Is Tangini Sleeping?

BigOrangeJetFan

OK man. He had 67 catches in 2006 playing for the Dolphins.

If Randy Moss didn't go to the Pats Welker still would have caught at least 90 passes this year.

Your hatred for all things Boston is retarded and petty.

Sorry your personal attacks won't win you this argument. I'm far from the only person who realizes that a player like Randy Moss changes the way other teams play defense.

Sorry your personal attacks won't win you this argument. I'm far from the only person who realizes that a player like Randy Moss changes the way other teams play defense.

Personal attack? That makes me laugh.

I could unleash a personal attack but you aren't worth my time.

OK man. He had 67 catches in 2006 playing for the Dolphins.

If Randy Moss didn't go to the Pats Welker still would have caught at least 90 passes this year.

Your hatred for all things Boston is retarded and petty.

Ok this is just stupid Gainzo. Wes Welker isn't half the player he is on the Jets. He gets his Miami numbers at BEST, not the numbers he put up this past season in New England. madmike is completely right on this point, you are absolutely neglecting the impact that Randy Moss, Tom Brady, a good O-line, good coaching, and cheating have on Wes Welker's numbers.

Over here we don't cheat, we have no QB, we have no OL, our CS refuses to play our most talented offensive player, our CS also has an offensive gameplan of "run up gut, run up gut, incomplete pass 2 yards short of the marker even if it had completed, punt." Both our WRs are now rather slow possession guys. One guy does catch everything you throw near him, but the others all drop everything. The guy that catches everything, well, I dunno he catches floaters and now he's probably unconscious, so I don't know if he can actually catch a pass with some mustard on it.

Ok this is just stupid Gainzo. Wes Welker isn't half the player he is on the Jets. He gets his Miami numbers at BEST, not the numbers he put up this past season in New England. madmike is completely right on this point, you are absolutely neglecting the impact that Randy Moss, Tom Brady, a good O-line, good coaching, and cheating have on Wes Welker's numbers.

Over here we don't cheat, we have no QB, we have no OL, our CS refuses to play our most talented offensive player, our CS also has an offensive gameplan of "run up gut, run up gut, incomplete pass 2 yards short of the marker even if it had completed, punt." Both our WRs are now rather slow possession guys. One guy does catch everything you throw near him, but the others all drop everything. The guy that catches everything, well, I dunno he catches floaters and now he's probably unconscious, so I don't know if he can actually catch a pass with some mustard on it.

Damn man. That was good, very, very good.

We don't need McFloppin!

I have only seen him a few times. Speed, not as much size as I thought he had. He runs straight up and fumbles as a result. I did not see alot of moves. I don't like this running out of the QB slot. Reminds me too much of those option runners like Rashan Salaam of Missouri (that was his name, wasn't it?). He looks like a straight line guy with speed and not a lot of toughness. I kind of liked Mendenhall. But no way at 6.

Patience in the NFL means you are a consistent loser.... Yeah it might take a little longer than you hope, but using the schedule is lame cause they played the Fins and Bills 4 times, they played the Redskins, Giants, and Eagles when those teams were not good, they played a Browns team that couldn't stop anybody on defense.. Oh wait the Jets didn't exactly light up the scoreboard that day. The Titans were an ok team, but nothing to brag about and Vince Young took a step backwards. The Ravens won 4 games. THe Chiefs won 4 games. The reality is the only good teams they really played were the Patriots twice and the Cowboys. The rest of their schedule should have led this team to a 7-9 or 8-8 season, not a 4-12 season. 4-12 means your front office did a bad job and your coaching staff did a bad job.

The NFL has a lot of bad teams. So any team that doesn't go 7-9 or 8-8 is a team that didn't get the job done. Unless the Jets played the Pats, Colts, Chargers, Cowboys every week, it's not really considered a tough schedule.

This will be Year 3 of this regime. If the Jets aren't vastly improved next year, you have to say there is no real plan. Winning teams don't take 5-10 years to actually get better.

A lot of the players that were there when Mangini arrived weren't very good, you just can't gut the team and start from scratch..it doesn't work like that in the NFL or you end up with tons of dead money on your cap. Last year the draft was a very weak one so instead of trying to get more players they were smart about it and got to guys who look like pro bowlers after GREAT rookie years. (Harris & Revis). They also get these draft choices to sign 6 year deals so they have contract renewals spread out not all in the same year. These are obviously two smart guys and to say they don't have a plan is absurd,,really.

A lot of the players that were there when Mangini arrived weren't very good, you just can't gut the team and start from scratch..it doesn't work like that in the NFL or you end up with tons of dead money on your cap. Last year the draft was a very weak one so instead of trying to get more players they were smart about it and got to guys who look like pro bowlers after GREAT rookie years. (Harris & Revis). They also get these draft choices to sign 6 year deals so they have contract renewals spread out not all in the same year. These are obviously two smart guys and to say they don't have a plan is absurd,,really.

Sometimes just sometimes you have to start looking at the coaches and coirdinators instead of the players... are they coached well? who the fck knows? Sutton? Shottenheimer? Mangini?

I have to disagree..in the NFL there are no more 5 year rebuilding projects. Every year you retool and play the game. Mangini was left some talent..he chose to use them in various ways.. Rhodes and Cotch got better, Vilma Ellis and D Rob worse.

