Jericho Returns Tonight!!!

Mavrik

This has to be one of the best cancelled shows ever.

Episode tonight was fantastic. Looks like the finale is gearing up to be great.

Hopefully, Sci-Fi or USA picks this up.

It's a shame when the networks leave shows hanging and just cancel them. And you wonder why network viewership is down , bigtime.

It's a shame when the networks leave shows hanging and just cancel them. And you wonder why network viewership is down , bigtime.

The funny thing is that networks still refuse to acknowledge the importance of the internet in getting viewership. The first episode of this season has 700,000 downloads and it's the most downloaded show on itunes.

Networks don't give two s***s about fans. They want ratings and advertising. The only thing that gets big ratings nowadays are mindless reality tv shows that require the IQ of a 5 year old to understand.

The funny thing is that networks still refuse to acknowledge the importance of the internet in getting viewership. The first episode of this season has 700,000 downloads and it's the most downloaded show on itunes.

Networks don't give two s***s about fans. They want ratings and advertising. The only thing that gets big ratings nowadays are mindless reality tv shows that require the IQ of a 5 year old to understand.

It was NEVER about the fans. It's all about the Benjamins Mav but I suspect you know this already. ;)

:-k Interesting, I did not realize this. Thanks 128.

Yeah and before scenes for next week they called it the "season finale" and not the "series finale". Could be reading too much into it but who knows. For them to load up and cruise out to Cheyenne next week and end this whole thing seems beyond absurd.

Yeah and before scenes for next week they called it the "season finale" and not the "series finale". Could be reading too much into it but who knows. For them to load up and cruise out to Cheyenne next week and end this whole thing seems beyond absurd.

Yeah I caught that "season finale" too. I looked at Rosemary and we both said "series" then laughed. With the bomb headin there I don't know if I'd be going to Cheyenne anytime soon unless it's for a weiney roast. :P

NBC finished third overall for the evening with its combination of a two-hour edition of The Biggest Loser 5 (5.1/ 8 from 8-10 p.m.), which always manages to get on the map among adults 18-49, and a repeat of Law & Order: SVU (#1: 6.8/11 at 10 p.m.). Next was CBS care of a repeat of NCIS (#2: 6.9/11), which is one of the few shows that can stand up to American Idol, Big Brother 9 (#4: 3.2/ 5), which was squashed opposite Idol and Dancing with the Stars (I did say there was too much reality last night, didn

NBC finished third overall for the evening with its combination of a two-hour edition of The Biggest Loser 5 (5.1/ 8 from 8-10 p.m.), which always manages to get on the map among adults 18-49, and a repeat of Law & Order: SVU (#1: 6.8/11 at 10 p.m.). Next was CBS care of a repeat of NCIS (#2: 6.9/11), which is one of the few shows that can stand up to American Idol, Big Brother 9 (#4: 3.2/ 5), which was squashed opposite Idol and Dancing with the Stars (I did say there was too much reality last night, didn

IMO CBS buried Jericho in this time slot by design. They wanted the show cancelled, they got their wish.

Yep, they looked like the network that cares by listening to the fans and giving Jericho one more chance. Only problem is that chance was a snowball's chance in hell in that time slot. A win win for CBS.

Yep, they looked like the network that cares by listening to the fans and giving Jericho one more chance. Only problem is that chance was a snowball's chance in hell in that time slot. A win win for CBS.

Speaking of hell, it will be a very cold day in hell before I get interested in watching any more new dramas on CBS. The only new drama I'm watching so far this year is New Amsterdam on Fox. A cop show with a twist.

It looks like the effort is switching AWAY from CBS and towards USA and The CW Network.

Here's an email address for the CW:

feedback@CWTV.com

The CW Television Network

4000 Warner Blvd.

Burbank, CA 91522

CA Tel. 818-977-2500

Fax 818-954-7667

And USA

USA Network 30 Rockefeller Plaza

New York, NY 10112

USA Phn: 212-664-4444 Fax: 212-664-3295

http://www.usanetwork.com/feedback/#Contact

Jane Blaney SVP Programming, Acquisition

Direct Digital TV

3650 Millhaven Rd,

Monroe, LA 71203-702

PHONE: 1-877-259-5498

FAX: 318-998-7597

EMAIL ADDRESS- sales@directdigitaltv.com

================================================================================================================================

