Jericho Returns Tonight!!!

Mavrik

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What in the sam hell is CW? :shock: I even have DTV and haven't seen it anywhere.

It's when Time Warner or merged with one of the other small networks that I can't think of at the moment. Super Natural is on it . Locally here it's on DTV at #23.

It's time to put the show to rest. They had a good run. They did all they could for it. No use beating a dead horse.

Let the show go out with a bang. I'm disappointed as it was a good show, but 6 months from now I'm probably not going to give a shi* about it anymore.

It's time to put the show to rest. They had a good run. They did all they could for it. No use beating a dead horse.

Let the show go out with a bang. I'm disappointed as it was a good show, but 6 months from now I'm probably not going to give a shi* about it anymore.

you really think the fans will give up that easily?

Might the folks of Jericho have some fight left it them after all? Not long after CBS announced its decision to not renew the drama for a third season (and thus air a series finale Tuesday night), I spoke with executive producer Carol Barbee about the sad news, the "amazing" fans and this week's "emotionally satisfying" conclusion.

TVGuide.com: I'm sorry to hear about the show. We were big fans of it here.

Carol Barbee: You guys were great. I really appreciate it.

TVGuide.com: When did you get word about CBS' decision?

Barbee: Friday. I knew that they had an internal meeting on Thursday, to decide which of the endings we were going to show. At that time they gave us permission to speak to the cast, because we had requested to have 24 hours to speak to them, which I did on the phone, before it went out to the general public.

TVGuide.com: The response on our news blog was astounding, and I've seen two common refrains from the readers. One, some are saying that the fans didn

Jericho Seeks A New Home

Carol Barbee, executive producer of CBS' canceled post-apocalyptic series Jericho, told SCI FI Wire that talks are ongoing to find the show another home, perhaps on a cable network.

"I can't really say [much] about specifics, and, ... partially, it's because I'm not the one having those conversations," Barbee said in an interview on March 24, the eve of the show's final episode. "[CBS] Paramount [Television, which produces the show,] has been pursing it, and our agents have been into that, so, you know, I am pushing those people and coming up with ideas to have those people pursue."

Barbee wouldn't offer details about any talks. "There were several ideas that have been floated, and there was some interest, but we'll have to see," she said. "It wasn't something that could be sewn up before we were going to air the finale. ... It would have been better had we been able to announce one with the other, but it just didn't happen that fast."

Barbee said that she and the show's cast and crew got official word of the show's cancellation at the end of last week, in time to choose one of two endings for the season finale: A cliffhanger or a series ender. "We were told that they were having a meeting on Thursday, ... internally at CBS, to decide which of the endings to show for this Tuesday night's finale, and then we were given the heads up after that meeting that they were going to show the alternate [ending, with the series finale], which obviously to us meant that we were going to finish our run on CBS," Barbee said. Barbee asked CBS to delay its formal announcement for 24 hours so she could inform the cast and crew; the news broke on Friday.

If Jericho is not picked up for another season by a TV network, Barbee said that she could envision it living on in some other form. "There's definitely an Internet series to be had, and we always talked about a graphic novel, and ... a movie," Barbee said. "I mean, there are lots of things that I could easily see as a way to continue the story."

But time may be running out. Jericho wrapped its second season of episodes back in November, just as the writers' strike was beginning. Since then, the cast and crew have been freed to pursue other projects, and the show's sets and backlot have been dismantled and either destroyed or put into storage. Barbee herself has moved on to another series, Swingtown, created by Jericho alumnus Mike Kelley, about the lives of couples experimenting with sexual and social mores in a 1970s Chicago suburb, which will air on CBS this summer and is shooting on the same stages once occupied by Jericho.

Looking back on Jericho, Barbee was pleased that it attracted a core of diehard fans who were responsible for getting CBS to resurrect the show for a second season. "We appreciated the second life that we had, and we feel like we've made the most of it, and we will just be forever indebted to the fans for taking us on this amazing ride," she said. "I think it will always be a highlight in our careers, that we got to be a part of that." Jericho's finale, "Patriots and Tyrants," airs March 25 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

(Fans wishing to write SCI FI Channel about picking Jericho up should NOT use the scifiwire@scifi.com e-mail address, but rather should send snail mail here: SCI FI Channel, 21st Floor, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112.) --Patrick Lee, News Editor

SPOILERS BITCHES!!

HOLY ****BALLS!! If they're trying to tell me that is the season finale, they can lick balls. They left the door standing wide open for a 3rd. season somewhere. I thought it was a pretty good episode but it felt really rushed. There was just too much to stuff into an hour show. I think I might have started tearing up over Hawkin's. Thought we were gonna lose him. :lol: All in all, another good episode. I'll be looking forward to season 3 on Sci Fi. :headbang:

I've watched every show except tonites which I've taped and will watch in the morning. I sadly have to agree with your conclusion. Time to move on.

after you watch the episode you will change your mind

there is so much more they can do with this show

I normally never miss it but I was beat from playing hoops and laid down from 9:30-11 before I came to work. I'll watch it 1st thing in the morning.

Have Jericho fans seen the last of their show, now that CBS has aired the "alternate" ending/series-ender? Executive producer Carol Barbee, who is currently shopping the drama around to other outlets, shares a peek at the original season finale.

TVGuide.com: Will viewers have any burning questions coming out of the alternate ending/series finale?

Carol Barbee: Let me see.... I can tell you that in the original ending, Hawkins has to sacrifice himself to let Jake get away with the bomb and get it to Texas so it can be tested and prove that they were telling the truth. Texas would then swing their support to Columbus and defeat Cheyenne.

TVGuide.com: Does Hawkins mortally sacrifice himself, or just let himself get captured?

