More and more dirt

DonCorleone

It seems Bill did not realize it was not OK to videotape opponents since 2000- this from an supposedly experienced assistant in the NFL. Seems to be a stretch.

What also caught my eye is the "Walsh is scared" part....

BTW, Bonds did not know that "The Clear" contained an illegal substance.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3246788

When the truth does come out...NE better get used to 8-8 as a good season.

Its pretty obvious that the nfl wanted to cover this up or even get rid of everything quickly before it got too big and affected this great game.. They were wrong and now its coming to light..

Btw.. Not because im a jet fan or anything but still that first round pick they got taken from them should have been awarded to the jets...

Its pretty obvious that the nfl wanted to cover this up or even get rid of everything quickly before it got too big and affected this great game.. They were wrong and now its coming to light..

Btw.. Not because im a jet fan or anything but still that first round pick they got taken from them should have been awarded to the jets...

I agree...also the pick taken away...should have been, the better of the two first rounders. Can you imagine how many first rounders they would owe if the truth comes out as to how many other teams they have cheated? Heck, they may never have a 1st rounder again.

The punishment was supposedly for cheating over a period of time. Not just the Jets game. That's why they couldn't award the pick to the Jets. Besides, they did that to lots of teams over the years and the Jets tape was taken away before the half. I think that every team would let the Pats tape if it meant they'd get a first rounder.

This media lynching really needs to stop. All this crap is such old news. And if this Walsh guy had any goods, where are they? Everyone has been taping since way past 2000. The Patriots are the poster team for bad behavior. Hooray for me. BB loves stretching the rules and squirming around them within the "spirit" of the rule. That is what he did. He got busted. Done. He, nor the Pat, have lied about any of it. Throughtout this witch-hunt. No lies. Nadda.

This media lynching really needs to stop. All this crap is such old news. And if this Walsh guy had any goods, where are they? Everyone has been taping since way past 2000. The Patriots are the poster team for bad behavior. Hooray for me. BB loves stretching the rules and squirming around them within the "spirit" of the rule. That is what he did. He got busted. Done. He, nor the Pat, have lied about any of it. Throughtout this witch-hunt. No lies. Nadda.

How convenient....Let's just forget about it....

Walsh actually may have more credibility than most other witnesses if he has any concrete evidence. He leaked nothing to the media as far as tapes are concerned. He said nothing thereby not breaking his confidentiality agreement and he has consulted with his attorney before his every move. I say be afraid...be very afraid of what he actually has to show or has to say.

Coming from someone who has called Jets fans plenty of names over the years, I find this post of yours comical.

I missed the ceremony. But congratulations on being appointed Judge of what qualifies as old news. He broke the rules and when he was caught he didn't lie.

That's just swell. Johnny Green Balls do me a favor and make Belly a ribbon. He deserves a prize, no doubt.

They haven't lied? Nadda? They cheated. Directly in violation of the rules and the memo which they received same as every other team. I'm supposed to feel I can trust them because they admitted that they cheated when caught in flagrante delicto?

How convenient....Let's just forget about it....

Walsh actually may have more credibility than most other witnesses if he has any concrete evidence. He leaked nothing to the media as far as tapes are concerned. He said nothing thereby not breaking his confidentiality agreement and he has consulted with his attorney before his every move. I say be afraid...be very afraid of what he actually has to show or has to say.

The only reason that piece of **** "consults with his attorney" is because he knows he will be sued if he starts spouting off. I'm pretty sure that the only reason we haven't seen any tapes is because they don't exist. I will bet it will only amount to another he said she said.

Great BS post.

I am sure it is old news to Patriots* fans, but if you were a fan of one of the other teams, that had to go up against the Patriots* two times a year since this began, it wouldn't be old news at all.

BZ

The NFL afraid cheating in SuperBowls will tarnish game for years to come..Why does NFL/Pats put stipulations on Walsh's immunity then. The Senate will have to step in where the NFL is afraid to go.

firingsquadie8.jpg

Walsh signed a nondisclosure agreement with the Patriots. If, and it's a big if, he has a video of the alleged walk through from Super Bowl XXXVI then the Pats could go legally after him.

