I mock you, you mock me II.

drago

Since Bob loves mock drafts, i couldn't resist.

Resignings

Kerry Rhodes - extended 5 years, 20 millions, 4 million SB. (this should keep him happy, lord knows we need him.

Dewayne Robertson - Renegotiated salary. If this were to happen it could be messy since he is used to making so much damned money because of his draft position. Anyone else happy we are not in the top five? 4 years, 12 million, 2 million SB.

Victor Hobson - I hate him more than anyone on this roster, well, next to Bryan Thomas, but it's close. We should resign him for cheap since he is one of the worst starting players on our roster, meaning he'd be the worst player on 50% of the teams in the NFL. I don't know the numbers for vets, but the minimum, or let him walk.

Anthony Clement - He's not as bad as many on this board will have you believe. He should be a serviceable back up.

Trades

* Jonathan Vilma, and our 2009 6th round pick, to Detroit for their 2008 second round pick (46th overall)

* Chad Pennington and Laverneous Coles to Kansas City for their 2nd (36th overall) and 4th (127th overall)

Cuts

David Barrett

Eric Coleman

Justin McCareins

Adrian Clarke

Marques Tuiassasopo

Matt Chattham

Brad Kassel

Free Agent signings

If I know the Jets like I think I know the Jets, they will not be anywhere near grabbing Terrell Suggs, Asante Samuel, or Alan Faneca. All three players will be highly sought after, and remember there are 30 other teams bidding for their services. The Jets are notoriously low ball bidders and are very confident that their track record of bargain bin free agents should be enough to have this franchise turn the corner (VanOlehoffen, Clarke, Jones, resigning Bryan Thomas :puke:)

Stacy Andrews (Offensive Guard)- This will be the only big name player we grab, but with the potential for trades this season, it might be all we need to solidify the offensive line. Andrews should give us consistent guard play and more importantly a solid push from the left side of the line, which has clearly been lacking. With Jones ever decides to pull the string from between his legs he could find himself in the endzone before week 10. Good for him.

Josh McCown (Quaterback)- I have always like McCown, he never got a fair shake in the desert, and in my opinion should have been the starter in both Detroit and Oakland. If Kellen doesn't pan out, McCown should be able to come in and win games.

Lawyer Milloy (Safety)- (no this is not a big name, he's old) Milloy just became available and would be a perfect player to follow in the, ever imposing shoes of great Jet defenders as Chattam, Kassel, Hobson, and Coleman. I'm not sure if Mangini had any dick tickeling effect on Lawyer in his days at New England, but Milloy would give us good situational presence, namely, the red-zone.

Nick Ferguson (Safety)- Ferguson isn't good, but he isn't bad either. With how much Eric Smith goes down with injury, it would be nice to have another veteran behind, or in front of him.

Calvin Pace (Outside Linebacker)- Probably just a flash in the pan type player, but should give us more than Bryan Thomas. In fact, if we signed a second team high school player, he would out preform Thomas. So this signing, couopled with the draft should put BT where he belongs, the bench.

2008 Draft

1st round (6th overall) - I have a feeling McFadden will still be available since the only team i could see taking him in the top five would be Oakland. I have expressed my opinion of not wanting a log jam at running back, and that it would be too much money invested in one position. Is anyone forgetting that we still have Leon? (enter the, "he's too small comments") The Fargas signing in Oakland really has no bearing on weather they take McFadden or not, i'm assuming they do not take him. In that case, the Jets choose to not take Michael Bennett the second and.......TRADE

Jets give up number 6 overall, receive from Dallas; 1st (22nd overall), 1st (28th), 4th (??), and Bobby Carpenter (I have always liked Carpenter, and Big Ten defenders, he hasn't been getting a ton of playing time in Dallas, so they may view him as expendable.

1st (22nd overall) - Derrick Harvey, OLB, Florida - Seems to be a safe pick, kids has speed and power (cliche as hell, but whatever) and with no Nose Tackle available, this would be best player available.

1st (28th overall) - Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan - Could be the deep threat Kellen needs to stretch the field, and allow Cotchery to be the possession receiver that he is. THis pick alone should get Chris Baker more receptions underneath, thus helping Kellen even further. If Mendenhall is still available, which I doubt, don't be surprised to see another Jets' trade. I'd be happier grabbing Manningham.

