually some Jets fans who don't despise the Patriots because of sour grapes. I guess my main point is that a great deal of NE fans just won't call a spade a spade and say out loud what it is. A great deal of NE fans do everything possible to excuse it or explain it away. Worse yet, a great deal of them seriously feel they're being wronged and unjustly maligned. And to be fair, there are a handful of New England fans who openly acknowledge the taint. I respect that.

(Editor's Note: GREAT post, Jeto - right on the mark! Excellent stuff.)

-----

Originally Posted by madmike1

You have zero credibility. Last time they were proven to have cheated all you did was go into crazy spin mode and you'll do the same when the rams tape and the rest of the dirt comes out.

Originally Posted by Gainzo

I have zero credibility? Look in the mirror.

(Editor's Note: Ouch - cold...)

-----

Topic: F This

Originally Posted by Gainzo

The pats are the team to beat next year.

Originally Posted by Arsis

You're 100% right, the pats are going to be the team the beat next year. The only problem is the number of teams that are gonna end up beating them.

(Editor's Note: Unfortunately the Jets will probably not be one of them, which sucks to say 8 months prior to the 2008 season even beginning.)

-----

Topic: good news for pats fans

Originally Posted by madmike1

How many super bowls have you won without cheating? 0.

This has nothing to do with the Jets. This is about your team and the fraud they have been committing on the rest of the league for the last 8 years. You bashing the jets just makes you look more and more like the troll you are.

(Editor's Note: Gainzo is not a troll by a long shot, but you are right about the rest.)

-----

Topic: F This

Originally Posted by 124

Whether the Giants win or lose the Super Bowl, they will be the more popular team in the Tri-State area. They have been around for many more years than the Jets and have a tremendous amount more of success. Its something that you have to get used to.

I for one was planning to root for New England, but when it all came down on Saturday night and into Super Bowl Sunday, I decided the best thing to do was to root against your biggest rival. Its not the Giants organization we hate, its the d'bag fans of the Giants a lot of us hate and trust me, I still do hate them with an undying passion. BUT, to see the CHEATERS CHOKE on the biggest stage of them all, I'll take all the Giants praising talk for the next month before its all Mets and Yankees, and even already the talk on the radio is more Johan Santana than anything else.

But hey, at least its not like Boston where the Patriots are just Red Sox fans with nothing to do in the winter.

(Editor's Note: Nice work, kid. 'Ol 124 sure has really grown up, hasn't he. )

-----

I have a real problem with being called a front runner.

The Patriost lost to a superior team who's fanbase- en mass- sold tickets to the last regular season game to Patriots fans. Definitely a smart-money-making move - but certainly not something to hang your fan hat on, you know?

The Patriots had no real positive history (save a few moments here and there) until Parcells came aboard. The Jest fanbase is based on one shining moment - and a brazen QB with real sex appeal living in the grandest city of them all.

I have a problem being called a front runner by a fanbase that openly rooted for a team they play second fiddle to. I will give those that live out of the tri-state area a break - you don't live it. But those of you that go to all the games/live in the area? Are you kidding me? The stadium says "Giants" on it. The Jets were hardly talked about before - forget about it now. Where's the pride? Is second class okay? You enjoy being in steerage? I don't get it - then again there is only one team for each sport in my town so I may be talking out of my arse - but it just seems weird to me that you would rather play second fiddle to the team that beats your arse in the media all the time, than be a team that plays in the same division as the Pats.

Originally Posted by K2C

18-1 and "That time of the month again" must really be a ****ty combination for you.

(Editor's Note: That's just wrong - Garb can't help that she's a woman or that she roots for a team that couldn't close the deal....)

-----

And this week's winner:

Topic: Tuck Rules

Originally Posted by Lady Jet

Tuck Rules

I guess what goes around, comes around....

justin-tuck-fumble.jpg

Congrats to Lady Jet on her POTW win. Lady Jet just barely beat out Jeto for the win this week, so the Assist of the Week (and Runner-up post) to to Jeto. It's an all ladies week around here folks - just like the old days when Maxman had the mods dress in drag. Congratulations to two of my personal favorites, Ms. Lady Jet and Ms. Jetophile. For you, LJ- wear it well:

potw.jpg

That's all I've got this week, kids. - y'all be cool...

gb

:)

I truly would like to take the time to thank Sperm for the nom, as well as all the people who gave me props, Afo (yeah, you'll get a sammy, ;)), RSJ, DaBrick, Kid, joewilly and Bob.

Of course a huge thank you to Beans, who always does an amazing job with this.

I'd also like to thank the Justin Tuck of course, Osi and Strahan, Eli and Tyree and the 18-1 Pats. ;)

However, I kinda feel strange about this. I mean, the lesson we should have learned this week was that Cheaters never win. And yet, I kinda feel like a dirty, stinkin' Belicheat. I mean, if the commissioner were to tell the ref to stop the game and declare a winner, that would be cheatin', right?

Well, that may have happened here. So you might want to consider stripping me of my "title" and handing it to Jeto for an absolutely killer post!

as always gb is awesome! ;)

and as for the women.. :yahoo: i have ALWAYS said the lady is one of the most under-rated posters here

and jp.. well she just is too funny.

and if you remember jfbm won last week ;)

heh. the women are taking over...

:Banane43:

That's a lot of stuff to wade through, Beans. Nice work.

Congrats, LJ!

well done lady! nice job beans...as always. :cool:

:)

I truly would like to take the time to thank Sperm for the nom, as well as all the people who gave me props, Afo (yeah, you'll get a sammy, ;)), RSJ, DaBrick, Kid, joewilly and Bob.

Of course a huge thank you to Beans, who always does an amazing job with this.

I'd also like to thank the Justin Tuck of course, Osi and Strahan, Eli and Tyree and the 18-1 Pats. ;)

However, I kinda feel strange about this. I mean, the lesson we should have learned this week was that Cheaters never win. And yet, I kinda feel like a dirty, stinkin' Belicheat. I mean, if the commissioner were to tell the ref to stop the game and declare a winner, that would be cheatin', right?

Well, that may have happened here. So you might want to consider stripping me of my "title" and handing it to Jeto for an absolutely killer post!

Amen to that. Reading all that I was thinking -- this guy is crazy for doing that each week. Thanks though Beans!

Beans does a great job and it is very tedious. Kudos to Beans.

Congrats Lady Jet!

Nice work Beans!

as always gb is awesome! ;)

and as for the women.. :yahoo: i have ALWAYS said the lady is one of the most under-rated posters here

and jp.. well she just is too funny.

and if you remember jfbm won last week ;)

heh. the women are taking over...

:Banane43:

Thank you all of the props, kudos, and thank yous - I appreciate them from all of you. And LJ, you are nothing like 'lil Bill - you're all class, baby! ;)

Archived