The Line Of Scrimmage

Maxman

When is the last time the Jets could control it? Even when Curtis led the league in rushing, 3rd and 1 was never a sure thing.

The defensive line is worse when you consider that they have 1st rounders over there that are underperforming (and the price they paid to get DRob).

What is the last time that could control the L.O.S. on both sides of the ball? I can't even remember. Maybe 1998?

When is the last time the Jets could control it? Even when Curtis led the league in rushing, 3rd and 1 was never a sure thing.

The defensive line is worse when you consider that they have 1st rounders over there that are underperforming (and the price they paid to get DRob).

What is the last time that could control the L.O.S. on both sides of the ball? I can't even remember. Maybe 1998?

We can't control the LOS, then D-Rob and Ellis couldn't perform their race to see who can get pushed back 10 yards wuicker.

We always seem to lack truly dominant players. People like Casey Hampton, Vince Willfork or Pat Williams. I don't like that about our team at all.

We can't control the LOS, then D-Rob and Ellis couldn't perform their race to see who can get pushed back 10 yards wuicker.

We always seem to lack truly dominant players. People like Casey Hampton, Vince Willfork or Pat Williams. I don't like that about our team at all.

Irish we agree on this one.DOMINANT PLAYERS are non-existent on the New York Jets.

The early to mid 1980's. running behind Joe Fields on the o-line, and Klecko and the gang on defense. nobody could run on the Jets back then. they would have killed the Redskins in that ****ing super bowl.

Even in 1998 they used smoke and mirrors to get it done. they weren't dominating, that's for sure.

Craig James and Steve Grogan say hello! Grogan was a bonafide Jet killer back in the day running the football.

Not against the Jets of 1981-1983. nobody could run the ball against that team. Grogan killed the Jets before that. and Eason and Stanley Morgan killed them after that, along with Andre Tippett, who ruined Ken O'Briens career along with Joe Walton.

The last time the OL controlled the LOS was probably sometime during the Freeman McNeil years.

DL: Probably when we had that "Wuss" John Abraham.

That has been the problem with the Jets for what seems like forever.

They would rather trick you than beat you up. Someone said that once during a game and for the life of me I don't remember who but it rings so true about this franchise.

Even when Parcells was here. They didn't beat people up on the LOS like the Steelers, Pats or Jags do. They would run alot of motion, alot of deception and blitz packages to get the job done.

In all honestly the last time the Jets were a really physical team was probably during the 81-82 playoff years when they had the Sack Exchange and guys like Marvin Powell, Joe Fields anchoring the offensive line.

why did the jets trade john riggins?

They didn't. He left as a Free Agent after the 1975 season.

Yup that's right. Only the Jets could lose a guy to free agency when there basically was no free agency. He signed with the Redskins and gave the Jets a 1st in 1976 and and I think either another 1st in 1977 or a 3rd in 1976.

George Allen who was the coach of the Redskins at the time had no use for draft picks. He usually ended up trading the picks for veteran players.

They didn't. He left as a Free Agent after the 1975 season.

Yup that's right. Only the Jets could lose a guy to free agency when there basically was no free agency. He signed with the Redskins and gave the Jets a 1st in 1976 and and I think either another 1st in 1977 or a 3rd in 1976.

George Allen who was the coach of the Redskins at the time had no use for draft picks. He usually ended up trading the picks for veteran players.

Riggins was also acting like a nut job with the Jets. he had a mohawk, which was unheard of back in the 70's unless you were Travis Bickle. he toned his act down after he got to the Redskins. amazing!

Archived