No one even knows when Walsh was fired and/or left the Patriots, let alone what kind of credibility he has.

Walsh signed a nondisclosure agreement with the Patriots. If, and it's a big if, he has a video of the alleged walk through from Super Bowl XXXVI then the Pats could go legally after him.

No one even knows when Walsh was fired and/or left the Patriots, let alone what kind of credibility he has.

That depends. If his tape uncovers wrongdoing he might be entitled to some form of "whistleblower protection", as they say in the AFN ads. What are the Pats going to recover from Walsh if he has the video? What are their damages? That he uncovered that they cheated the Rams and owe a minimum of winners' share/ring value? They aren't going to hold him responsible for that. If he has the smoking gun they are dead. That's why I don't think he has it.

That depends. If his tape uncovers wrongdoing he might be entitled to some form of "whistleblower protection", as they say in the AFN ads. What are the Pats going to recover from Walsh if he has the video? What are their damages? That he uncovered that they cheated the Rams and owe a minimum of winners' share/ring value? They aren't going to hold him responsible for that. If he has the smoking gun they are dead. That's why I don't think he has it.

I don't think he has anything either. The guy is a mystery to me.

From what I've read he worked for the Pats for a period of time (no one knows how long or exactly what he did except the Pats) and is now a Golf Pro in Hawaii.

Another thing that bothers me is that I've read reports that says he's "scared."

Scared of what? Has he confused Belichick with Tony Soprano or something?

If he has the smoking gun they are dead. That's why I don't think he has it.

It will be interesting to see. I personally think Walsh does have tapes of some kind based on his statements to ESPN some time ago. I personally keep all e-mails and anything I can use against an employer if they were to do me wrong. Most people should. We shall see soon enough though.

I don't think he has anything either. The guy is a mystery to me.

From what I've read he worked for the Pats for a period of time (no one knows how long or exactly what he did except the Pats) and is now a Golf Pro in Hawaii.

Another thing that bothers me is that I've read reports that says he's "scared."

Scared of what? Has he confused Belichick with Tony Soprano or something?

I'm sure if there were any discrepencies with his employment it would have been "leaked" by the NFL by now. NFL security is like the KGB. I would be scared too.

I'm sure if there were any discrepencies with his employment it would have been "leaked" by the NFL by now. NFL security is like the KGB. I would be scared too.

I've read conflicting reports. Some say he left the Pats in 2003 while others say he was fired in January of 2001.

If he left in 2003 he would have been a Patriots employee when the Super occurred. If he was fired in January of 2002 he would been unemployed.

I've read conflicting reports. Some say he left the Pats in 2003 while others say he was fired in January of 2001.

If he left in 2003 he would have been a Patriots employee when the Super occurred. If he was fired in January of 2002 he would been unemployed.

I think you mean January of 2002 or 2003. I did not here January of 2001- but yes I have heard conflicting reports too. I thought the Pats/Rams game was played in January of 2002?

More like the FBI........

Mr. Specter said he may hold hearings into the case, which also possibly involved the Philadelphia Eagles, who lost to the Patriots in the Super Bowl after the 2004 season.

He said one witness he's talking to is Matt Walsh, the former Patriots video director who may have been involved in taping the St. Louis Rams' walk-through practice the day before they lost to the Patriots on Feb. 3, 2002.

"Matt Walsh is the guy who supposedly taped the walk-through on the Rams game,'' Mr. Specter said. "The picture's starting to fit together. I've been talking to Walsh's lawyer.''

Mr. Specter said the lawyer indicated Mr. Walsh was being investigated "by a guy named Dick Farley, who is an NFL security guy and a former FBI agent.

"I asked Goodell about it and he said Farley does work for NFL security but that he didn't know anything about it.

"The plot thickens.''