2nd (36th (from Kansas City) - Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College - After having struck out with our last BC alum, lets see if we can treat this one with a little more respect, and hope that he follows the long line of quality linemen from said school.

2nd (37th) (from our ****ty ass season) - Dre Moore, DT, Maryland - Good size for a 43 defensive tackle, also good enough size to play LDE, or some NT to spell Pouha and Robertson. This will not be a 'two birds with one stone' meaning, pass rush and run defense, but it will help against the run, which has been a struggle for the Jets for a little over two decades.

2nd (46th) (from Detroit) - Patrick Lee, CB, Auburn - Has not played corner for his entire career with the Tigers, but did play very well the past two seasons with the opportunities he's seen. With this draft being so deep at CB, Lee should be a very quality corner and be able to match up against the bigger receivers. He is 6 foot, and 196 pounds, runs a 4.41 40, which isn't the best, but Revis ran at a similar time and has played just fine.

3rd (69th) - Frank Okum, NT, Texas - Could be a bit of a reach, but if hem and Moore pan out they could be the new foundation of Mangini's 34/43 defense. This will also give Mangini the ability to move guys around in different packages and protect us against an injury to one of our starting linemen.

4th (127th) (from Kansas City) - Too much of a crap shoot for the rest of the picks, I would like to see a guard like Mackenzy Bernadeau from Bentley, or a different guard in this area. This draft is, again, deep at guard and tackle, we should be able to find a good back up for Andrews, and/or replacement for Moore.

Starting Lineup

Offense

QB - Kellen Clemens, Josh McCown, Ratliff

RB - Leon Washington, Thomas Jones, (late round rookie RB)

WR - Mario Manningham, J. Cotcher, Stukey, Wright, Smith

FB - :rl: Schottenheim knows what a fullback is?

TE - Chris Baker, Ryan

LT - D. Fergesun, Clement, Bender

LG - S. Andrews, Montgomery

C - N. Mangold, Wade Smith

RG - B. Moore, (4th round rookie), Mongomery, Bender

RT - Cherilus, Clement, Bender

Defense

LDE - D. Moore, Ellis, Pace, Pouha

NT - D. Robertson, Okum, Pouha

RDE - Coleman, Okum, Pouha

LOLB - Bobby Carpenter/Bownes, Pace, thomas, Hobson, Ellis

ROLB - Derrick Harvey/Bryan Thomas/Calvin Pace (camp battle)

ILB - D. Harris, Hobson, Carpenter

ILB - E. Barton/Carpenter, Hobson

CB - D Revis, D. Colemen

CB - J. Miller, Lee, Poteat

SS - K. Rhodes, Milloy

FS - E. Smith/Milloy/Fergesun/Elam (camp battle)

I realize it's a lot of trades, but that is the position we are currently in.

Agree with most of your moves. Gosder Cherilus should be high on the Jets wishlist. Big, strong, good technique and comes from an excellent school for linemen.

Kellen Clemens did not perform well enough last year to merit the Jets shipping off Pennington AND Coles for a 2nd round pick. That trade would be highway robbery for the Chiefs and probably rebuild their offense with one move.

There is no way we are going to get a 2nd and a 4th for Coles and Pennington.

Pennington is worthless. No team would give anything better than a 6th or 7th rounder for Chad. Most likely would be a conditional pick to 5th rounder if he performs.

Coles will not get a 2nd rounder. He has a terrible injury history. If he was 25 yrs old maybe, but a 30yr old wide receiver will not generate a 2nd rounder.

And Vilma certainly wont get a 2nd rounder coming off 2 bad seasons and a major injury he has yet to prove he has recovered from. Maybe he could get a 4th. If the Jets were on the other side of the trade, would you make it? I dont think any Jets fan would be very happy giving up a 2nd rounder for a player with 2 crappy years and a major injury.

The only way they are going to get any value for any of these players is if another team gets desperate and needs to trade up.

Resignings

Kerry Rhodes - extended 5 years, 10 millions, 4 million SB. (this should keep him happy, lord knows we need him.

Dewayne Robertson - Renegotiated salary. If this were to happen it could be messy since he is used to making so much damned money because of his draft position. Anyone else happy we are not in the top five? 4 years, 12 million, 2 million SB.

