How did I miss this movie?

Thor99

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

What an beautiful flick. It's a little slow, but it's not meant to be an action flick. Casey Affleck is the brother with talent, he phenominal in this film. Brad Pitt continues to be one of his generations best actors.

Not everyone will like this movie, in fact, many will think that it's boring. True film fans will love it.

I thought it had 3 1/2 to 4 stars written all over it for the 1st half of movie. IMHO it got a little preoccupied in 2nd half and also ran about 20 minutes too long.,,,

but all in all, a good script ..

and herein lies the difference between sj & jgb..........sj sometimes has humble opinions:mrgreen:

I thought it had 3 1/2 to 4 stars written all over it for the 1st half of movie. IMHO it got a little preoccupied in 2nd half and also ran about 20 minutes too long.,,,

but all in all, a good script ..

Speaking of movies, you damn redneck, I went to see No Country for Old Men partly because of your recommendation.

1) I hate movies where some scenes are so unwatchable you must cover your eyes. There were about four of those moments in this move.

2) The performances were great - but the movie ran longer than necessary.

3) What the heck kind of ending was THAT? Reminded me of the Sopranos. Unsatisfying. I mean, I get it - I understand the ending. But you know, for my money, I want a concrete ending. I want to know the devil got his due, you know? No bones 'bout 'it.

Speaking of movies, you damn redneck, I went to see No Country for Old Men.

1) I hate movies where some scenes are so unwatchable you must cover your eyes. There were about four of those moments in this move.

3) What the heck kind of ending was THAT? Reminded me of the Sopranos. Unsatisfying. I mean, I get it - I understand the ending. But you know, for my money, I want a concrete ending. I want to know the devil got his due, you know? No bones 'bout 'it.

haha,, the title explains the ending in a sort of way..

plus when he visited his old comrade in a wheelchair u could see it coming..

rent A History of Violence...

you may like it better

haha,, the title explains the ending in a sort of way..

plus when he visited his old comrade in a wheelchair u could see it coming..

rent A History of Violence...

you may like it better

Saw it - it was okay. I think I like Old Men better.

Along the lines of violent movies with the ending I want to see - nothing tops True Romance. Love that movie.

Saw it - it was okay. I think I like Old Men better.

Along the lines of violent movies with the ending I want to see - nothing tops True Romance. Love that movie.

of very recent flicks i like 'the savages', 'juno' and 'before the devil knows your dead' as my favorites..

'there will be blood' was good, but a little long and repetitive

of very recent flicks i like 'the savages', 'juno' and 'before the devil knows your dead' as my favorites..

'there will be blood' was good, but a little long and repetitive

Saw Juno a couple of weeks ago. Cute as heck. The chick and her boyfriend were great. LOVED the ending. It was happy. Sell me the believable fairytale everytime, hollywood!

Anyone here see In Bruges, or at least heard of it? Assassin comedy with Colin Farrell and Ralph Fiennes. Wanted to see it last friday but its in limited release.

ya its on my list,,not here in raleigh yet,,i have seen previews,,looks good but wont be for everyone,,its definitly not mainstream,,its a Indie thru and thru

http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/inbruges

Speaking of movies, you damn redneck, I went to see No Country for Old Men partly because of your recommendation.

I agree.

I enjoyed the first hour and a half of the movie, but the last 30 minutes and ending sucked.

Archived