Seahawks | Wahle signs multi-year contract

Smizzy

Seriously guys, do you expect them to sign and bring everyone in?? He is 30 years old and isn't on the upswing in turn of talent/play, he wasn't a must sign type of player. If there was a reason the packers let him go 4 years ago and the panthers are letting him go now (they are keeping both tackles, most likely because they believe wahle is replaceable) than he's not someone we need on our offensive line. Yes, he definately woudl have been an upgrade, but i would wait to see the contract he got before getting all up in arms about it.

Didn't you say this exact same thing last year?

Yes, but last year the FA oline pool consisted of leonard davis and eric steinbach?? I can't think of another quality OG or RT we could have brought in. Atleast this year we have a much larger pool as well as the draft, I would wait until the end of the offseason to really judge the front office. I'm sure they are well aware they need an upgrade at those positions and aren't going to go into the season with Adrien Clarke and Clement as the incumbent starters.

In his three seasons with Carolina he reached the Pro Bowl once and another year was the top alternate. Yep, he is really in decline. :rolleyes:

30 is not old for an Offensive Lineman.

The least they could've done was have a cup of coffee with the guy. Do they really want to have Adrien Clarke playing Left Guard again in 2008? The Jets should be interviewing YOU if you were 6'5, 300+lbs for their Left Guard position. Anybody but Clarke.

Yes, but last year the FA oline pool consisted of leonard davis and eric steinbach?? I can't think of another quality OG or RT we could have brought in. Atleast this year we have a much larger pool as well as the draft, I would wait until the end of the offseason to really judge the front office. I'm sure they are well aware they need an upgrade at those positions and aren't going to go into the season with Adrien Clarke and Clement as the incumbent starters.

Leonard Davis who wasn't good last year, he was DOMINANT. Whoever would we want a MONSTER dominant RG?

In his three seasons with Carolina he reached the Pro Bowl once and another year was the top alternate. Yep, he is really in decline. :rolleyes:

30 is not old for an Offensive Lineman.

The least they could've done was have a cup of coffee with the guy. Do they really want to have Adrien Clarke playing Left Guard again in 2008? The Jets should be interviewing YOU if you were 6'5, 300+lbs for their Left Guard position. Anybody but Clarke.

Thats all it takes? I should try out...

I'll take Pace :thumbup:

Yeah, whoopie. Calvin Pace. Yeah, he really lived up to his first round potential. Of course, just like Antwan Odom, he stepped up in the final year of his rookie contract. Boy I wonder why. :rolleyes:

I don't trust him or Odom to perform after they land 5 year, $20-35 million deals. If the Jets sign either, hopefully I'm proved wrong.

Yeah, whoopie. Calvin Pace. Yeah, he really lived up to his first round potential. Of course, just like Antwan Odom, he stepped up in the final year of his rookie contract. Boy I wonder why. :rolleyes:

I don't trust him or Odom to perform after they land 5 year, $20-35 million deals. If the Jets sign either, hopefully I'm proved wrong.

There's always Michael Haynes.

There's always Michael Haynes.

What the infatuation with him some Jets fans had during Training Camp is beyond me.

Hey, can we get Bobby Hamilton back? That should sure up the DLine. While we're at it, lets call Jumbo. Maybe he'll return to the NFL to fill our LG position.

As far as Wahle I heard rumours as soon as he was released that he was heading to the Seahawks. The Seahawks run game as really dropped off since they lost Hutchinson to the Vikings. I would have loved to see Wahle as our left guard next year but it was not to be.

Pace played as a down lineman his first 2 season....they stood him up last yr and he was great.

Seriously guys, do you expect them to sign and bring everyone in?? He is 30 years old and isn't on the upswing in turn of talent/play, he wasn't a must sign type of player. If there was a reason the packers let him go 4 years ago and the panthers are letting him go now (they are keeping both tackles, most likely because they believe wahle is replaceable) than he's not someone we need on our offensive line. Yes, he definately woudl have been an upgrade, but i would wait to see the contract he got before getting all up in arms about it.

Once you've been around here long enough you'll realize that for a lot of posters the answer to your question is YES. SIGN EVERYONE OR YOU"RE ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL.

Or you can just make excuses for an awful FO and a cheap owner doing nothing like some others.

I don't think there was ANY realistic chance of us getting Wahle, Michael. I think Seattle contacted him as soon as he was released, he talked to Holmgren and it was done.

I don't think there was ANY realistic chance of us getting Wahle, Michael. I think Seattle contacted him as soon as he was released, he talked to Holmgren and it was done.

There's always a reason for why the Jets don't go out and get the players they need isn't there?

I don't get this theory about "free agency hasn't started yet" as an excuse.

Last time I checked, Seattle isn't in a different league yet they went out and signed this guy. Seems they plan on starting him next season if all goes well and moving Rob Sims over to RG.

Yeah a team who has made the playoffs 5 years in a row goes after a 30 year old guy and plans to start him, yet the Jets aren't even in discussions....It still is a wait and see but this crap about FA not starting as an excuse is just stupid. Like I said, it didn't seem to stop the Seahawks.

Whether you like this guy or not he is better than what the Jets currently have. Yeah the guy has some ties to Seattle, but it doesn't seem the Jets had any interest. And if a playoff team plans on starting him, I'd say the Jets never even looking at him is a stupid move. If the Jets had some young talent, then why not. Right now they have nothing... And this guy could have come a lot cheaper than some free agents will. And he sure would have improved the OL.

And last time I checked, they haven't exactly replaced their DC yet either.

Archived