Victor Hobson - I hate him more than anyone on this roster, well, next to Bryan Thomas, but it's close. We should resign him for cheap since he is one of the worst starting players on our roster, meaning he'd be the worst player on 50% of the teams in the NFL. I don't know the numbers for vets, but the minimum, or let him walk.

Anthony Clement - He's not as bad as many on this board will have you believe. He should be a serviceable back up.

Trades

* Jonathan Vilma, and our 2009 6th round pick, to Detroit for their 2008 second round pick (46th overall)

* Chad Pennington and Laverneous Coles to Kansas City for their 2nd (36th overall) and 4th (127th overall)

Cuts

David Barrett

Eric Coleman

Justin McCareins

Adrian Clarke

Marques Tuiassasopo

Matt Chattham

Brad Kassel

Free Agent signings

If I know the Jets like I think I know the Jets, they will not be anywhere near grabbing Terrell Suggs, Asante Samuel, or Alan Faneca. All three players will be highly sought after, and remember there are 30 other teams bidding for their services. The Jets are notoriously low ball bidders and are very confident that their track record of bargain bin free agents should be enough to have this franchise turn the corner (VanOlehoffen, Clarke, Jones, resigning Bryan Thomas :puke:)

Stacy Andrews (Offensive Guard)- This will be the only big name player we grab, but with the potential for trades this season, it might be all we need to solidify the offensive line. Andrews should give us consistent guard play and more importantly a solid push from the left side of the line, which has clearly been lacking. With Jones ever decides to pull the string from between his legs he could find himself in the endzone before week 10. Good for him.

Josh McCown (Quaterback)- I have always like McCown, he never got a fair shake in the desert, and in my opinion should have been the starter in both Detroit and Oakland. If Kellen doesn't pan out, McCown should be able to come in and win games.

Lawyer Milloy (Safety)- (no this is not a big name, he's old) Milloy just became available and would be a perfect player to follow in the, ever imposing shoes of great Jet defenders as Chattam, Kassel, Hobson, and Coleman. I'm not sure if Mangini had any dick tickeling effect on Lawyer in his days at New England, but Milloy would give us good situational presence, namely, the red-zone.

Nick Ferguson (Safety)- Ferguson isn't good, but he isn't bad either. With how much Eric Smith goes down with injury, it would be nice to have another veteran behind, or in front of him.

Calvin Pace (Outside Linebacker)- Probably just a flash in the pan type player, but should give us more than Bryan Thomas. In fact, if we signed a second team high school player, he would out preform Thomas. So this signing, couopled with the draft should put BT where he belongs, the bench.

2008 Draft

1st round (6th overall) - I have a feeling McFadden will still be available since the only team i could see taking him in the top five would be Oakland. I have expressed my opinion of not wanting a log jam at running back, and that it would be too much money invested in one position. Is anyone forgetting that we still have Leon? (enter the, "he's too small comments") The Fargas signing in Oakland really has no bearing on weather they take McFadden or not, i'm assuming they do not take him. In that case, the Jets choose to not take Michael Bennett the second and.......TRADE

Jets give up number 6 overall, receive from Dallas; 1st (22nd overall), 1st (28th), 4th (??), and Bobby Carpenter (I have always liked Carpenter, and Big Ten defenders, he hasn't been getting a ton of playing time in Dallas, so they may view him as expendable.

1st (22nd overall) - Derrick Harvey, OLB, Florida - Seems to be a safe pick, kids has speed and power (cliche as hell, but whatever) and with no Nose Tackle available, this would be best player available.

1st (28th overall) - Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan - Could be the deep threat Kellen needs to stretch the field, and allow Cotchery to be the possession receiver that he is. THis pick alone should get Chris Baker more receptions underneath, thus helping Kellen even further. If Mendenhall is still available, which I doubt, don't be surprised to see another Jets' trade. I'd be happier grabbing Manningham.

2nd (36th (from Kansas City) - Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College - After having struck out with our last BC alum, lets see if we can treat this one with a little more respect, and hope that he follows the long line of quality linemen from said school.

