Mets will win the WORLD SERIES in 2008!!!

Hairless_Mets_Fan

One would suppose then, that a dynasty type team such as the Yankees, in the big, bad AL, should have swept up in interleague play then, no?

Check out Scott, he has the numbers in front of him just waiting for someone to answer that question.

:rl:

Scott the varying degrees of interleague measurement are not to be use as predicators for past events. Simply put the won\loss ratio isn't a good indicator because of the lack of standard reliability factors. The Yankees might have an Interleague Q Factor of .45 but we all know that if you factor in interoperability and run the regression again, you will be left with a clearer picture.

Check out Scott, he has the numbers in front of him just waiting for someone to answer that question.

Scott the varying degrees of interleague measurement are not to be use as predicators for past events. Simply put the won\loss ratio isn't a good indicator because of the lack of standard reliability factors. The Yankees might have an Interleague Q Factor of .45 but we all know that if you factor in interoperability and run the regression again, you will be left with a clearer picture.

Lookie, Rick Peterson decided to join our board.

Ok MadMax1 ;)

One would suppose then, that a dynasty type team such as the Yankees, in the big, bad AL, should have swept up in interleague play then, no?

no, cause interleague play isnt a big deal,,no money or fame on line,,the yanks saved thier big guns for the playoffs,,when it really counted :confused:

no, cause interleague play isnt a big deal,,no money or fame on line,,the yanks saved thier big guns for the playoffs,,when it really counted :confused:

Hey, at least they got there. ;)

Johan should easily win 20+ in the Minor League.

i think the NL is actually closer and may pass AL in quality this year or next..

If the DL was in NL, they might actually be better now

I believe your analysis. The gap is narrowing. Interleague play demontrated that to a a large degree last year.

Right now, the AL is a deeper league, the NL has a few more "top stars".

Again, the gap is closing

However, when it comes to the World Series, the gap hasn't closed at all.

Well, when speaking of closing a gap, the past has nothing to do with the present.

If you want to talk recent past, teh last 2 worlkd series have been split between teh leagues.

Again, this is not relevant to where we are presnetly, or opinions of the future.

Does everyone else love the bravado coming from Carlos Beltran? I think he's finally comfortable in New York. I'd love to see him take on more of a leadership role on this team. He's had one bad year and 2 good years. I'm looking for a big year from Beltran now that the nagging injuries are behind him hopefully.

i think the NL is actually closer and may pass AL in quality this year or next..

If the DL was in NL, they might actually be better now

1-I think Boston, New York, Cleveland, Detroit and Anaheim are the top 5 teams in baseball in no order. What does that say for the NL?

2-that's like saying the East is going to pass the West in basketball. not happening.

although the NFC has passed the AFC ;) (Superbowl and Pro Bowl)

Does everyone else love the bravado coming from Carlos Beltran? I think he's finally comfortable in New York. I'd love to see him take on more of a leadership role on this team. He's had one bad year and 2 good years. I'm looking for a big year from Beltran now that the nagging injuries are behind him hopefully.

is it nice to see? Yes.

But as soon as he gets into a slump or hurts his leg again he will disappear into the shadows again. He just isnt cut out to be a leader.

Well, when speaking of closing a gap, the past has nothing to do with the present.

How so? If you are closing the gap in the present, that means in the past you were on the losing end, alot. You cant close a gap in the present if noting happened in the past. The past has everything to do with the present in this situation.

How so? If you are closing the gap in the present, that means in the past you were on the losing end, alot. You cant close a gap in the present if noting happened in the past. The past has everything to do with the present in this situation.

OK, what were the respective interleague records between NL and AL in 2006 and then in 2007?

That greatly supports the argument of NL gaining great ground

OK, what were the respective interleague records between NL and AL in 2006 and then in 2007?

That greatly supports the argument of NL gaining great ground

I am not arguing that point, the point I am arguing is you said:

I want to know how the past doesnt have anything to do with the present in any situation when talking about closing a gap?

I am not arguing that point, the point I am arguing is you said:

I want to know how the past doesnt have anything to do with the present in any situation when talking about closing a gap?

The premise that SJ originally threw out, was that he suspected the NL would surpass the AL this year.

To argue against that point, past results don't really affect what will happen this year.

Again, this splitting hairs to the overall premise, I will agree.

In reviewing the recent past though, it certainly does support a narrowing of the gap.

My suspicion is that gap is closed even more.

Time will tell.

Good Lord Blackout, is that ALL you have?

Please tell me it isn't.

What are you going to trivialize me with next? Some joke about my mamma?

Tom Shane is spinning in his JetNation grave with a comment like that.

If you can't hang with the big boys, because someone gave you the exact same kind of hit and run comment which YOU have became famous for, maybe you should be posting on www.sportsforpeoplewitheasilyhurtfeelings.com.

the link doesn't work

If the Mets don't make the playoffs this year it will equal last year's disaster X10.

we sucked for a good portion of last year.

we traded away a young outfielder for an older outfielder.

we let Loduca walk and replaced him with a worse hitting catcher and near equal on defense (in that outfielder trade)

we added Santana (15 wins), but lost Glavine (13 wins).

Did this team really make any acquisitions that were amazing? No.

The only hope for the Mets is Alou plays more than 100 games, Delgado plays like he should, relievers dont get overworked, Reyes doesnt disappear, starters dont get hurt.

Too many things have to happen for them to even have a chance to win the division. And with Randolph as manager, that costs us a win or 2 every year.

Archived