CBS --Who to contact and how

CBS TELEVISION CITY

(323) 575-2345

7800 BEVERLY BLVD.

LOS ANGELES CA 90036

CBS PARAMOUNT TELEVISON

(323) 956-5000

5555 MELROSE AVE.

LOS ANGELES CA 90038

Nancy Tellem

President, CBS Paramount Network Television Entertainment Group

Responsible for all entertainment operations at the CBS Television Network and the CBS Paramount Network Television production studio --

including development, programming, production, legal and business affairs. (Reports Directly to Les Moonves)

David Stapf

President, CBS Paramount Network Television

Overseas all of the studio's program development and production for series and television movies for the broadcast, basic cable and premium channel markets. (Reports Directly to Ms.Tellem)

Glenn Geller

Senior Vice President, Current Programming; CBS Paramount Network Television

Geller oversees prime time series activities for the Studio

CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

(212) 975-4321 5

1 W 52nd St,

New York, NY 10019

CBS audsvcs@cbs.com Ph:323 575 4913

http://www.scifi.com/help/feedback/

Sci-FI feedback@scifi.com

Mostly because network executives had taken to touting the online success of Jericho for several months, fans still seemed uncertain as the Nielsen-owned Hollywood Reporter broke the news today. CBS is canceling Jericho. The story was confirmed by E! Online.

The ending chosen by CBS next Tuesday will wrap up the season's story line, closing what has been a yearlong challenge with plenty of trials and triumphs for the fan base that convinced CBS to give its show another chance. The outcome, as mentioned on Wednesday, seems to line up lock step with the five reasons being considered to let the show go.

"'Jericho' is unique because the fans saved it

I'm listening to Shaun OMac radio right now. Dan Shotz and Karim Zreik called in and talked to fans for an hour. I believe what fans are lacking most this time around is focus. Many people asked them - Should we do it again? Would it be worth it? Who should we contact? Dan and Karim are in a tricky spot and they can't come out and say - write to this network, do this, do that. But they themselves do have hope. Carol is talking to other networks and Jericho's studio (Paramount) is willing to shop the show around. We need to make an effort to let ourselves be counted and heard. We can convince a cable network that we will follow the show and bring them ratings they could only dream of. When Dan and Karim had to get off the line, Shaun told everyone that the people to contact is the production studio. Hopefully they will realize that we aren't going anywhere, and perhaps they can use our responses/ letters as proof that this show will still have a strong loyal audience- wherever it goes.

Write to:

CBS Paramount

5555 Melrose Ave.

Hollywood, CA 90038

He said after we contact them, and let them know we're on board, we could hit up Direct TV and USA Network.

Other blogtalk tidbits:

* Naughty Melons, they mentioned the Sci Fi network. It doesn't look like they want the show. They are developing a show right now that is somewhat similar to Jericho and the guys said they are not going to want another network's twice canceled show when they are trying to create their own identity with their own series.

*Someone called in and suggested an account be set up where fans could send money for the production budget. Dan and Karim were actually pretty surprised and interested in the idea. The caller did the math, guessing at the budget - and the number of fans - and figured that if each fan paid 40 bucks we'd have enough money for a full 3rd season. They determined that the caller budgeted too high - Dan and Karim laughed saying - it wouldn't even cost that much. (This may seem like a crazy idea but it sounds much better than an idea I saw on the CBS boards last week to send CBS the money.)

*Shaun talked about The Unit not being canceled (yet)- grrrrrr. Not to bash Unit fans but COME ON!

*There was this hilarious moment when a little girl called in (who Shaun knows to be a big fan) and he told her to walk her dog and if she bumps into Nina Tassler she should let her dog off the leash. He took it back, but she said "He would run away from her." Hee.

*Shaun is not pushing for another NUTS campaign, because of the current economy and because it was hard enough last time. The best tactic will be a grassroots campaign of snail mail.

I'm in. How bout you guys?

This just in

thanks for the addresses. Leave it to CBS to do this to us on a Holiday Weekend huh.

The efforts that were discussed were

1) Helping people fix the registration problems at the the Sci-Fi forum.

2) Sending thank yous to Carol Barbee.

3) Flags to CBS/Paramount

4) Letters to potential new networks.

