If you were a free agent would you sign with the Jets.

JETSFAN5180

Ask yourself that question. This team finished the season 4-12 are we in a rebuilding mode or just remaining status quo. The QB situation is a coin flip.Offensively and Defensively we lack playmakers and solid players.

We havent been to a Super Bowl since 1969.

I dont know if $$$$ is gonna do it.Older players want to WIN now.And younger players want to win eventually.

Hard sell ladies and gentlemen.

Wish the front office luck.

Older players, like 30+, are probably going to lean more towards a ring. Zach Thomas is a prime example, playing 10+ years for a team that did nothing, was never going to do anything, he is going to want his last ditch effort at a ring.

Anyone else is in it for one thing and one thing only...Money.

If a guy likes Mangini and the direction of the team and he likes (or can tolerate) the NY metro area then he will sign with the Jets. Anyway, money talks.

We only need a few pieces in FA, the bulk of the team will be built through the draft; Pace, Hadnot, Sapp would be a nice FA class.

Ask yourself that question. This team finished the season 4-12 are we in a rebuilding mode or just remaining status quo. The QB situation is a coin flip.Offensively and Defensively we lack playmakers and solid players.

We havent been to a Super Bowl since 1969.

I dont know if $$$$ is gonna do it.Older players want to WIN now.And younger players want to win eventually.

Hard sell ladies and gentlemen.

Wish the front office luck.

It's always about the $$$$ more often than not. It won't be too much of a problem.

^Exactly what he said. Most young players want a team to "show them the money," a lot of them may not realize how terrible it is to lose year in and year out. Another thing to take into consideration is the NYC, it's one of the biggest markets in sports, provides plenty of entertainment and has all the women you could look for; all the trouble you could look for as well, besides vegas of course.

It also depends on what type of speach Mangini and tannenbaum give to the players coming in about the direction their going; if curtis martin loves what mangini stands for, does and the direction he's taking the team in (don't bother with the, ya the direction he's taking the team in is to the bottom..because i handed it to you hah it's too easy...i'll give him till the end of this season to evaluate) than I 100% will back curtis martin's opinion. It's the salary cap era and their is almost zero loyalty left in the game, it's just a business and will continue to be one. So as long as the jets have money, and actually spend it, than players will want to come here.

^Exactly what he said. Most young players want a team to "show them the money," a lot of them may not realize how terrible it is to lose year in and year out. Another thing to take into consideration is the NYC, it's one of the biggest markets in sports, provides plenty of entertainment and has all the women you could look for; all the trouble you could look for as well, besides vegas of course.

It also depends on what type of speach Mangini and tannenbaum give to the players coming in about the direction their going; if curtis martin loves what mangini stands for, does and the direction he's taking the team in (don't bother with the, ya the direction he's taking the team in is to the bottom..because i handed it to you hah it's too easy...i'll give him till the end of this season to evaluate) than I 100% will back curtis martin's opinion. It's the salary cap era and their is almost zero loyalty left in the game, it's just a business and will continue to be one. So as long as the jets have money, and actually spend it, than players will want to come here.

I think money talks and it won't be an issue. On the other hand I think being in NYC hurts as much as it helps. First of all, most FAs will have families and won't necessarily be looking for nightlife and women. They will be more concerned about cost of living and most importantly brutal taxation. That's why nobody wanted to play on the Canadian basketball teams.

Ask yourself that question. This team finished the season 4-12 are we in a rebuilding mode or just remaining status quo.

If it were me, it would be where I could make the most money and be a starter. But every player has different needs and wants. Some guys want to be in NYC. Some dont. Some want to play for a guy like Mangini or Hermie. Some dont.

The top line guys will look for a combination of: money, playing time, team success, personal happiness. Would you be happier living in NYC or Green Bay? Id choose NYC.

If it were me, it would be where I could make the most money and be a starter. But every player has different needs and wants. Some guys want to be in NYC. Some dont. Some want to play for a guy like Mangini or Hermie. Some dont.

The top line guys will look for a combination of: money, playing time, team success, personal happiness. Would you be happier living in NYC or Green Bay? Id choose NYC.

...but look at the happiness of Drago/TicTac!

PS: Top guys don't look for playing time. It looks for them.

It will be all about the money. Either they'll come for the money or they won't come at all. Very few players are going to listen to a coach who went 4-12. Yeah if it were Bill Parcells or BB maybe some players listen. People know they win. But Mangini has no track record of winning. So him selling the farm to a free agent just isn't going to vibe with most players.

Unless a player is dumb or his agent is even dumber, nobody is going to believe the story of "we are only a few players away from being a contender" out of a coach coming off a 4-12 record in his second year.

If they sign 4-5 big name Free agents, then maybe the 5th or 6th guy would believe it. But for the first two big name free agents, you can't really sell winning after going 4-12 and you've never even won a playoff game as a head coach.

The way Tanny does business if i was a free agent i would look else where. The Jets like to be cheap i notice since Herman got booted in the trade. Jets need to start throwing some cash out there there is no reason why we cant address these holes we have with the money we have. We proably have 20-30 million over the cap with this team with all the savings.

Vilma is not long term Contact

Kerry is not long term Contract

Coles is not long term Contract

Revis is not long term Contract

This team needs to sign the leaders of the team into big contracts before we talk about big name free agents coming to this team because the first thing i see when i see the Jets is cheapness from the GM and team.

Archived