My mock looks like this:

FA Signings:

Randall Gay (CB)

Stacey Andrews (OT)

Jacob Bell (OG)

Corey Williams (DL)

Draft (rds 1-3)

NO TRADE DOWN:

Rd 1 - Vernon Gholston DE/OLB (Ohio St.)

Rd 2- Mario Manningham WR (Michigan)

Rd 3- Frank Okam (DT/NT) Texas

TRADE DOWN:

Rd 1 - Carl Nicks (OT) Nebraska - reunite with former coach callahan

Rd 1- Dan Connor (OLB) Penn St.

Rd 2- Limas Sweed (WR) Texas

Rd 3 - Oniel Cousins (OG) UTEP

Not Returning:

WR Justin Mccareins

OT Anthony Clement

OG Adrien Clarke

CB David Barrett

** Both LB Victor Hobson and LB Eric Barton are FA's this offseason, we will likely re-sign only 1. That one will be competing for an ILB/OLB spot next season under the name"Hobson" because I feel it is more likely we re-sign him.

Next yr. Starting Lineup(Draft Trade Down)

QB- Clemens v. Pennington TC compettition

RB - Thomas Jones

WR- Coles*, Cotchery, Stuckey/Smith/Sweed (TC comp.)

OL

LT- Dbrick

LG - Cousins/Bell

C-Mangold

RG-Moore

RT-Andrews/Nicks

TE- Baker

DEFENSE

DL

DE - Kenyon Coleman, Shaun Ellis, Williams

NT/DT - Robertson*/Williams TC Comp.

LB

OLB-Bryan Thomas

ILB - Harris, Vilma*/Hobson

OLB - Connor/Hobson

CB - Revis, Gay

FS- Rhodes

SS- Elam

Next Yr. Roster (Draft: NO Trade Down)

QB - KC/Pennington*

RB - Jones

WR - Coles*, Cotchery, Stuckey/Smith/Manningham

OL

LT-Dbrick

LG- Bell

C-Mangold

RG-Moore

RT-Andrews

TE - Baker

DEFENSE

DL

DE- Kenyon Coleman, Williams/Ellis*

NT/DT - Robertson*/Okam/Williams

LB

OLB - Bryan Thomas

ILB- Harris, Vilma*/Hobson

OLB- Gholston

CB- Revis, Gay

FS-Rhodes

SS-Elam

* denotes players rumored to be on the trading block

player/player - training camp compettition.

---------------

I did the draft accounting for both a possible trade down and if we dont trade down.

If we do trade down, rd 1 would really be the only rd affected, but i changed my picks for rd 2/3 also because I wanted to provide a different option at both of those spots.

My mock looks like this:

FA Signings:

Randall Gay (CB)

Stacey Andrews (OT)

Jacob Bell (OG)

Corey Williams (DL)

Draft (rds 1-3)

NO TRADE DOWN:

TRADE DOWN:

Not Returning:

WR Justin Mccareins

OT Anthony Clement

OG Adrien Clarke

CB David Barrett

** Both LB Victor Hobson and LB Eric Barton are FA's this offseason, we will likely re-sign only 1. That one will be competing for an ILB/OLB spot next season under the name"Hobson" because I feel it is more likely we re-sign him.

RB - Thomas Jones

OL

LT- Dbrick

LG - Cousins/Bell

C-Mangold

RG-Moore

RT-Andrews/Nicks

TE- Baker

DEFENSE

DL

LB

OLB-Bryan Thomas

OLB - Connor/Hobson

CB - Revis, Gay

FS- Rhodes

SS- Elam

QB - KC/Pennington*

RB - Jones

OL

LT-Dbrick

LG- Bell

C-Mangold

RG-Moore

RT-Andrews

TE - Baker

DEFENSE

DL

LB

OLB - Bryan Thomas

OLB- Gholston

CB- Revis, Gay

FS-Rhodes

SS-Elam

---------------

I did the draft accounting for both a possible trade down and if we dont trade down.

If we do trade down, rd 1 would really be the only rd affected, but i changed my picks for rd 2/3 also because I wanted to provide a different option at both of those spots.

Ilike it, but I don't see Manningham lasting to round 2!

Ilike it, but I don't see Manningham lasting to round 2!