2nd (37th) (from our ****ty ass season) - Dre Moore, DT, Maryland - Good size for a 43 defensive tackle, also good enough size to play LDE, or some NT to spell Pouha and Robertson. This will not be a 'two birds with one stone' meaning, pass rush and run defense, but it will help against the run, which has been a struggle for the Jets for a little over two decades.

2nd (46th) (from Detroit) - Patrick Lee, CB, Auburn - Has not played corner for his entire career with the Tigers, but did play very well the past two seasons with the opportunities he's seen. With this draft being so deep at CB, Lee should be a very quality corner and be able to match up against the bigger receivers. He is 6 foot, and 196 pounds, runs a 4.41 40, which isn't the best, but Revis ran at a similar time and has played just fine.

3rd (69th) - Frank Okum, NT, Texas - Could be a bit of a reach, but if hem and Moore pan out they could be the new foundation of Mangini's 34/43 defense. This will also give Mangini the ability to move guys around in different packages and protect us against an injury to one of our starting linemen.

4th (127th) (from Kansas City) - Too much of a crap shoot for the rest of the picks, I would like to see a guard like Mackenzy Bernadeau from Bentley, or a different guard in this area. This draft is, again, deep at guard and tackle, we should be able to find a good back up for Andrews, and/or replacement for Moore.

Starting Lineup

Offense

TE - Chris Baker, Ryan

Defense

LOLB - Bobby Carpenter, Pace, thomas, Hobson, Ellis

ILB - E. Barton, Hobson, Carpenter

CB - D Revis, D. Colemen

SS - K. Rhodes, Milloy

FS - E. Smith/Milloy/Fergesun (camp battle)

Some issues I have with this mock:

D-Rob is still at Nose Tackle??? Someone get me a loaded gun violent085.gif

If Okam can play NT (which I doubt he can) he should be the starter, I'm sick to death of Roberston being pushed around.

Mario Manningham I'm not a fan of at all. Cotchery would be our only proven WR, which would not be good at all IMO.

I do like most of the moves there and you did keep it realistic for the most part. Leon starting would be great but it won't happen IMO. I'd love that trade and the Harvey pick (not a fan of Manningham so hated that pick). Overall it's a good mock.

Resignings

Kerry Rhodes - extended 5 years, 10 millions, 4 million SB. (this should keep him happy, lord knows we need him.

Trades

Cuts

David Barrett

Eric Coleman

Justin McCareins

Adrian Clarke

Marques Tuiassasopo

Matt Chattham

Brad Kassel

Free Agent signings

2008 Draft

Starting Lineup

Offense

TE - Chris Baker, Ryan

Defense

LOLB - Bobby Carpenter, Pace, thomas, Hobson, Ellis

ILB - E. Barton, Hobson, Carpenter

CB - D Revis, D. Colemen

SS - K. Rhodes, Milloy

FS - E. Smith/Milloy/Fergesun (camp battle)

Manningham a first year starter? May God have mercy on us all.

Agree with most of your moves. Gosder Cherilus should be high on the Jets wishlist. Big, strong, good technique and comes from an excellent school for linemen.

Kellen Clemens did not perform well enough last year to merit the Jets shipping off Pennington AND Coles for a 2nd round pick. That trade would be highway robbery for the Chiefs and probably rebuild their offense with one move.

See below post, but i think it is a reasonable trade. Coles is a receiver that jumps in to contribute right away, and Pennington could save herms job. We need the picks, so stacking the Chiefs isn't really a concern. (stacking...did i just say pennington is 'stacking' a team? lol)

Pennington is worthless. No team would give anything better than a 6th or 7th rounder for Chad. Most likely would be a conditional pick to 5th rounder if he performs.

Coles will not get a 2nd rounder. He has a terrible injury history. If he was 25 yrs old maybe, but a 30yr old wide receiver will not generate a 2nd rounder.

And Vilma certainly wont get a 2nd rounder coming off 2 bad seasons and a major injury he has yet to prove he has recovered from. Maybe he could get a 4th. If the Jets were on the other side of the trade, would you make it? I dont think any Jets fan would be very happy giving up a 2nd rounder for a player with 2 crappy years and a major injury.

The only way they are going to get any value for any of these players is if another team gets desperate and needs to trade up.

Argue with P North on that one. I think the trade is more than possible.

