Did This Mom Go Too Far?

MrsTaborJet

This is exacltly what Judge Joe Brown of TV fame did when he was a Juvenile Judge in Tennessee.

All o fthe articles that were written about him making kids stand on corners or in malls with signs proclamining thier missteps eventually got him his TV gig.

What else could the Mom do? Seriously she is at work every day and Dick Kotite keeps calling her. Her boss is demanding that it stop.

She had no other choice.

:bwahaharoll::rl:

I agree with what she did. Alk, the sign says he cant go to school, so I assume its an out of school suspension.

:bwahaharoll::rl:

I agree with what she did. Alk, the sign says he cant go to school, so I assume its an out of school suspension.

I would hope that was the case but it never really specified in the article. If so, I totally agree with what she did although he would mow the yard and clean the garage first. :lol:

Just some comments from the GMA site... thought were interesting...

Psychologists are the LAST people I would ask advice from concerning the rearing of a child. Why ask anyone with no vested interest in being right...for that mattter, someone who could give opinions and themselves not suffer any consequences from being wrong, about how to discipline your child? Discipline, with love, will take a child far...even corporal discipline, within reason. Discipline works. Punishment doesn't. :confused0006:

Todays kids need something to shock them. I think the mother did a fab job and there was no abuse involved.:cool0043:

This is insensitive and cold. I believe in discipline but this is ridiculous. How could a mother subject her child to such humiliation. This could scar him for life. Discipline can be effectively addressed within the home. She could have done this by withholding his Nintendo for a month, no allowances, no treats, suspension from the baseball team. There are so many other options. A parent can shape a child without being cruel. This woman should be made to take classes in good parenting. :-({|=

squierghia, I don't remember whatever it was that I said at the ripe old age of 5 that made my mother haul me into the bathroom where she washed my mouth out with Lava soap and a red toothbrush, but I can honestly say I didn't cuss again until after I was twenty-one. And fifty odd years later, I still cannot use a red toothbrush or Lava soap.;)

Don't air your parent-child issues for all to see. I don't want to see a vulnerable child holding such a sign.Keep you business private. Disgusting way to dump your problems on other people. Disgusting.:eek:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/comments?type=story&id=4271266

Archived