Both trade and non-trade proposals pick WR in the 2nd, but no trade picks Manningham, trade picks Sweed. Why? Wouldn't you just take the top rated WR? I understand you wanted to show different options, but there is no reason why one spot would look for speed and the other size. Is this just because you realized Manningham probably won't last?

Both trade and non-trade proposals pick WR in the 2nd, but no trade picks Manningham, trade picks Sweed. Why? Wouldn't you just take the top rated WR? I understand you wanted to show different options, but there is no reason why one spot would look for speed and the other size. Is this just because you realized Manningham probably won't last?

Actually, Manningham is comparable to Coles as Sweed is a big target WR with good hands and is fast enough, although not as fast as either Coles or Manningham. Just a different option.

My mock looks like this:

FA Signings:

Randall Gay (CB)

Stacey Andrews (OT)

Jacob Bell (OG)

Corey Williams (DL)

Draft (rds 1-3)

NO TRADE DOWN:

TRADE DOWN:

Not Returning:

WR Justin Mccareins

OT Anthony Clement

OG Adrien Clarke

CB David Barrett

RB - Thomas Jones

OL

LT- Dbrick

LG - Cousins/Bell

C-Mangold

RG-Moore

RT-Andrews/Nicks

TE- Baker

DEFENSE

DL

LB

OLB-Bryan Thomas

OLB - Connor/Hobson

CB - Revis, Gay

FS- Rhodes

SS- Elam

QB - KC/Pennington*

RB - Jones

OL

LT-Dbrick

LG- Bell

C-Mangold

RG-Moore

RT-Andrews

TE - Baker

DEFENSE

DL

LB

OLB - Bryan Thomas

OLB- Gholston

CB- Revis, Gay

FS-Rhodes

SS-Elam

---------------

THAT WOULD SUCK BALLS.. WERES THE PLAYMAKERS? WERES THE NEW RB? WE SIGN GAY INSTEAD OF ASSANTE? I MEAN DO U GUYS DONT WANNA GO AFTER A BIG FISH? WE NEED A FCKING GUY THAT IS A SUPERSTAR THAT REPS THE NY JETS!! SOME IDENITY!! WHAT WE HAVE NOW IS A BUNCH OF MIDDDLE THE ROAD PLAYERS AND RETHREADS FROM OTHER TEAMS

I WONDER SOMETIMES HOW IT WOULD FEEL TO BE A VIKING FAN THAT CAN ROOT FOR A GUY LIKE ADRIAN PETERSON.. A ROOKIE THAT IS NOT THE FACE OF THE VIKINGS...

I JUST WISH THE JETS HAS SOME FIRE..SOME PASSIONS...SOME TEAM LEADERS..

BRING SHOCKEY HERE... HE SEEMS LIKE HE CARES ABOUT WINNING..

THAT WOULD SUCK BALLS.. WERES THE PLAYMAKERS? WERES THE NEW RB? WE SIGN GAY INSTEAD OF ASSANTE? I MEAN DO U GUYS DONT WANNA GO AFTER A BIG FISH? WE NEED A FCKING GUY THAT IS A SUPERSTAR THAT REPS THE NY JETS!! SOME IDENITY!! WHAT WE HAVE NOW IS A BUNCH OF MIDDDLE THE ROAD PLAYERS AND RETHREADS FROM OTHER TEAMS

I WONDER SOMETIMES HOW IT WOULD FEEL TO BE A VIKING FAN THAT CAN ROOT FOR A GUY LIKE ADRIAN PETERSON.. A ROOKIE THAT IS NOT THE FACE OF THE VIKINGS...

Playmakers are overrated, and I actually mean that.

Yes, when you're a team like the Pats, who already had a great QB, a very solid OL, and arguably the best DL/LB combination in football, they can push a team like that to the next level.

But I think the Giants are the perfect case study of what I am saying. In the time between 2000 and this past year, the Giants went after playmakers. They signed plax, drafted shockey, made Tiki the focus of their team, and drafted Eli Manning. The results were mediocre, playoff appearance here or there, but also some losing seasons mixed in as well.

Then, over the past two or three years, they got back to fundamentals. They focused mainly on improving two units, OL and especially DL. I think everybody that watched the Giants in the playoffs knows what got them to and won them the SB, and it was OL and DL.