Sometimes just sometimes you have to start looking at the coaches and coirdinators instead of the players... are they coached well? who the fck knows? Sutton? Shottenheimer? Mangini?

I haven't ONCE seen on this board whre anyone claimed Mangini was out coached or the game plan was F>**ked up. Are there plays that he could have wanted back..of course. i wasn't here during the Herm regime but from the Herm obsession that sometimes occurs here it was a weekly problem. Just saying.

I haven't ONCE seen on this board whre anyone claimed Mangini was out coached or the game plan was F>**ked up. Are there plays that he could have wanted back..of course. i wasn't here during the Herm regime but from the Herm obsession that sometimes occurs here it was a weekly problem. Just saying.

It's been said here plenty of times. Go re-read any of the in-game threads.

It's been said here plenty of times. Go re-read any of the in-game threads.

I understand a particular call or series came up for question but in your opinion overall did you feel the Jets were properly prepared each week for what the opposition was doing and did they make adjustments at half time? I would yes on a consistent basis but I certainly understand it comes down to W's and L's.

I understand a particular call or series came up for question but in your opinion overall did you feel the Jets were properly prepared each week for what the opposition was doing and did they make adjustments at half time? I would yes on a consistent basis but I certainly understand it comes down to W's and L's.

So your definition of half time adjustment is when you blow a lead in the second half and lose a game? To me that sounds like the other team adjusted, and Mangini failed to.

Thats not true at all. The only variables in the schedule are 2 measly games. Thats it. The Jets sucked because of their Oline which was fixable if Woody wasn't such a cheap joke of an owner.

This isn't baseball. At the start of the season, the Jets, like most teams, will be at or close to the cap.

This isn't baseball. At the start of the season, the Jets, like most teams, will be at or close to the cap.

That's why this Woody is cheap stuff is very silly. The Jets spend all their cap money every year.

What they are trying to advoid is reaching, and over paying for FA's that are being paid as All Pros, and are Jags.

Big long term contracts on players that go bust is death to a franchise. Look at the Jets history. They have done that several times.

The way to go is build thru the draft, when you get a player or two away, you bring the big guns in.

That's why this Woody is cheap stuff is very silly. The Jets spend all their cap money every year.

What they are trying to advoid is reaching, and over paying for FA's that are being paid as All Pros, and are Jags.

Big long term contracts on players that go bust is death to a franchise. Look at the Jets history. They have done that several times.

The way to go is build thru the draft, when you get a player or two away, you bring the big guns in.

Exactly. Funny how quickly people forget Leonard Marshall, Steve A****er, Eric Green, Aaron Beaseley, Reggie Tounge, Kimo, etc. You build primarily thru the draft. Then you carefully try to get a FA here or there to supplement. Occaisionally, you get lucky and get a Mawae or a Kendall in their prime and reasonably priced like we did. Most FA's are free for a reason. And it is not good.

So your definition of half time adjustment is when you blow a lead in the second half and lose a game? To me that sounds like the other team adjusted, and Mangini failed to.

Thats not true..Guys dropping passes for TD's that would have won the game, (Ravens) QB's throwing an INT when a FG could have tied the game. (Buffalo)..Players have to make plays and I feel the Jets are in position to make those plays but haven't..As a coach thats all you can really do..Blame the coach if you will..The answer is get better players right...yes..that takes time and patience in my opinion. Thats done through the draft and finding value in the FA market..Adiluis Thomas was paid serious bucks and was an average player at best for the Pat's this year and that list goes on and on.

The Jets took a QB in the 2nd rd.. How have any of those first rounders done in the last two years..Linart,Young,Cutler,,I understand the jury is still out BUT if any of those 3 were Jet QB's they would have been crucified on this board for the most part for there at best inconsistent play the last two years and in some cases awful play.

Did you miss this season?

The Jets went 4-12 and almost every game they were outscored in the second half. Sorry but it's not like the Jets played the Pats and Cowboys every week. This coaching staff did a terrible job.

And I still don't get this theory. People claim the Jets talent sucked so bad, yet that same talent went 10-6. It wasn't the players it was all the coaching.... Ok..... Then in year 2 the Jets brought in a couple of good draft picks, their draft picks from season one had a year under their belt, they also brought in Thomas Jones, yet they went 4-12 but it wasn't the coaches fault at all.

I'm sorry but some people seem to be blind to reality. You can't say the Jets sucked so bad but went 10-6 because of the coaches and then the next season after bringing in a lot of their own players they wind up 4-12 and tell me it had nothing to do with the coaches. You really can't have it both ways.

If the Jets players sucked so bad in 2006 but went 10-6 cause of coaching, then you have to accept the fact that the Jets front office sucked last season because in 2007 with that same coaching and various other players brought in, they went 4-12.

4-12 means you didn't do a good job. All I know is in 2005, the Jets and Packers both sucked. Both dumped their coaching staffs. In 2006, both teams seemed to be improving. But in 2007, the Jets went 4-12 again while the Packers lost an NFC Championship game in overtime. Seems one team knows how to improve while the other is still stuck in "hoping for tomorrow."

Archived