Mr. Aiello said yesterday that Mr. Farley is looking at public records and verifying Mr. Walsh's employment history.

Mr. Specter said he's been informed that the practice of Mr. Belichick's staff illegally taping opposing coaches goes back to his days in the 1990s when he coached the old Cleveland Browns. He said Mr. Goodell told him they never looked into that.

"When you have a pattern,'' Mr. Specter said, "you look for when the pattern started.''

So you honestly think that when BB said that he didn't know he was breaking the rules that he was being truthful?

Gee...let's look at this again. According to this article and as related by Goodell, Belichick thought it was ok to tape as long as it was not used in that game.

If Belichick thought this was illegal, would he have that guy standing on the Jets' sidelines near one of his former coaches and about 10 feet from the coach getting recorded? I doubt it.

Maybe Specter should do a class action lawsuit against the Eagles and Reid. If they tipped their hand during a pre-season game they should be sued and then fired.

I think you mean January of 2002 or 2003. I did not here January of 2001- but yes I have heard conflicting reports too. I thought the Pats/Rams game was played in January of 2002?

You're right. Damn NFL screwing me up with the regular season occurring in one calendar year while the playoffs occur the next!

Gee...let's look at this again. According to this article and as related by Goodell, Belichick thought it was ok to tape as long as it was not used in that game.

If Belichick thought this was illegal, would he have that guy standing on the Jets' sidelines near one of his former coaches and about 10 feet from the coach getting recorded? I doubt it.

Maybe Specter should do a class action lawsuit against the Eagles and Reid. If they tipped their hand during a pre-season game they should be sued and then fired.

Belicheck received a letter in 2006 warning him that his tapings were illegal and needed to stop.

And you were saying?

Here is an excerpt from an article in July of 2007 written by Don Banks at SI.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/07/06/cheating.nfl/index.html

The "stealing'' of signs -- both on offense and defense -- is the area that's most often cited as fertile ground for cheating. The most common practice is for a team to videotape an opponent's signal-givers on the sideline, and later marry up those indications to the game tape in order to identify tendencies or patterns.

Though no disciplinary action by the league ever resulted, the Patriots last year were reportedly the impetus of a sternly written letter from the league office to all teams, reminding them that it was illegal for an advance scout or personnel official to bring a video recording device of any kind into the press box for the purposes of taping a potential opponent's signals or play-calling gestures from the sideline.

Teams have also been chastised for having a second camera in the press box-area video box, with one camera shooting the game action and the other one being trained on the opposing team's signal-givers. On offense, that's why coaches have taken to holding their play-calling charts in front of their mouths when they're sending in the play to the quarterback via the radio headset system.

On defense, teams have gone to having two different signal callers, with one being a dummy signaler and other being responsible for the "hot,'' or real, call. Other teams use different color wrist bands during a game, with the defensive captain switching to a different color before each series, and the defensive signal-caller calling formations and blitzes from a list that corresponds with that color.

"That type of sign-stealing goes on a ton in the league,'' said one NFL source who was both a former coach and player in the league. "From a coaching standpoint, you know who's signaling in the personnel on the opposing sideline, and then there's another guy making the play calls on the headset. Defenses used to watch the play-caller, and if a guy spoke for a real long time, that was usually a pass, because the calls take longer. A run is always a shorter call. So coaches shield their mouths when they're calling plays now. If you make your calls out in the open, the other team will steal your signals and your tendencies.''

Why Belichick continued to tape in 2007 is beyond me and just about every Pats fan I've spoken with. If it was such an advantage as some have claimed, why did BB have the camera guy in plain view on the sideline?

The NFL has known this stuff has been going on League wide for a long time.

Why Belichick continued to tape in 2007 is beyond me and just about every Pats fan I've spoken with. If it was such an advantage as some have claimed, why did BB have the camera guy in plain view on the sideline?

The NFL has known this stuff has been going on League wide for a long time.

If it wasn't an advantage then why do it?

I don't know why he had a camera man in plain view. That is a good question.

Archived