Some issues I have with this mock:

D-Rob is still at Nose Tackle??? Someone get me a loaded gun violent085.gif

If Okam can play NT (which I doubt he can) he should be the starter, I'm sick to death of Roberston being pushed around.

Mario Manningham I'm not a fan of at all. Cotchery would be our only proven WR, which would not be good at all IMO.

I do like most of the moves there and you did keep it realistic for the most part. Leon starting would be great but it won't happen IMO. I'd love that trade and the Harvey pick (not a fan of Manningham so hated that pick). Overall it's a good mock.

Find us a NT that can take his place. The only NT's available would be through trade (hampton), or the draft, Okum, or Bryant. Either way, Robertson looks like he will be the nose for this team in 08.

Manningham a first year starter? May God have mercy on us all.

He's a first round reciever, this FO builds through the draft, i don't see that stopping now.

Find us a NT that can take his place. The only NT's available would be through trade (hampton), or the draft, Okum, or Bryant. Either way, Robertson looks like he will be the nose for this team in 08.

Kris Jenkins or Shaun Rogers are two players I'd love to see us go after.

Otherwise, I'd maybe take a shot at Sedrick Ellis.

Kris Jenkins or Shaun Rogers are two players I'd love to see us go after.

Otherwise, I'd maybe take a shot at Sedrick Ellis.

I'd be ok with rogers, or jenkins as well, neither of them played 34 NT, although i think it can be taught. I like Sedrick Ellis, if he is there ta 6 and Bennett...i mean McFadden, is gone at 6 i'd be happy with Ellis. If he is the pick, the jets better hold on to their anger in week one when Ellis gets blown back ten yards just as d-rob used to.

They are too similar in size, if you want ellis, you better resign d-rob, or another DT to help him out at LE.

I'd be ok with rogers, or jenkins as well, neither of them played 34 NT, although i think it can be taught. I like Sedrick Ellis, if he is there ta 6 and Bennett...i mean McFadden, is gone at 6 i'd be happy with Ellis. If he is the pick, the jets better hold on to their anger in week one when Ellis gets blown back ten yards just as d-rob used to.

They are too similar in size, if you want ellis, you better resign d-rob, or another DT to help him out at LE.

If we sign Ellis I'd love to switch to a 4-3 D. But that's not going to happen. I think he's a much better prospect for that position than D-Rob, he gets immense push and has shown in college that he's virtually unblockable 1 on 1. Big enough or not, I see him as a player who will command double teams almost every down, something D-Rob did not. That would really help as a 3-4 NT.

No bad. No need to cut Tuiasosopo or Erik Coleman. They are both FA. I don't see any reason to resign Wade Smith (another FA) or Hobson. Hobson won't take a vet minimum deal, he's started his whole career. Valuable depth for somebody if nothing else.

I agree with redoing DRob's deal. I don't think he'll be so easy to replace. Not the optimal NT, but it's not like other DTs will be any help. Sederick Ellis looks promising, but is more of an undersized penetratro. I'd be afraid of getting another DRob. Not sure if Okam will be around at 3 and I'd rather get more of a Nose specific prospect like Red Bryant or Rubin depending how high they are going to go. Maybe Clebert from So Fla later on. Somebody with an NFL NT body.

Don't agree with signing two ancient safeties. Lawyer Milloy? Eh. Nick Ferguson? Been there done that. Both well over 30 and on the decline. You leave out Elam. I know he made some boneheaded plays, but he showed promise and I don't see any reason to give up on him. I think he is signed for the the vet min and shows life on ST. I'd be perfectly happy going into the season with Smith and Elam again rather than blowing more $$ at SS.

At LB, I fully expect Bowens to be back. He'd showed some life toward the end of last season. I'd rather see some more picks at LB before picking up Carpenter and Pace, but better to get the vets and take what falls in the draft. All the trades are kind of iffy and I'm not sure how much I love going with Manningham at #1 WR. I'd sign a vet before either safety or Pace if I were moving Coles.

1) Why would the Lions send their 2nd round pick for Vilma, who is coming off on a knee injury and only has 1 or 2 years left on his contract?

2) Why would KC, a young team going through a rebuilding process, give up a 2nd AND a 4th, LOL for an aging weak armed QB and a 30 year old WR who is screaming for a long term deal?