Barbee: Well, he gets captured but he's also shot.... He's pretty messed up, and Jake feels like he's leaving him for dead. So we show you where he's taken and you see that the mission for the next season is "We have to go rescue Hawkins and we have to stop these [bad] guys." When they see the alternate ending, it certainly completes the story from this season and tells you everything you need to know to have understood Season 2. It just doesn't point to that next mission. You meet John Smith, the guy who's been pulling the strings. It's [played by] Xander Berkeley (24). You've heard him on phone calls, and Hawkins is surprised by who he is and where he is. So you know who John Smith is, you know who planned the attacks, you know why, you know how....

TVGuide.com: Now it's just a matter of making things right in the United States?

Barbee: Right. We would have moved on to the next level of a civil war between the Cheyenne government and the Columbus government. But if your readers do have any more burning questions, let me know!

TVGuide.com: If Jericho does find a new home on another channel, will Season 3 work off of the alternate ending or the original cliffhanger edit?

Barbee: What we would do is take the information that is in the original ending, and that would be the opener for the next season. When we leave them at the end of the original ending, we've got Hawkins back and he's OK, but we still need to go fight the larger fight. I've always said that the alternate ending doesn't wrap up the series. It just let's you know that everyone is OK and it closes out this 7-episode arc. But we could definitely keep it going!

Is Hawkins gonna' have to choke a bitch? :lol:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/video/hawkins_showcase.php

Hawkins is like a black Jack Bauer. Utter Badass.

Just watched the last episode this morning. Pretty good. Episode was definitely rushed. We meet the mysterious caller and within 30 seconds he's been shot and is now gone (I especially was laughing over the "spy" that Hawkins knew within J&R that gets killed off about 3 minutes into his debut)

The two Texan F-15's shooting down the ASA F-16s were pretty badass too.

(I especially was laughing over the "spy" that Hawkins knew within J&R that gets killed off about 3 minutes into his debut)

:rl: That was great. "I don't trust him (Jake)" BLAM!! You're dead!! Dude should have trusted him. :lol:

not that it matters

ratings for this week

But the news was bleak for the Eye net from 9-11 p.m. with its combination of Big Brother 9 (Viewers: #4, 5.95 million; A18-49: #4, 2.2/ 5) and the series-finale of Jericho (Viewers: #3, 5.99 million; A18-49: #3, 1.9/ 5), which would have had a better chance of survival if the network put it back in the Wednesday 8 p.m. hour.

please sci fi or cw pick up jericho

carol did a radio show last night

main points

Summary of Carol Barbee on Shauns show last night, here is what she said:

CBS PARAMOUNT

1) Keep contacting CBS paramount and Nancy Tellem to tell them you want Jericho to keep going. Be polite but let them know Jericho's audience is still here.

The studio (Paramount) is very motivated to see the show continue because its an asset. CBS on the other hand is done.

CBS PARAMOUNT NETWORK TV

4024 Radford Ave.

Studio City CA 91604

Attn: Nancy Tellem

President, CBS Paramount Network Television Entertainment Group

323 575 2380

SCi-FI CHANNEL

2) Originally Sci-Fi wasnt looking for new episodes but they are getting ALOT OF PRESSURE!!

And talks are still in the works. (our information was correct - we continue after Sci-Fi like we've been doing for days).

Yes, it would be helpful to post on Sci-Fi's forum (forgot who asked, sorry)

The budgets are not that far off and Carol feels that they could work within the budgets available without too much trouble.

3) Also, COMCAST/Direct TV like the deal with Friday Night Lights! (More on this later).

4) Speaking to CBS' Movie Division about a movie also.

5) RP asked when CBS will pull the message board, she doesnt know but will find out.

6) Cast is still on board if it continues

7) Hawkins is still alive, rest easy (question from Shelby)

8) The line about "how does it feel to make history" was for the fans!!

9) It matters what we are doing. It is able to be measured by the networks.

update

Just called at 12:00 pm est and spoke to Charles. He said he had been there for about 30 minutes and he is getting about 1 call every minute. He said there were hundreds yesterday and hundreds the day before. We are in the thousands for a total and the day is still young in California. I asked him if we were making a difference and he said they are logging every call and the number of calls will definitely be factored in on the decision. I asked him if they were shopping Jericho to other companies and he said that as of right now anything is a possibility.

Just that he was logging the call in. I thought he'd ask me something but he didn't. Can we call more than once?

yes sir they are counting calls until friday night

no idea what they are doing with the numbers though

someone posted this at the cbs boards

Nothing sinister. They just decided to log all calls during a five day period. With that CBS/Paramount can go to a potential buyer and say "look at the number of calls we received from interested fans in one week!" If anything this is a good sign of how serious they are in finding Jericho a new home.

I called a few hours ago and talked with the guy for a couple of minutes - then real life took over and i didn't get a chance to post what he said!

I asked what they would be doing with the information and he said that it is one factor they are using in this process -- he didn't elucidate on the 'process', but I take it as a great sign that they are doing 'something'! Like Ichtus said - some ammo for negotiations :-)

He also said they would continue to take calls until end of day tomorrow -

He said that a week's log was enough of a "sampling". Couldn't get him to elaborate further.

I called a few hours ago and talked with the guy for a couple of minutes - then real life took over and i didn't get a chance to post what he said!

I asked what they would be doing with the information and he said that it is one factor they are using in this process -- he didn't elucidate on the 'process', but I take it as a great sign that they are doing 'something'! Like Ichtus said - some ammo for negotiations :-)

He also said they would continue to take calls until end of day tomorrow -

He said that a week's log was enough of a "sampling". Couldn't get him to elaborate further.

Maybe CBS owns a lot of Verizon stock and they just want to raise up the stock price. :P

Archived