Pats and NFL could make this so simple

SouthernJet

" In our view, Walsh needs to have an opportunity to say what he knows without fear that he'll be immediately called a liar -- and then sued.

Finally, and as we've noted a couple of times in the past, why don't the Patriots merely release Walsh from his confidentiality agreement? If the team is confident in its position and secure in the notion that it has done nothing wrong (other than, you know, the stuff to which it already has admitted), then there should be no issue. By not providing Walsh with a vehicle for speaking absent fear of litigation against the blue-suited sharks from Covington & Burling, the league and the Patriots risk creating the perception that they're trying to keep the truth from coming out. "

Another goo point made in this article. The NFL is hiding something and the other 31 owners should get together and get Goddell, BB and Kraft out of the game as soon as possible.

I agree as far as im concerned the NFL is tarnished and will remain that way until something is done and someone is held accountable for what transpired.

Another good point made in this article. The NFL is hiding something and the other 31 owners should get together and get Goddell, BB and Kraft out of the game as soon as possible.

You mean like the fact that alot of teams are doing what the Patriots wre caught at?

That you people continue to look the other way is laughable.

You mean like the fact that alot of teams are doing what the Patriots wre caught at?

interesting argument WHEN some other team gets caught with tapes,,

so far only one has ....

drum roll.....................................

ladies and gents, may i introduce the :

Pats_Cheaters-398x224.jpg

Well i don't believe that every single team does it so until some other teams get accused then it will be just the Pats? Everything thing else would just be speculation.

interesting argument WHEN some other team gets caught with tapes,,

so far only one has ....

drum roll.....................................

ladies and gents, may i introduce the :

Pats_Cheaters-398x224.jpg

Ok. Let's use your belief then. Why did every team get the memo saying not to do it?

Drum roll...............................................they all or a good portion do it.

Well i don't believe that every single team does it so until some other teams get accused then it will be just the Pats? Everything thing else would just be speculation.

Yeah, don't let the fact that Jimmie Johnson and Vermiel says it has been going omn forever get in the way of your head in the sand belief.

You're presuming that every other team done it. It's proven that the Pats have done it. A lot.

No. It was prooven the Patriots are dumb enough to get caught.

Ok. Let's use your belief then. Why did every team get the memo saying not to do it?

Drum roll...............................................they all or a good portion do it.

Yeah, don't let the fact that Jimmie Johnson and Vermiel says it has been going omn forever get in the way of your head in the sand belief.

No. It was prooven the Patriots are dumb enough to get caught.

You are pathetic.

I didn't say it hasn't been going on forever. I just said that no other team as been accused, proven, or came out and said they were doing it.

I don't see how throwing out 2 names of people who are not coaching now helps.

I didn't say it hasn't been going on forever. I just said that no other team as been accused, proven, or came out and said they were doing it.

I don't see how throwing out 2 names of people who are not coaching now helps.

According to the lunatic Jet Nation, the Patriots are the only people who have ever done this.

Jimmie Johnson said he did the same exact thing as a Chiefs Scout.

Vermiel said it has been going on forever.

What it shows is that the Patriots are not the only ones to do this. If they were, that memo would have went to them and they would have been slammed alot harder then they were in September.

Saaay Einstein. Here's a great question. If the Cheaters got a memo to stop why did the arrogant **** continue to do it and get caught? We're waiting.

Mis-interpretation of the rules. Didn't you read the articles? :rolleyes:

Seriously, why do you speed? 99.9% of the time you get away with it. Why do OL hold on every play? They get away with it. Same for DBs grasping the jersey. WRs pushing off. He probably thought he would get another memo. I think it is obvious Goodell is alot less tolerant of BS then Tags. He F'd up and both he and team paid a price.

According to the lunatic Jet Nation, the Patriots are the only people who have ever done this.

Jimmie Johnson said he did the same exact thing as a Chiefs Scout.

Vermiel said it has been going on forever.

