DE

jetpower10

Most 34 lineman aren't the best rushers, there main objectives it to be good against the run and hold the tackle and TE or tackle and OG depending on the side they are one, which frees up the OLBs to blitz more affectively. I could possibly see corey williams playing a good 34 DE, but I think Tommy Kelley would also be a good option. There are a lot of guys in this draft who could be an affective 34 DE, my favorite is probably Dre Moore.

Most 34 lineman aren't the best rushers, there main objectives it to be good against the run and hold the tackle and TE or tackle and OG depending on the side they are one, which frees up the OLBs to blitz more affectively. I could possibly see corey williams playing a good 34 DE, but I think Tommy Kelley would also be a good option. There are a lot of guys in this draft who could be an affective 34 DE, my favorite is probably Dre Moore.

I'm hoping the sixth pick can grab us Ellis, and we can interchange Drob and ellis at the LDE position. We won't get a ton of pass rush, although both could shoot the gaps on occassion, the real pressure should come from an OLBer that is probably not on the roster yet.

It seems clear that we are not going to get the 'true' NT this year, a good fix for that is finding help for drob in stopping the run.

My vote is Ellis, if he is available.

There are a lot of guys in this draft who could be an affective 34 DE, my favorite is probably Dre Moore.

Mine, too. In fact, I'd reach and take him in the second round. I'd love to get Merling or Balmer but I think both are mid-first rounders. I think this roster spot is a huge priority.

I'd be happy with Balmer, Moore, or Merling but if we get to day 2 without picking a DE I like DeMario Pressley from North Carolina St. He has the size and athleticism to make an excellent DE in the 3-4. Also, has the ability to play pass coverage. Would make a strong value pick in the fourth.

I'm hoping the sixth pick can grab us Ellis, and we can interchange Drob and ellis at the LDE position. We won't get a ton of pass rush, although both could shoot the gaps on occassion, the real pressure should come from an OLBer that is probably not on the roster yet.

It seems clear that we are not going to get the 'true' NT this year, a good fix for that is finding help for drob in stopping the run.

My vote is Ellis, if he is available.

If we could get a nose through a trade who would your choices be?

If we could get a nose through a trade who would your choices be?

If we could get a NT? I'd probably take one of the top tier corners. Some might say it's a reach, but finding that NT position would allow the defense to do so much more than it currently does. We still need to replace Hobson, and two slots on the o-line, IDK, it all depends on free agency i guess.

If we could get a NT? I'd probably take one of the top tier corners. Some might say it's a reach, but finding that NT position would allow the defense to do so much more than it currently does. We still need to replace Hobson, and two slots on the o-line, IDK, it all depends on free agency i guess.

One of those big dudes like K. Jenkins from Carolina..He's about 350 right..that would help!

Our offense is terrible.... we need to address that first...d played much better since the bye week.

Jets defense impressive since bye-week

By Gregg Hayim

Posted Dec 6, 2007

For the second straight season, the Jets have emerged from the bye week looking like a completely different defensive football team

What gives?

"It's tough to think about now," safety Kerry Rhodes said on Thursday. "Because, you know, the way we're playing now. To think that we could have gotten it fixed earlier, but I think that after the bye week you get a lot of time to really reflect on what you have done. What you have done well, what's worked for you; and what's not been good for you. During the regular season, you go from one opponent to the next opponent so you don't really have time to reflect on the things that you have done well too much."

Perhaps Rhodes has a point.

An off-week not only affords a team time to heal, but it also provides time for a unit to assess their own mistakes, and mend those as well.

A Jets defense that recorded just three sacks over the course of the first nine games has recorded 13 in the past three. It has been the D-Line that has the bulk of those sacks, but a lot of their success should be credited to solid play from the secondary.

Given the way the season has unfolded, the Jets have several young players seeing significant playing time on their defense. Some of which were not starting earlier in the season. The inexperience of the group is a fact that Eric Mangini says is pivotal toward explaining why his team has looked so drastically better over the past few games. "You figure that Darrelle (Revis) is new to the system and David (Harris) is new to the system, Abram Elam is new to the system. Hank (Poteat) has played in the system, but he's really a new starter," Mangini said. "There's Kenyon Coleman, he was in a similar system but he's new. So as those reps build up and those people work together and you do get a chance to step back and look at some of the assumptions that you made going into the season defensively versus what the reality is versus the challenges you face in the second half and are able to take those into account as well. It all plays in together." The Jets defense draws another tough assignment this season when the overachieving Browns, and their fourth-ranked offense, come to town. Browns quarterback Derek Anderson has been impressive and the Jets ability to

Our offense is terrible.... we need to address that first...d played much better since the bye week.

Jets defense impressive since bye-week

By Gregg Hayim

Posted Dec 6, 2007

For the second straight season, the Jets have emerged from the bye week looking like a completely different defensive football team

What gives?

"It's tough to think about now," safety Kerry Rhodes said on Thursday. "Because, you know, the way we're playing now. To think that we could have gotten it fixed earlier, but I think that after the bye week you get a lot of time to really reflect on what you have done. What you have done well, what's worked for you; and what's not been good for you. During the regular season, you go from one opponent to the next opponent so you don't really have time to reflect on the things that you have done well too much."

Perhaps Rhodes has a point.

An off-week not only affords a team time to heal, but it also provides time for a unit to assess their own mistakes, and mend those as well.

A Jets defense that recorded just three sacks over the course of the first nine games has recorded 13 in the past three. It has been the D-Line that has the bulk of those sacks, but a lot of their success should be credited to solid play from the secondary.

Given the way the season has unfolded, the Jets have several young players seeing significant playing time on their defense. Some of which were not starting earlier in the season. The inexperience of the group is a fact that Eric Mangini says is pivotal toward explaining why his team has looked so drastically better over the past few games. "You figure that Darrelle (Revis) is new to the system and David (Harris) is new to the system, Abram Elam is new to the system. Hank (Poteat) has played in the system, but he's really a new starter," Mangini said. "There's Kenyon Coleman, he was in a similar system but he's new. So as those reps build up and those people work together and you do get a chance to step back and look at some of the assumptions that you made going into the season defensively versus what the reality is versus the challenges you face in the second half and are able to take those into account as well. It all plays in together." The Jets defense draws another tough assignment this season when the overachieving Browns, and their fourth-ranked offense, come to town. Browns quarterback Derek Anderson has been impressive and the Jets ability to

Don't overrate our defense b/c it played ok in some meaningless games. Our front 7 stinks. Cannot stop the run or rush the QB in this 3-4 scheme.

Archived