Will 24 Survive 2 year layoff?

SouthernJet

8 shows in can. Will stuff get leaked?

Will people after 2 year layoff say ho-hum...

Fox: '24' on shelf until next January

NEW YORK (AP) -- One fallout of the Hollywood writers strike is that fans of Fox's drama "24" have to wait until next January to see Jack Bauer again.

The network has committed to air a full season on consecutive weeks and had been planning to start last month. If it had started airing new episodes soon, the season finale would not have taken place until the summer, when TV networks rarely show their high-profile programs.

Even though eight episodes for this season had already been filmed before the beginning of the writers strike, producers would have had to ramp up production soon to complete the season.

So "24" represents this television season's most prominent casualty due to the writers strike.

A January 2009 start seemed the best way to comply with viewers' wishes that a season's episodes run without interruption to conclusion, Fox said on Thursday.

8 shows in can. Will stuff get leaked?

Will people after 2 year layoff say ho-hum...

Fox: '24' on shelf until next January

NEW YORK (AP) -- One fallout of the Hollywood writers strike is that fans of Fox's drama "24" have to wait until next January to see Jack Bauer again.

The network has committed to air a full season on consecutive weeks and had been planning to start last month. If it had started airing new episodes soon, the season finale would not have taken place until the summer, when TV networks rarely show their high-profile programs.

Even though eight episodes for this season had already been filmed before the beginning of the writers strike, producers would have had to ramp up production soon to complete the season.

So "24" represents this television season's most prominent casualty due to the writers strike.

A January 2009 start seemed the best way to comply with viewers' wishes that a season's episodes run without interruption to conclusion, Fox said on Thursday.

from what i read, the plot for this year was weak anyway

I think it depends on what other shows are on at that point and what their popularity is. Even with a weaker storyline, it still may be the strongest among what else is airing.

A friend loaned me the DVDs. Couldn't get through season 3 with Salazar.

Should I give it a chance again or just let it go? Hmmmmm.

I think it depends on what other shows are on at that point and what their popularity is. Even with a weaker storyline, it still may be the strongest among what else is airing.

With the amount of Reality TV on...Shows like 24 should go on forever.

Season 3 was the worst of the bunch I dont blame you but season 4 and 5 kicked arse

season 6 - was just like 3 -- meh

• 2 weeks later...

Archived