What it shows is that the Patriots are not the only ones to do this. If they were, that memo would have went to them and they would have been slammed alot harder then they were in September.

They always send memos on league issues to eveeryone even if it is only one team or player doing it. Back in 1998 when Keyshawn was doing the throat slash thing after catching a touchdown the league also sent out a memo to the whole league. It is customary.

Mis-interpretation of the rules. Didn't you read the articles? :rolleyes:

Seriously, why do you speed? 99.9% of the time you get away with it. Why do OL hold on every play? They get away with it. Same for DBs grasping the jersey. WRs pushing off. He probably thought he would get another memo. I think it is obvious Goodell is alot less tolerant of BS then Tags. He F'd up and both he and team paid a price.

Bull****. The rule is very clearly written. You are grasping at anything here.

Everyone in my company got the memo on Sexual Harassment. That was just the company making sure it had covered it's bases legally.

Is that the level of the arguments Pats fans are coming up with now? That Goodell sent the letter out to everybody therefore everybody must have been doing it?

Are you serious?

Everyone here had to read the TOC too.... Does that mean all of us are cussing abusers?

you arent serious are u??

thats the way business always operate,,

make a blanket statement about a infraction, i.e people stealing supplies, to stop the crime. if u dont have video of someone stealin but u see supllies dwindling, this is what u do..

Unless you have proof, which NFL didnt when memo came out, you make ageneral statement,,,when they did have proof, they fined pats and took draft pick..

you really dont get it do u?

They always send memos on league issues to eveeryone even if it is only one team or player doing it. Back in 1998 when Keyshawn was doing the throat slash thing after catching a touchdown the league also sent out a memo to the whole league. It is customary.

The clincher for me is this: the league destroyed the evidence. Destroyed, people. Make any other argument you like, you cannot explain this in a rational fashion. What legitimate investigation anywhere in the free world, destroys evidence immediately after declaring the investigation complete. I can understand wanting to defend your team. But believing that there is no smoking gun when evidence is destroyed (by the investigative body) like this is tantamount to insanity. It is like believing Roger Clemens is telling the truth.

Roger Clemens said he didn't do steroids or HGH. Tell Belly to run with the B12 story, it seems to be a winner.

True. However, Dick Vermiel has been well respected throughout his NFL career. Roger has a history of being a lying coniving piece of $hit. WHich one has more credibility Max?

you arent serious are u??

thats the way business always operate,,

make a blanket statement about a infraction, i.e people stealing supplies, to stop the crime. if u dont have video of someone stealin but u see supllies dwindling, this is what u do..

Unless you have proof, which NFL didnt when memo came out, you make ageneral statement,,,when they did have proof, they fined pats and took draft pick..

you really dont get it do u?

Ok. The rule was on the books prior to the Patriots being accused of the same thing by the Packers and before they were caught last year. Why?

Maybe because as Jimmie Johnson said, he was doing it as a Chiefs' scout.

Don't let the truth get in the way of your circle jerk though.

Bull****. The rule is very clearly written. You are grasping at anything here.

Reading comprehension. First sentence followed by that "seriously" should have been a clue but you have never been known for grasping the obvious.

True. However, Dick Vermiel has been well respected throughout his NFL career. Roger has a history of being a lying coniving piece of $hit. WHich one has more credibility Max?

Ok. The rule was on the books prior to the Patriots being accused of the same thing by the Packers and before they were caught last year. Why?

Maybe because as Jimmie Johnson said, he was doing it as a Chiefs' scout.

Don't let the truth get in the way of your circle jerk though.

Reading comprehension. First sentence followed by that "seriously" should have been a clue but you have never been known for grasping the obvious.

You are a f'n c.u.n.t.

If you read Walshs' stuff (via attorney) it wants to be protected in the future - not now. He has protection now - via the NFL. What this means is that he wants all the rights to his book deals (probably full of lies) in the future. The dude is looking to make a buck.