Yes, Plax was helpful, but could the Giants have done it without him? Maybe. Could they have done it without that DL and OL, not even a chance.

The Pats, Packers, and Cowboys all had more 'playmakers' on their teams, but they all lost because they got dominated up front. Its where games are won and lost, and its the biggest reason for our 12 losses last season.

I think the offseason I highlighted is both realistic and a good one.

And no, I dont want Asante for what he'll demand.

Well I want assante... We iwl lhave plenty of money to spend on him and get several other players too.. .we got the money..and to have a probowler with superbowl experience... is priceless... even when you add him to our young future probowler REVIS....

Btw..this team needs an idenity..

An identity? Are you kidding?

We need some pass rushers and some guys that can protect the QB and open up some holes for the RB's.

Assante is fine, but he's not worth nearly what he's asking for. If we spend so much on Samuel, then yes, we'd have the best secondary in the game. Congratulations, the rest of our team is still a piece of ****. Secondary is the least of our issues, and if we're so inclined to spend big money on someone, make it be someone the likes of Karlos Dansby or Terrell Suggs, guys that can actually get to the passer, not Assante.

My mock looks like this:

FA Signings:

Randall Gay (CB)

Stacey Andrews (OT)

Jacob Bell (OG)

Corey Williams (DL)

Draft (rds 1-3)

NO TRADE DOWN:

TRADE DOWN:

Not Returning:

WR Justin Mccareins

OT Anthony Clement

OG Adrien Clarke

CB David Barrett

RB - Thomas Jones

OL

LT- Dbrick

LG - Cousins/Bell

C-Mangold

RG-Moore

RT-Andrews/Nicks

TE- Baker

DEFENSE

DL

LB

OLB-Bryan Thomas

OLB - Connor/Hobson

CB - Revis, Gay

FS- Rhodes

SS- Elam

QB - KC/Pennington*

RB - Jones

OL

LT-Dbrick

LG- Bell

C-Mangold

RG-Moore

RT-Andrews

TE - Baker

DEFENSE

DL

LB

OLB - Bryan Thomas

OLB- Gholston

CB- Revis, Gay

FS-Rhodes

SS-Elam

---------------

An identity? Are you kidding?

We need some pass rushers and some guys that can protect the QB and open up some holes for the RB's.

Assante is fine, but he's not worth nearly what he's asking for. If we spend so much on Samuel, then yes, we'd have the best secondary in the game. Congratulations, the rest of our team is still a piece of ****. Secondary is the least of our issues, and if we're so inclined to spend big money on someone, make it be someone the likes of Karlos Dansby or Terrell Suggs, guys that can actually get to the passer, not Assante.

Yeah an identity.. A superstar player that people wil identify with our team.. Not Joe Namath anymore... thats all that our team seems to have.. after 40 something years later...

and yes..but theres no reason we cant sign both... we are 40 something million under the cap..

Yeah an identity.. A superstar player that people wil identify with our team.. Not Joe Namath anymore... thats all that our team seems to have.. after 40 something years later...

and yes..but theres no reason we cant sign both... we are 40 something million under the cap..

And why would having an identity improve our team? Just curious.

Having a superstar will help the team, but only if he's given the chance. (For Example, even the best WR cant be too much help if the QB isnt given time to get him the ball)

And why would having an identity improve our team? Just curious.

Having a superstar will help the team, but only if he's given the chance. (For Example, even the best WR cant be too much help if the QB isnt given time to get him the ball)

Im sick about the o-line... I was told on here that when the jets spent two first rounders on o-lineman that we had to do that and you build from there... so I wasnt happy that we left cutler on the board among others.. but I realized what u guys said was true..

BUT NOW OUR FCKING O-LINE STIL SUCKS AFTER WE SPENT TWO FIRST ROUNDERS!!! THATS THE PROBLEM I HAVE..

Im sick about the o-line... I was told on here that when the jets spent two first rounders on o-lineman that we had to do that and you build from there... so I wasnt happy that we left cutler on the board among others.. but I realized what u guys said was true..

BUT NOW OUR FCKING O-LINE STIL SUCKS AFTER WE SPENT TWO FIRST ROUNDERS!!! THATS THE PROBLEM I HAVE..

Look back at last season...

