Thinking Positive

PantyHose&Furs

I'm a Jets fan so I know that anything that can go wrong...will. Up 13, we'll lose by one. I get that.

However, since I spent this past season completely pissed pretty much the entire year I'm trying to take a much more positive outlook into my obsession.

That said...I want to start a thread focusing on what we like about our squad and what gives us confidence that one of these years we'll be the chosen ones.

Here's what has me thinking positive. Please share your thoughts.

1. Revis. Showed great toughness and is a great tackler. Also, I'm having a hard time remembering the last pick-6. This guy can do all of that. He's a player.
  2. Harris. Every time he hits someone they go backwards. I'm dying for a defensive player who crushes people and has a nasty streak. I love this guy.
  3. Clemens. He has shown me flashes...but we need a real OLine for this guy to have a chance. However, I'm so sick and tired of our lollipop west coast offense that I'm hoping he developes and we can enjoy a QB with some moxie, who can create with his legs, and who tosses the rock down the field.

I'm a Jets fan so I know that anything that can go wrong...will. Up 13, we'll lose by one. I get that.

However, since I spent this past season completely pissed pretty much the entire year I'm trying to take a much more positive outlook into my obsession.

That said...I want to start a thread focusing on what we like about our squad and what gives us confidence that one of these years we'll be the chosen ones.

1. Revis. Showed great toughness and is a great tackler. Also, I'm having a hard time remembering the last pick-6. This guy can do all of that. He's a player.
  2. Harris. Every time he hits someone they go backwards. I'm dying for a defensive player who crushes people and has a nasty streak. I love this guy.
  3. Clemens. He has shown me flashes...but we need a real OLine for this guy to have a chance. However, I'm so sick and tired of our lollipop west coast offense that I'm hoping he developes and we can enjoy a QB with some moxie, who can create with his legs, and who tosses the rock down the field.

Completely agree on Revis and Harris. I'd go as far to say that by the end of next season these two guys may be our best players. We need Tangini to pull out 2 more studs this draft.

As for Clemens, Im worried b/c if he aint the answer, we are screwed. QB is the most important position and its going to take all of 2008 (assuming we improve this Oline for him) to figure out if he is our long term starter. I hope he is. If he isnt, Mangini is in trouble. He'd be 3 years in, and have to start over at QB.

I think Leon Washington is a very good football player. I don't know why Shotty appears to no longer think that. I have no problem with Thomas Jones as the starter, but I would get Leon a lot of touches on offense. Much more than he got last year.

Kellen Clemens looked terrible. This guy and I hope im wrong is not the future QB of the New York Jets.He is a Browning Nagle at best. Mediocre not winning you 12 games or a Championship.We still need a QB as far as im concerned.

Any suggestions? How about the hero from Hawaii who throws sidearm? You guys act like sure thing QBs fall out of trees.

Archived