What intrigues me the most is that before - during the taping stuff - the Pats made no public statement, saying it was a league matter. Immediately following this allegation, the Patriots made an official statement saying this stuff was completely false. Think what you want of the Pats organiation, but they have never out and out lied.

Btw, RSJ, that is a dispicable word you used towards PFSIKH. I have a lot of respect for you as a poster, and I know Kansas is a guy - but geez louise, get a grip. This man is fighting a war for you right now. WAY out of line.

If you read Walshs' stuff (via attorney) it wants to be protected in the future - not now. He has protection now - via the NFL. What this means is that he wants all the rights to his book deals (probably full of lies) in the future. The dude is looking to make a buck.

What intrigues me the most is that before - during the taping stuff - the Pats made no public statement, saying it was a league matter. Immediately following this allegation, the Patriots made an official statement saying this stuff was completely false. Think what you want of the Pats organiation, but they have never out and out lied.

Btw, RSJ, that is a dispicable word you used towards PFSIKH. I have a lot of respect for you as a poster, and I know Kansas is a guy - but geez louise, get a grip. This man is fighting a war for you right now. WAY out of line.

Re read it - the NFL want stipulations and Walsh doesn't. Yes he wants total protection which would probably protect him if he wants to come out with a book - but it would also protect him from frivolous lawsuits that claim he is lying when he is not.

PFSIKH fighting in a war is his decision and not mine. Sorry but if someone wants to throw insults around then so will I.

WTF

this guy is fightin for u!!!

so what if he is a pats fan

I appreciate it.

But I didn't walk him down to recruiting station with a gun to his head and make him sign up to fight. He knew both the risks and rewards.

So I'm not going to sit here and let him talk to me like s.h.i.t.

Now go kiss your girlfriend Garb for me.

Re read it - the NFL want stipulations and Walsh doesn't. Yes he wants total protection which would probably protect him if he wants to come out with a book - but it would also protect him from frivolous lawsuits that claim he is lying when he is not.

PFSIKH fighting in a war is his decision and not mine. Sorry but if someone wants to throw insults around then so will I.

Calling your readng comprehension skills into question hardly equal your verbal bomb. Anyway....

.....so if this dude is lying, The Pats and the NFL can't sue? And you don't think this is about money?

Listen, the Pats got busted for taping - a tactic almost every NFL team employs - a memo went out saying "stop it!" bb, the arrogant schmuck that he is, figured his interpretation of the rules were "okay" - he got busted. Boo-hoo for BB. He actually deserved it. The taping of the Rams walk-thru I will not beleive until it's absolutely proven. I have a hard time believing a college scout who was fired and who decided to "hint" to this event a day before the SB. Call me cynical. LOL! However, if true - then BB should be banned from the NFL. And if he is, then I would not blame him for spilling the beans on every team that has employed these same tactics. That would save the US taxpayers a heck of a lot of dollars - instead of wasting it away on ridiculous senate hearings when there is a war going on, a recession looming, a health care system in shambles, etc.

Calling your readng comprehension skills into question hardly equal your verbal bomb. Anyway....

.....so if this dude is lying, The Pats and the NFL can't sue? And you don't think this is about money?

Listen, the Pats got busted for taping - a tactic almost every NFL team employs - a memo went out saying "stop it!" bb, the arrogant schmuck that he is, figured his interpretation of the rules were "okay" - he got busted. Boo-hoo for BB. He actually deserved it. The taping of the Rams walk-thru I will not beleive until it's absolutely proven. I have a hard time believing a college scout who was fired and who decided to "hint" to this event a day before the SB. Call me cynical. LOL! However, if true - then BB should be banned from the NFL. And if he is, then I would not blame him for spilling the beans on every team that has employed these same tactics. That would save the US taxpayers a heck of a lot of dollars - instead of wasting it away on ridiculous senate hearings when there is a war going on, a recession looming, a health care system in shambles, etc.

Archived