K2C

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wonderful

I am sick of this FO

these empty promises, who is lying now?

Kendall,Coles...Mangina?

Yes ... Coles is too young and inexperienced to understand that if its not in writing it never happened. Poor, naive Laverneous taken advantage of by the big, bad Jets FO just like a little schoolgirl. Sniffle, sniffle.

I'm not buying.

Seems to me the Jets are the ones who were lied to. Coles told them he'd play five seasons for an agreed upon sum of money but now he's threatening not to play for the agreed upon sum. Send him to KC for a pick.

send him to KC for a pick

Actually a damn good idea. Doubt the Vikes would go for it though. EVen though that move there probably makes them a playoff team and a contender in the NFC.

absolutely.. Chad is better then tavaris jackson.. and coles would upgrade there wr team..big sidney rice with a speedy coles..and a great running game with peterson...

Actually a damn good idea. Doubt the Vikes would go for it though. EVen though that move there probably makes them a playoff team and a contender in the NFC.

i've thought the vikes would be a perfect landing spot for chad for a while now...it's a dome, an NFC team, gets to play the Lions twice a year...Sending Coles with him would ensure he gets a cuncussion by the end of training camp, but if the vikes want him...take him.

:shake:

Next time a player gets asked to restructure to free up some cap room or whatever, he needs to tell Manginibaum "F U." It's obvious our team is now being run by lying scumbags who don't care about the results of their treachery.

No player who is paying attention is going to agree to anything that's not in writing.

It has become as hard to be a Jets fan as it ever was, and I'm counting both the Walton and Kotite years.

Next time a player gets asked to restructure to free up some cap room or whatever, he needs to tell Manginibaum "F U." It's obvious our team is now being run by lying scumbags who don't care about the results of their treachery.

No player who is paying attention is going to agree to anything that's not in writing.

It has become as hard to be a Jets fan as it ever was, and I'm counting both the Walton and Kotite years.

Players like restructuring because they get more upfront guarenteed money. It works to both their advantage and the teams.

Players like restructuring because they get more upfront guarenteed money. It works to both their advantage and the teams.

The bottom of the article states the Jets have offered to gaurantee the final two years of his contract (at $11MM)... I think Coles should get a back-loaaded 5-year contract that has an injury clause; see if he can stay on the field for 5 years before bitching about not having long-term security.

Hey Bob last time I checked the Jets finished the season at 4-12 they havent been to a Super Bowl since 1969.When do players ever sacrifice the $$$ for the team.If management wants to build a winning a team they ask players to restructure so they can bring in more players to win.Athletes and not only Coles are all about the $$$$ and not about winning.

The NFL and all other professional sports needs to set a salary chart limiting these big exhuberant contracts.The players should be payed based on performance and merit.The fans pay for these guys to buy drugs and guns,get involved in illegal activities and all the lavish cars and homes they own.

Money is ruining sports anyone who feels differently needs to open up their eyes.

So Coles doesn't want to follow through on the 5 year deal HE signed, and Mangini and Co. are the lying scumbags?

So Coles doesn't want to follow through on the 5 year deal HE signed, and Mangini and Co. are the lying scumbags?

I'm taking Coles at his word that the team promised him a long-term deal. Obviously, none of us know what conversations they had.

Based on the Pete Kendall fiasco, however, I find Coles has more credibility than the Jets' FO does.

Coles is a warrior no doubt the guy gives us 110% each and ever play.Financially speaking though a 4-12 team has needs. If restructuring will hinder those needs in anyway then so be it. Coles has to realize its not all about him. We have other players we need to get on this team to WIN.

I think the implication is that if Coles were to play out his contract at a certian level that the organization would then compensate him for that, but I think Coles deep down knows that he is physically incapable of doing so anymore.

Coles is getting worn down and is looking for his last big pay day, at the expense of the Jets.

He knows at the rate of his decline that he will never garner the money he once did, now hes just trying to make sure he gets paid.

Let some other saps sign him long term and see what they get.

I don't know how OBVIOUS it is to everybody Bob. There's always 2 sides to every story. Let's not forget Coles left once before for the lure of the FA$$.

Archived