Tell me why we lost all those games, was it because we didnt have a great WR to throw the ball to, or was it because our QB constantly had pressure in his face, the RBs never had a hole to run through, and the defense couldnt force a stop late in the game for their lives?

Spending 2 1st rd picks on the OL was a start, but theres 2 other OL positions and 4 more defensive positions that still desperately need to be upgraded.

Just remember..sometimes its the line..sometimes its the coaching or the players.. barry sanders had a horrible line in detroit and we know how he turned out... thomas jones not being able to get a 4th and 1 several times throughout the year is not all the o-lines fault..

THANK YOU FOR PROVING MY POINT with Barry Sanders. Barry Sanders was an identity, he was a superstar, and he was a playmaker. His OL sucked and his defense was maybe average.

How many SB's did they win during Sanders' time there? How many NFCCG did they make it to?

Yes, he put up great numbers, but thats really not important if you dont get any SB rings. Also see: Patriots 07 season.

Ok...I get your point.. but let me ask you a question then?

Chad or Kellen? or do we draft a Qb or try to pry away Derek anderson?

I honestly dont know what Kellen is capable of given a decent OL and defense, so I cant really answer that yet.

Hopefully KC will pan out and prove himself the starter in TC and preseason, but the best player should start.

I honestly dont know what Kellen is capable of given a decent OL and defense, so I cant really answer that yet.

Hopefully KC will pan out and prove himself the starter in TC and preseason, but the best player should start.

Fair enough, but the coaching staff should know. It's not like he could be facing a pass rush in practice. We don't have one.

LOUD NOISES

Welcome to the site. We have a word censor here. Please do not miss spell curse words to beat it. Thanks.

:confused0058::confused0058::confused0058:

New York Giants - 1 Pro-bowler - Superbowl Champions

'Playmakers' = Overated

I don't think Randall Gay is leaving New England. Assante is gone imo and they aren't losing both.

Also Anthony Clement should be back next year. As a backup. No need to cut him, I believe he is already under contract at a reasonable price. Replace him as a starter no doubt, but you need depth.

GGM, i like the offseason, the only point i would add is that grabbing a guy like Gay in FA seems ok in most years, but not in one where there are so many decent CB's in the draft. I'll be doing a mock later, and in mine i have coles, penny, and vilma leaving via trade, you have none. I find it some what unrealistic to think all three will be returning.

My point is, if any one of them are gone, you can be sure we will have another second or third round pick, meaning we can grab that extra corner or linemen. You're showing the Jets....the jets!!!!, of all teams getting 4 or 5 guys in FA, all of which are quality players. Judging by the short history of this CS/FO, we will be getting 2 or 3, and if we are lucky, one of them will be named Andrews. I see us doing much more damage in the draft than FA.

I'll have mine posted soon, feel free to call me a dumbass (not that i'm calling you that :)) when i post mine.

By a lot.

I think people mistake the term 'playmakers' with someone that handles the ball. IMO, the Giants have 4 legit playmakers, which is 3 more than us (rhodes). Tuck, Strahan, Osi, and Burress. Hell i'd even through McKenzie and that rookie CB in there.

I think people mistake the term 'playmakers' with someone that handles the ball. IMO, the Giants have 4 legit playmakers, which is 3 more than us (rhodes). Tuck, Strahan, Osi, and Burress. Hell i'd even through McKenzie and that rookie CB in there.

Add Bradshaw- the guy is electric with the ball in his hands.

McKenzie might not even be their 4th-best lineman. He's just paid the most.

McKenzie might not even be their 4th-best lineman. He's just paid the most.

i couldn't disagree more.

I watched McKenzie very closely throughout the playoffs (mostly cause his uniform pissed me off). I would be suprised if he gave up even one sack against, Kerney, Kampman, or Vrable, and lets not play it off like any of those guys take plays off.

Not only did he not give up a sack, but absolutly mauled those guys into submission on virtually every play.

i couldn't disagree more.

I watched McKenzie very closely throughout the playoffs (mostly cause his uniform pissed me off). I would be suprised if he gave up even one sack against, Kerney, Kampman, or Vrable, and lets not play it off like any of those guys take plays off.

Not only did he not give up a sack, but absolutly mauled those guys into submission on virtually every play.

Their OL is solid across the board. Makes any one man's job easier. Personally I think Diehl, OHara, and Snee are better.

Archived