• Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
just an update from the creator

"We have a meeting set to pitch it as a movie. There is a meeting coming

up about a graphic novel. I've heard through the grapevine that the

comcast discussions continue.

Fingers crossed.

Carol"

That would probably be the best thing at this point. At this point I'm afraid of it going to a smaller network and completely letting me down with an even smaller budget.

just an update from the creator

"We have a meeting set to pitch it as a movie. There is a meeting coming

up about a graphic novel. I've heard through the grapevine that the

comcast discussions continue.

Fingers crossed.

Carol"

this show takes place in Oklahoma right?

• 3 weeks later...

update from carol

Dear fans of JERICHO,

The flowers are GORGEOUS. I am blown away. Thank

you.

You all continue to amaze and inspire me with your

thoughtfulness, your creativity and your dedication to

the show. I feel so fortunate to be part of this

family.

Dan, Karim and I are hard at work for JERICHO. These

things take time but as soon as we can announce

something concrete, you'll be the first to know.

(Well, we may call Skeet first, but you understand,

right?)

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You brightened my

day and reminded me again of how passionate JERICHO

fans are. Just one of the many reasons I will

continue to fight for a new home for JERICHO.

Sincerely,

Carol Barbee

p.s. More snail mail came in! Thank you to: Angela in West Covina, Bangor ME, Barbara in Twin Falls, Becky in Romeoville, Brenda in St. Louis, Brian in Moorefield, Bridget in Harbor Springs, Carolyn in Benton, Cate in Felton, Chandler in Easley, Cheryl in Yukon, Christine in Fayetteville, Craig in Sunnyvale, Diana in Greenbay, Donna & Ron in Totowa, Donna in NNJ, Doug & Denise in Lansing, Eric in Felton, Gabe in New Bern, Gordon in Baltimore, Gwen in SF Bay Area, Janet in Danville, Jeanine in Roseville, Jo in Alpharetta, Judy in Liberty, Julie in Seattle, Julie in Shoreline, Kathy in Harbor Springs, Katie in Frankfort, Katrina in Fairchild, Mary Alice in Half Moon Bay, Miles in Anthony, R. in Little Falls, Ronda in Wichita, Rose Mary in Louisville, Ross in Willowbrook, Roxanne in Schereville, Sherry in Canton, Simone in Fountain Valley, Sue in Granbury, Velma in Felton, Wendy in Fremont, Wendy in SF Bay Area and William in Hilton

• 2 weeks later...

posted on the jericho mb

update from a producer

Hi Rangers,

I just wanted to let you know that things are most definitely moving still. I got an email from Karim today stating that they have some important Jericho meetings coming up in the next two weeks. While he'd love to say more, he really can't elaborate, but I thought everyone would like to know that meetings are still taking place. I think that is very good thing.

Nothing earth shattering, but I thought knowing the wheels are in motion would be good for our morale. When I asked him if I could share, he said "I just hate to release that kind of info and not be able to provide more. But if you think it will help, definitely do so".

I hope it does help.

He also told me that they'd keep us posted as things develop.

• 2 weeks later...

update

Hey All!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good News coming out from here in Kansas!

On Shauns show earlier today, Jon Stienberg called in and gave mention that negotiations and talks are going VERY VERY positive!

believe he stated that it wasn't just good news but exciting news!! And things were going faster than they anticipated. And also there were a couple of balls rolling and depending on where the first ball lands is where the other ones will go. (Hope I'am getting all this right.)

Also, he said hopefully we will be getting the news sometime soon during the summer.

Some of the things she said was that what "we" rangers have done collectively this campaign are:

making peole listen,everyone is taking notice, of everything.

paramount notices, and could shut any of it down(like legal copyright stuff i think), but it helps them promote the show for sale (not in so many words, but that was the jist);and they would say to carol, "did you see what they did" and since she's already aware, yea, i did, and she's proud of us, we are a huge fan base. it means alot! that a new opportunity would happen because of who the rangers are, there are fan groups that try to copy us , but we are jericho.

that when the producers go into mtgs (for all deals) they want to hear about the nuts, and everything we're doing and that that's what gets them in the door.

there are several deals for all avenues, they want a full tv season too.

actors are working but would be on board

that's all i can think of. for now, i'm sure others will comment or clarify.

she's happy. they're all working on it. looking good. can't say anything for sure till it gets wrapped up tight.

lots of shows get cancelled with more %'s than we had. tv has changed.

She just said that Jon Steinberg got it right yesterday, when he said they are still having meetings to find a future for Jericho in different venues. THEN she said that she had been told by a CBS Parmount exec that a) Nancy Tellum really, really loves Jericho and is not giving up on finding it a home -- and B) that meetings to find it a new home as a WEEKLY TELEVISION SHOW are still ongoing and interest is there!!! Carol just explained (again) how these things can be very complicated and take time to work out.

I agree it is great to finally get some confirmation. Jon said yesterday within the next 7 to 10 days we would likely see the targets for the next phase of the campaig.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived