Trade #6 Pick for Allen?

PeterNorth09

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3252292

(At bottom)

If Allen doesn't get a long-term deal by mid-July, he has said he would not sign a long-term deal in the future. Allen likes the city. He likes the coach, Herm Edwards. He wants to stay a Chief for a long period of time. For the moment, though, he is under a one-year offer while both sides try to work on long-term security.

Who knows why they haven't, maybe the two sides are negotiating terms but they saved themselves from him going to the market, I mean the story cracked only a few days. Plus everybody knows BBQ season and the KC front office aren't back in session until the 2nd week of March, so give it time.

We do though need to address our d-line terribly because we looked terrible, and teams made our run D look like Swiss cheese

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3252292

(At bottom)

If Allen doesn't get a long-term deal by mid-July, he has said he would not sign a long-term deal in the future. Allen likes the city. He likes the coach, Herm Edwards. He wants to stay a Chief for a long period of time. For the moment, though, he is under a one-year offer while both sides try to work on long-term security.

Who knows why they haven't, maybe the two sides are negotiating terms but they saved themselves from him going to the market, I mean the story cracked only a few days. Plus everybody knows BBQ season and the KC front office aren't back in session until the 2nd week of March, so give it time.

We do though need to address our d-line terribly because we looked terrible, and teams made our run D look like Swiss cheese

Talk is cheap and so is this "I like the coach, I like the city" bull****. What the **** is he supposed to say? I hate these ****ers? He knows he's franchised and will play the '08 season there or forfeit his $9M guaranteed franchise contract. Why alienate the fans? This isn't a new issue. They've know that Allen was going to be a free agent all along. It's not like we haven't been hearing his name crop up as a potential FA acquisition since week 1. There is a good chance that he will return to the Chiefs, but here are some blurbs from rotoworld that indicate things aren't so rosy in the re-signing camp:

pixel.gif

Feb 1, 2008

The player rep for prospective free agent Jared Allen says his client would love to play for the 49ers.

Allen is from California and at 6'6/270, would be a solid fit at end in Mike Nolan's 3-4. However, the Chiefs won't let him get away. Allen will be franchise tagged later this month. The tender for DEs is $8.9 million.

Source: Santa Rosa Press Democrat

Jan 4, 2008

Chiefs DE Jared Allen says he and the team are not close to reaching agreement on a long-term contract.

He will be franchise tagged if the sides haven't found a common ground by February. Allen led the NFL in sacks in 2007 despite missing two games.

Source: Kansas City Star

Dec 31, 2007

Jared Allen says the Chiefs haven't approached him about a contract extension yet.

Allen was asked how much he's worth: "A hundred million?" he said. "I want to be a billionaire." Allen was kidding, but the lack of extension talks about Carl Peterson's hard-line reputation lead to only one conclusion: Allen is going to be franchise tagged.

Before you get all up in arms, I know this is mostly bull**** too, but don't read too much into him saying he wants to stay with the Chiefs.

Talk is cheap and so is this "I like the coach, I like the city" bull****. What the **** is he supposed to say? I hate these ****ers? He knows he's franchised and will play the '08 season there or forfeit his $9M guaranteed franchise contract. Why alienate the fans? This isn't a new issue. They've know that Allen was going to be a free agent all along. It's not like we haven't been hearing his name crop up as a potential FA acquisition since week 1. There is a good chance that he will return to the Chiefs, but here are some blurbs from rotoworld that indicate things aren't so rosy in the re-signing camp:

pixel.gif

Feb 1, 2008

Source: Santa Rosa Press Democrat

Jan 4, 2008

Dec 31, 2007

Before you get all up in arms, I know this is mostly bull**** too, but don't read too much into him saying he wants to stay with the Chiefs.

Its true, money does talk and of course he's gonna be getting a fat contract whereever he goes. And I don't mean to sound like I'm preaching down and getting up in arms, I just think its silly for people to live in a dream would thinking we can get Allen with simply our 1st rounder this year. We need to see how the draft pans out first because we maybe (and its a stretch saying it) could land Long which would be sweet. If McFadden is there, then theres always the Cowboys rumored trade. Either way though we need to desperately address the d-line and with guys that fit the scheme we're in

Its true, money does talk and of course he's gonna be getting a fat contract whereever he goes. And I don't mean to sound like I'm preaching down and getting up in arms, I just think its silly for people to live in a dream would thinking we can get Allen with simply our 1st rounder this year. We need to see how the draft pans out first because we maybe (and its a stretch saying it) could land Long which would be sweet. If McFadden is there, then theres always the Cowboys rumored trade. Either way though we need to desperately address the d-line and with guys that fit the scheme we're in

Its why Carlos Pace might be a decent fit for the Jets. He's 270+ but he has proven that he can play in space as well as rush the passer. Its why Mangini liked Thomas. Thomas in 2006 was a good pass rusher but he was also excellent at sealing the edge in run support and he was decent in covering a short zone.

Scary, and reminiscent of Thomas, is the breakout in his contract year - but to Pace's credit, it was his first year in a predominant 3-4 scheme (also, unfortunately, like Thomas in 2006). The parallels are eerie.

not yelling just stressing a point. the quicker people realize we arent switching schemes the better conversations we can have

Yeah you're right. We should pass on Allen and stick with the 3-4 because it's so much fun each and every Sunday watching our defensive front 7 act like a motherf_cking doormat for any and every running back it faces to get a 100+ yard game. Meanwhile we never even come close to touching the opposing team's qb.

Archived