3) And Dallas is gonna deal us 2 picks plus a young player for our 6th pick? I guess if McFadden falls we have a chance, but I just dont see that happening.

Trades

Cuts

David Barrett

Eric Coleman

Justin McCareins

Adrian Clarke

Marques Tuiassasopo

Matt Chattham

Brad Kassel

Free Agent signings

2008 Draft

I like it. I agree with you wholeheartedly in three ways: I would trade Vilma, Chad, Coles and everyone else who doesnt fit the scheme or is disgruntled or has more value to another team than to the Jets; I would trade out of the sixth pick if I could get good value in return in terms of first day picks; and, I would like to see the Jets load up on big defensive lineman.

If a trade with Dallas goes down then the value chart indicates a third round pick in addition to the two first rounders (you have a fourth). I would take Carpenter too, but he's been a bit of a bust so far with DAL so I wouldnt be so quick to pencil him in as starter; anyway, I think he's an ILB not an OLB, which is better because thats where the Jets can use a break (ie, someone to beat out Barton), assuming they can draft Harvey or another top OLB prospect.

I think Cherilious will be gone by the time the Jets pick in the second round (all the teams that pick ahead of the Jets in the second round need him, too). Might have to settle for a lesser prospect (Nicks from Nebraska?). Anyway, I'd like for the Jets to sign Andrews and a guy like Rex Hadnot in addition to drafting a good prospect (there is room on the bench for Clement AND Moore).

No bad. No need to cut Tuiasosopo or Erik Coleman. They are both FA. I don't see any reason to resign Wade Smith (another FA) or Hobson. Hobson won't take a vet minimum deal, he's started his whole career. Valuable depth for somebody if nothing else.

I agree with redoing DRob's deal. I don't think he'll be so easy to replace. Not the optimal NT, but it's not like other DTs will be any help. Sederick Ellis looks promising, but is more of an undersized penetratro. I'd be afraid of getting another DRob. Not sure if Okam will be around at 3 and I'd rather get more of a Nose specific prospect like Red Bryant or Rubin depending how high they are going to go. Maybe Clebert from So Fla later on. Somebody with an NFL NT body.

Don't agree with signing two ancient safeties. Lawyer Milloy? Eh. Nick Ferguson? Been there done that. Both well over 30 and on the decline. You leave out Elam. I know he made some boneheaded plays, but he showed promise and I don't see any reason to give up on him. I think he is signed for the the vet min and shows life on ST. I'd be perfectly happy going into the season with Smith and Elam again rather than blowing more $$ at SS.

At LB, I fully expect Bowens to be back. He'd showed some life toward the end of last season. I'd rather see some more picks at LB before picking up Carpenter and Pace, but better to get the vets and take what falls in the draft. All the trades are kind of iffy and I'm not sure how much I love going with Manningham at #1 WR. I'd sign a vet before either safety or Pace if I were moving Coles.

Honestly, i forgot about Bowens. Since Mangini and I seem to have that in common, maybe i can coach the Jets?

Elam just bothers me, he's just a hitter, no way to leave him as a starter. I am of the opinion you can put a vet behind a young gun like Rhodes and have the vet fill space, and make sure things are in order. I'd be ok with starting a rookie safety as well, not sure if Lee could man that position, but i'd love to see a rookie in our secondary for 2008.

As for my linebackers; Pace and Carpenter. NE seems to stock pile backers and keep them fresh throughout the game. No way we could do that with Chattam and Kassel, i think Mangini will hit that position hard this offseason, I'm expecting to see two new faces in the starting linebacking corp (bowens not included, i'm expecting bowens,___, ___, and Harris).

I'm not sure if Dallas would part with Carpenter, but he seems like the type of player Tangini would be interested in.

I like it. I agree with you wholeheartedly in three ways: I would trade Vilma, Chad, Coles and everyone else who doesnt fit the scheme or is disgruntled or has more value to another team than to the Jets; I would trade out of the sixth pick if I could get good value in return in terms of first day picks; and, I would like to see the Jets load up on big defensive lineman.