Now, #4 is the tough one and we have feelers out to multiple "contacts" to see what networks are the best targets.

While there was some conflicting information given on Shauns show last night, the two at the moment were USA and Sci-Fi.

There are a few people who have some contacts and are working today to get some clarification as to which of the two, if not a third would be the one to target.

So I ask, please be patient. The goal will be when a network is target to include a ratings comparison of Jericho's worst day to their top shows best day. While jericho didnt pull in ratings worthy of a stay at CBS, the numbers they get appear quite good on another (cable) network.

If you are chomping, and I know you are, as we all need a way to vent right now, start writing the thank you's to Carol.

For those not there, they could include our appreciation of quality programming, her participation in the campaign, whatever you choose.

The goal is to show Carol and the others that we want them to try and shop Jericho. That we are still here and we will follow Jericho wherever they take it. Motivate them to not give up, our fight is no good without their fight.

And don'd just stick to Carol. Write to them all, thank them, tell them to fight, tell them we believe in the continuance of Jericho.

The General will be posting more around 6 or 7 this evening.

Hang in there. There will be plenty to do come this evening.

Thanks for your patience.

here's an address for Carol Barbee

Ms, Carol Barbee,

Executive Producer, Jericho,

CBS/Paramount,

4024 Radford Avenue,

Studio City, CA 91604-2190.

as for SciFi, I listened to Shaun OMacks radio interview w/Dan Shotz and Karim ???? (2 of the exec producers) and THEY said SciFi had passed on picking up the show. Some still want to pressure them.....I'm sure we'll know more tonight.

Thank You's to Carol Barbee

The goal is to show Carol and the others that we want them to try and shop Jericho. That we are still here and we will follow Jericho wherever they take it. Motivate them to not give up, our fight is no good without their fight.

Notes can also include our appreciation of quality programming, her participation in the campaign, whatever you choose.

And don't just stick to Carol. Write to them all, thank them, tell them to fight, tell them we believe in the continuance of Jericho and why.

Ms, Carol Barbee,

Executive Producer, Jericho,

CBS/Paramount,

4024 Radford Avenue,

Studio City, CA 91604-2190.

the plan to save jericho is in effect

this was posted on Jerichonet2.com

Effort #3: Contacting and Convincing Potential Networks

This would be the information you most likely have been waiting for. After speaking to one of our JerichoNet representatives who took the initiative to reach out and contact representatives of the show out of the public spotlight. The information that has been obtained, while verbal, is from a reliable source to Carol Barbee.

This information will provide us with a solid direction in which to proceed. It seems that two networks are in the running as of the present, and contrary to what was already aired, and stated, they are being shopped around on.

The two networks so far are: Sci Fi Channel and the CW.

So what do we do?

We now write letters to them, call them if we can, and even send emails if possible to encourage both these networks of the fan interest, and our interest in either of their networks picking up this fantastic show. Threads will be upcoming momentarily with information, examples and a general direction in which to go.

Thank you all for your patience, and remember, several of us are presently working as hard as we can to verify solid directions for us to go in as a team, and to obtain reliable information.

-Your JNET team

DO NOT email SciFi, they want SNAIL MAIL only...... Per their request

Here's their address

Fans wishing to write SCI FI Channel about picking Jericho up should NOT use the scifiwire@scifi.com e-mail address, but rather send snail mail here: SCI FI Channel, 21st Floor, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112.

This is the exact reason why everyone was being asked to wait.

Presently, Sci-Fi has the broadcasting rights for Jericho, and have the open rights and first dibs on picking it up as a continuing series, since they already own those broadcasting syndication rights.

Sci-Fi seemed like a fit for many reasons yet we were being told earlier that they had their own "Jericho like show" in production and would probably not be interested.

With the Holiday weekend, it was difficult to get confirmations or denials on this. We are being told that Sci-Fi is definitly still in the running.

Jericho's numbers compete with their top rated show and I am gathering the information now to post it.

Tonight, we will be posting an open appeal letter to Sci-Fi stating the reasons why Jericho would be a good fit, stay tuned.

some sample letters

General form letter example:

Hello,

My name is ________________, and I am an avid fan of the TV show Jericho.

I would like to humbly ask your organization to please pick up another season of Jericho, even though it has been cancelled twice by CBS. It is my firm belief that this show would be a great