The OFFICIAL Pro Wrestling thread

Cena winning just tells you that Orton is winning the main event. WWE couldn't let heels win both title matches on WrestleMania and so Cena gets the nod.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Cant remember though the last time a heel did win the main even.

Was it when Vince screwed the Rock against Austin (Who even then technically wasn't a heel)?

The WM before that Vince screwed the Rock vs Triple H. LOL

Exactly what I was thinking.

Cant remember though the last time a heel did win the main even.

Was it when Vince screwed the Rock against Austin (Who even then technically wasn't a heel)?

The WM before that Vince screwed the Rock vs Triple H. LOL

And then HHH screwed Vince's daughter...on more than one occasion.

Austin is a legend!

I know its not a popular opinion, but I find him to be one of the most overrated wrestlers of all time. Some of his "big matches" were beyond god awful and after a while his promos became really hack. Once the "What?" crap started, I wanted to turn off the TV every time he came on. I know he was a huge superstar and his stuff with McMahon was legendary, but it was all down hill from there.

Like I said, not a popular opinion but there were always a lot of guys I preferred over him and I got tired of him being all over all show, every show.

As a wild adolescent I was known as Penny2Coles.

As a hot headed teen I was known as P2C.

My calmer, tamer years have been as InstantClassic. I should probably just rename myself to Taker/HBK after what we just saw.

Oh wow... never would've guessed. I had no clue. Good seeing you (in a manner of speaking) again. :biggrin:

I know its not a popular opinion, but I find him to be one of the most overrated wrestlers of all time. Some of his "big matches" were beyond god awful and after a while his promos became really hack. Once the "What?" crap started, I wanted to turn off the TV every time he came on. I know he was a huge superstar and his stuff with McMahon was legendary, but it was all down hill from there.

Like I said, not a popular opinion but there were always a lot of guys I preferred over him and I got tired of him being all over all show, every show.

Again I point to how I was very young when these guys were about. When I see a guy whooping Vince's ass all over the place, cursing and drinking beer, well at that age you just have to love it.:D

I agree though, the "what" stuff was annoying as Hell. I tend to remember the earlier Austin. He was bad ass!

My favorite always was and always will be The Rock and unlike most, he was my favorite before he was THE guy in the WWE. From his earliest days he was always my favorite. His charisma will simply never be matched.

Edited by Irish Jet

Again I point to how I was very young when these guys were about. When I see a guy whooping Vince's ass all over the place, cursing and drinking beer, well at that age you just have to love it.:D

I agree though, the "what" stuff was annoying as Hell. I tend to remember the earlier Austin. He was bad ass!

No reason for you to justify, a lot of people obviously feel the same way as you. My opinion is certainly the minority. :P

As ashamed as I am to admit it now, I know part of the reason for my feeling this is I wasn't watching WWE much during the span when Austin first gained most of his fame and fan following, because I was actually still more of a WCW fan at the time. Yeah... I know, I know... what are you going to do. By the time I was a full-on WW(F)E fan I much preferred guys like Jericho and Rock.

No reason for you to justify, a lot of people obviously feel the same way as you. My opinion is certainly the minority. :P

As ashamed as I am to admit it now, I know part of the reason for my feeling this is I wasn't watching WWE much during the span when Austin first gained most of his fame and fan following, because I was actually still more of a WCW fan at the time. Yeah... I know, I know... what are you going to do. By the time I was a full-on WW(F)E fan I much preferred guys like Jericho and Rock.

And as much as I do like Austin, you just named my two faves.:D

I have to say Orton is high on the list too, he's been great as of late.