Redskins and Free Agency!

bobbyjet69

Just saw on Total Access (NFL Network) that the Redskins are very interested in Chad Johnson and Lance Briggs! Their #1 priority is a big time receiver in free agency! How the f*%k can they afford this when they are over the cap by something like 25 million!!

I know this was in another thread somewhere, but can someone explain how this is possible without cutting half the team or restructuring everyones contract?:confused0082:

Just saw on Total Access (NFL Network) that the Redskins are very interested in Chad Johnson and Lance Briggs! Their #1 priority is a big time receiver in free agency! How the f*%k can they afford this when they are over the cap by something like 25 million!!

I know this was in another thread somewhere, but can someone explain how this is possible without cutting half the team or restructuring everyones contract?:confused0082:

They have been doing this for the past 7 years.. I dont know who does there cap finances but we need to steal him from them... they sign everyone... they suck and lose alot but still always seem to have money to sign everyone..

They can turn salary into signing bonus and spread that throughout the life of the contract. Players love this because the money is garunteed where as salary isnt. This also makes it more difficult to cut said player. Remember Vinny T a few years ago?

Another way is restructuring contracts way out into the future. Randle El, Randy Thomas and Andre Carter all just reworked their contracts.

http://www.redskinswarpath.com/WarpathRedskinsCap.htm?vbseourl=redirect/WarpathRedskinsCap.htm

Archived