SIGN FLOZELL ADAMS

madmike1

Cowboys Will Let OT Flozell Adams Field Offers

The Cowboys are waiting to see what Flozell Adams gets on the open market before extending a deal. If the price for Adams is too high for the Cowboys, Pat McQuistan starts at left tackle. The team has some concerns about signing Adams. Signing an offensive lineman in free agency is doubtful unless it's an upgrade over what they have or finding someone better than Adams. But taking one in the second day of the draft is possible.

Source: Dallas Morning News

:character0255:

I'm not loving the idea either, but how many people are claiming Flozell Adams can't play RT for us and are still complaining that we didn't sign that overpriced, fat, lazy, bust of a tackle Leonard Davis to play LG for us?

Big difference. He's still playing on the same side (much easier to adapt as your still using the same sort of technique) and the idea of him being played at LG had already been suggested numerous times. He was physically perfect for the position.

Big difference. He's still playing on the same side (much easier to adapt as your still using the same sort of technique) and the idea of him being played at LG had already been suggested numerous times. He was physically perfect for the position.

That's a joke. Flozell Adams was good. Leonard Davis was trash. Oh, and he did switch sides to RG. Paying Leonard Davis all that money in our situation would have been moronic. Adams is probably too old and too expensive to make sense, but moving him right to left makes as much sense as signing a bust and hoping he pans out at guard.

That's a joke. Flozell Adams was good. Leonard Davis was trash. Oh, and he did switch sides to RG. Paying Leonard Davis all that money in our situation would have been moronic. Adams is probably too old and too expensive to make sense, but moving him right to left makes as much sense as signing a bust and hoping he pans out at guard.

I actually thought he played LG, turns out you're right.

I always thought was better suited as a guard and he had played well there before. I don't think Adams has ever played Right Tackle.

I actually thought he played LG, turns out you're right.

I always thought was better suited as a guard and he had played well there before. I don't think Adams has ever played Right Tackle.

I'm not loving the whole Flozell Adams idea either. To be fair, I think the idea was to put Davis at RG to give a huge push in the running game. It's just that he was a monumental gamble for a team like the Jets who are too far away to take the risk. Adams probably will be too, since he's OLD, but can't say he'd be a bad idea until I see his contract.

I'm not loving the whole Flozell Adams idea either. To be fair, I think the idea was to put Davis at RG to give a huge push in the running game. It's just that he was a monumental gamble for a team like the Jets who are too far away to take the risk. Adams probably will be too, since he's OLD, but can't say he'd be a bad idea until I see his contract.

I liked the idea of signing Davis until I found out how much he got from Dallas. Turned out to be worth it for Dallas, but all that $$$ for a guy who had been a bust with no signs of improvement was too big of a gamble for my taste.

Sometimes you get lucky with that stuff. Most of the time though, you end up with Mike D. Williams.

with the franchise tag taking many of the players off the market (andrews, gross, suggs) the jets are going to have to overpay for lilja.

if they can get lilja and draft a RT in rd 2 the OL will be much improved and still very young. moore would be worst of the 5 - which is something i can live with. they could take all of the crap from 07 (except clarke, who needs to go) to make viable backups behind the front 5.

I'm not loving the idea either, but how many people are claiming Flozell Adams can't play RT for us and are still complaining that we didn't sign that overpriced, fat, lazy, bust of a tackle Leonard Davis to play LG for us?

That fat lazy bust was one of the 5 best OG's in the NFL last year.

That fat lazy bust was one of the 5 best OG's in the NFL last year.

Just because he did that with the Cowboys does not mean he would have done that here. His track record does not fit our situation. Neither did his monster contract. He signed a $50M deal with a $16M bonus. I'm not sure we could have fit him under last year's cap.

Archived