If a trade with Dallas goes down then the value chart indicates a third round pick in addition to the two first rounders (you have a fourth). I would take Carpenter too, but he's been a bit of a bust so far with DAL so I wouldnt be so quick to pencil him in as starter; anyway, I think he's an ILB not an OLB, which is better because thats where the Jets can use a break (ie, someone to beat out Barton), assuming they can draft Harvey or another top OLB prospect.

I think Cherilious will be gone by the time the Jets pick in the second round (all the teams that pick ahead of the Jets in the second round need him, too). Might have to settle for a lesser prospect (Nicks from Nebraska?). Anyway, I'd like for the Jets to sign Andrews and a guy like Rex Hadnot in addition to drafting a good prospect (there is room on the bench for Clement AND Moore).

Even if Cherilous is gone at our pick, there should be a few other OT's, or OG's to look at. Although, what worries me is that we will sign a talented Guard in FA, and then all the really good tackle prospects will be gone by our selection. There is just no way we can go into the new season with Clement at RT.

I don't know much, if anything, about Red Bryant. He seems to be one of the only pure NT's in the draft, yet everyone slates him at the 4th round and calls that a reach. Doesn't exactly instill confidence in leaning on a 'reach' at the 4th as a starter. If NT is going to be addressed, it has to be via trade, i just don't see it happening. Almost every team in the NFL is lacking at the DT position, yet they only seem to clamor about running backs. I have no idea where the Jets FO sit on this one. I'd be happy with Corey Williams, but Woody might have to declare bankruptcy.

--------

As to everyone calling me out for keeping D-rob...find a replacement, its not like the jets can fix every hole on this team. I guess i'm more concerened with the huge gaping holes that are our linebacking corps, defensive and offensive line. With no quality NT available...i'll stick with a guy that has missed two games in his career and a guy that gets a quality pass rush in 3rd and long.

I stopped reading after you said "Hobson is one of the worst starters on the team and would be the worst player on 50% of the other NFL rosters." Hogwash. You clearly have something against him. Clearly. Victor Hobson is a decent player, leaning towards good. He isn't great, but he isn't crap either. Will be, and was, much better suited for the 43. Hey, but just like almost everyone else on this team, he had a rough 2007 season. But lets not look past his 2006 numbers, as an OLB not rushing the blindside of the Quarterback, in this first year in the 34. Mangini changed his position to rushing the blindside in '07 and he struggled.

After reading more, I LOVE your drafting strategy, however, where is the love for Abram Elam? With Rhodes in house, there is no need to bring in both Ferguson (a former Jet) and Milloy. You could bring in one of the two to compete with Elam, but Elam seems to be a hard hitting, run stuffing safety. Rhodes with Elam has more room to roam in the secondary and play more like the ball hawk and blitz specialist he is. Elam just needs to play a bit better in coverage.

Oh dude, and one last thing:

Bobby Carpenter? Are you a Buckeye fan or just mentally ill? Victor Hobson is better suited for the 34 than Bobby Carpenter. There is a reason he wasn't playing in Dallas and its not because everyone is great that is ahead of him. He's a first round pick. He'd be playing there if he could play in the 34. The Big Tuna made a big mistake by drafting him.

He's good but I honestly think Desean Jackson or his Cal teammate Lavelle Hawkins will be the best WR in the draft.

I'm a pretty bad judge of talent at the wide receiver position, they all look good in college, yet some flop and some don't. To me, what it comes down to is their personality. Look at Welker, he's a total 'yes' man. If coach asks him to do something, he does it, one of the coaches for the Pats was quoting as saying 'welker is the best player i've ever coached'...he wasn't implying talent, he was implying that he will do whatever is asked of him.

If Manningham can swallow his pride and have one catch in a game, but in the same game have 5 key blocks...well that's a guy i'd like on our team. If he can't do that, then find someone that will.

Pennington is worthless. No team would give anything better than a 6th or 7th rounder for Chad. Most likely would be a conditional pick to 5th rounder .

I think a lot of Jets fans are going to be stunned at what Pennington's value is going to be this year.

A lot of decent teams need QB's. There aren't many out there, and less in the draft.

IMO the FO is going to demand a late 1st or early 2nd for him. I also think they might get it.

If not, they will keep him to compete with Clemens. Clemens didn't exactly blow the doors off the stadium last season. Hard to judge him with that horrible OL, but he didn't impress

Archived