Jericho Returns Tonight!!!

Mavrik

I was speaking with Shaun on his show tonight. Producers were in talks with Comcast and had negotiated price per episode down top $1.4 million per episode but Comcast wanted to trim it lower and the Producers said no.

I AM kind of mad about this ...i would think the producers would want to give the fans the show back

Reality check kid : The producers don't give a rats a$$ about the fans. It's all about the Benjamins 128 $$$$ . That's it. That's all it ever is about.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

christ, how the hell did this thread get bumped? jetsrule, let it die man. This show's not coming back. it's been almost a year since it got sh**-canned in the first place. it just joins the list of a bunch of great shows (such as Arrested Development) that got cancelled before they're time.

if it makes you feel better, FX is planning a show about some college students igniting the second american revolution.

I was speaking with Shaun on his show tonight. Producers were in talks with Comcast and had negotiated price per episode down top $1.4 million per episode but Comcast wanted to trim it lower and the Producers said no.

I AM kind of mad about this ...i would think the producers would want to give the fans the show back

ya the producers are gonna lose money to satisfy nerds with nuthin better to do

• 2 weeks later...

so did anyone watch or tivio last night?

for the cw ratings were not bad

and lowly the CW, which took back the evening from Media Rights Capital with its combination of a repeat of Jericho (#5: 1.0 rating/2 share at 7 p.m.) and Sunday Movie, Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course (#5: 0.9/ 1 from 8-10 p.m.). While the CW may not sound like much, it did build from the week-ago encore combination of In Harm

• 1 month later...

HA HA **** YOU GUYS

JERICHO MOVIE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

http://www.ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=7427

Exclusive Breaking News: 'JERICHO' THEATRICAL MOVIE IN DEVELOPMENT

Executive producer/Director Jon Turteltaub also talks about JERICHO repeats on CW

By CARL CORTEZ, Contributing Editor

Published 1/14/2009

THE SKINNY: It's the concept that never seems to die, and that's a good thing according to JERICHO executive producer/director.

While promoting his new horror TV series HARPER'S ISLAND for CBS (airing midseason), Turteltaub tells iF that he's really happy about JERICHO's first season being re-aired Sunday nights on the CW.

"It's crazy," says Turteltaub. "I think they're airing it because it's cheap and there's still that feeling that it hasn't really gotten all the attention it can. When I think about the fact, a repeat of JERICHO on CW actually has more viewers than an episode of MAD MEN, you realize the difference between cable and broadcast, you realize the difference between what the press is watching vs. what America is watching. And I bring up MAD MEN, because it's a brilliant show. But it's still fun to see the show won't die."

So if the show proves to be a CW success, could it come back to broadcast TV with new episodes?

"If it was like this remarkable success, they would bring it back," Turteltaub says.

Of course, the big news is Turteltaub's company is currently hatching a potential feature film version of the TV show.

"We're developing a feature for JERICHO," says Turteltaub. "It would not require you to have seen the TV show, but it get into life after an event like this on a national scale. It would be the bigger, full on American version of what's going on beyond the town in Jericho."

And what about the TV cast - would they return?

"Oh yeah!"

And would it be a huge budget?

"Anything would be a huge budget compared to what we were dealing with," he adds. "If we had $40 million dollars to make a movie with, that's 20 times more than we did before."

• 1 month later...

JERICHO IS COMING BACK.........................................................................................................................

AS A COMIC BOOK

DEVILS DUE PUBLISHING & CBS CONSUMER PRODUCTS GIVE NEW LIFE TO FAN-FAVORITE TV SERIES JERICHO WITH NEW COMIC BOOK SERIES CHICAGO - March 5, 2009 - Devil's Due Publishing (DDP) has announced a deal with CBS Consumer Products to publish a new comic book series tied to fan-favorite Jericho, the one-hour drama series that garnered critical acclaim and ran on CBS for two seasons, from 2006-2008. The series centered on the residents of the fictional town of Jericho, Kansas in the aftermath of nuclear attacks on 23 major cities in the contiguous United States. The comic book series will pick up where the television program left off, answering many questions for its passionate fans. DDP has teamed up with the show's creators and producers to develop an authentic story that will hit comic book retailers this fall.

Jericho fans are some of the most dedicated in the world of television. In 2007, devotees to the show produced by CBS Paramount Network Television rallied together to bring back the fan-favorite which was initially cancelled after just one season. The show returned for a seven-episode second season, but was not renewed for a third season. While fans received a little more closure with the end of season two, there were still loose ends that could be addressed.

"Jericho is alive and well, thanks to the amazing fans who've driven us to find new and fresh ways to tell the Jericho story," says Dan Shotz, Co-Executive Producer of Jericho. "Josh Blaylock and the DDP team are great partners and have shown a true love for our show. We are so thrilled about this comic book series and the endless possibilities for the future of Jericho."

Joining Shotz in developing the comic book will be most of the original creative team including Jon Turteltaub, Carol Barbee, Karim Zreik, and Jon Steinberg.

"I can't tell you how cool it is for DDP to be able to continue the Jericho story in comic book form," says DDP President Josh Blaylock. "We plan to give fans the story they've been craving. This is going to be epic stuff."

• 8 months later...

Archived