Vilma

K-Rhodes25

It seems like everyone wants to get rid of Vilma.

I think that Vilma would make Harris better and the other way around

Vilma and Harris next to each other would make a nice duo

Yeah, while Vilma is being pushed around Harris will come in for the tackle!

It seems like everyone wants to get rid of Vilma.

I think that Vilma would make Harris better and the other way around

Vilma and Harris next to each other would make a nice duo

Ive been saying this Vilma would compliment Harris.2 good linebackers lined up together would vastly improve any defense.Keep Vilma the guys got heart and soul.

Vilma had a down year 2 years ago, then got hurt to end his season this year. His trade value is pretty low right now I would imagine. Better off trying him next to Harris

Then we have to resign him. I think he's in his contract year? Our luck he pulls a B. Thomas on us, monster year, signs a new contract and sucks the following year!

Vilma had a down year 2 years ago, then got hurt to end his season this year. His trade value is pretty low right now I would imagine. Better off trying him next to Harris

He was having a down year in '07 anyway. Injured or not, I'd chalk that up as a down season. That's two in a row.

What's the definition of insanity?

everyone seems to forget the monster of an lb he was his rookie year

i think he will step up everyone knows what hes capable of

That's funny, because I never thought he had a monster of any year! And he was voted to the pro bowl as an alternative. I felt he was always about hype and comparing himself to Ray Lewis, which is a joke!:confused0082:

Im positive we will let him go and bring in some rookie who cant play or a veteran who has seen his better days in the NFL.Its the New York Jets way. If Vilma is let go or traded this will be another James Farrior situation watch and see.

I wouldn't doubt it!

Ive been saying this Vilma would compliment Harris.2 good linebackers lined up together would vastly improve any defense.Keep Vilma the guys got heart and soul.

Hey guys what would be wrong with moving him to the outside moving Victor Hobson to the inside and drafting Vernon Gholston? Now that would be a mean LB corp

Hey guys what would be wrong with moving him to the outside moving Victor Hobson to the inside and drafting Vernon Gholston? Now that would be a mean LB corp

1) Victor Hobson is not on the team anymore in 3 weeks. He's a UFA.

2) If we're drafting Vernon Gholston (presumably to play OLB), why also put Vilma out there? If he's too small for ILB in the 3-4 then he's even MORE too small for OLB. Think of an OLB in the 3-4 like a DE in the 4-3. Would you line up 225-lb Jonathan Vilma at DE in a 4-3? No. So you wouldn't put him outside in a 3-4 either.

1) Victor Hobson is not on the team anymore in 3 weeks. He's a UFA.

2) If we're drafting Vernon Gholston (presumably to play OLB), why also put Vilma out there? If he's too small for ILB in the 3-4 then he's even MORE too small for OLB. Think of an OLB in the 3-4 like a DE in the 4-3. Would you line up 225-lb Jonathan Vilma at DE in a 4-3? No. So you wouldn't put him outside in a 3-4 either.

You do have a point there our only recourse then would be to trade him he then in essence has no value to us

Archived