Brady looked drugged to me

upstatefan

So I was watching the super bowl again on nfl replay and I noticed something I didn't see the first time through: Brady's eyes looked a little glazed over, dull, a little spacey. He looked a little out of it from the very start. I'd like to thank the guy that slipped him the roofies (probably some gay patsy fan looking to score) - but seriously, did anyone else notice that his eyes looked a little coked out (i'm no expert btw)? He's a big game guy and has been in the pressure cooker before - so it can't be a big stage fright effect. Maybe the trainer juiced him up to numb the ankle. Not diminishing the effect of the whooping the jints' D laid on him or trying to give the pats any excuses...just wondering if others saw the same thing.

What is this world coming to already.

No, he just looked surprised he didn't have time to write a novel or balance his checkbook while he was in the pocket. I'm sure he forgot what it was like to take a physical beating, but he was very tough considering. Didn't complain.

Somewhat unrelated, but I remember watching Archie Manning get pummeled every single Sunday of his entire career with the Saints. You want to talk about habitual beatings. Hell, opposing defenses should have just have thrown bricks at his head. It would have been the same thing. Merciless.

I always hated what I perceived to be special treatment of Peyton-Don't-Touch-Me-Manning and all that, always saw Archie Manning like Kit Culkin (horrid stage father); but in the end, I guess it's fair to say he was just looking out for his kids. Poetic justice or something like it....

But screw the Mannings, anyway. :P

And how do you think your eyes would look after you've been slammed into the dirt by Strahan and co a couple of times.

Seriously, it's very common for QB's to get that glazed-over-eyes look after being sacked. That's why sacking is so very important. It gets the QB out of his rythm. The heart starts racing. Adrenalin is released, you get stressed out and get tunnel vision.

Archived