The Golf thread

afosomf

Nice, I'm lefty too. How tall are you? I'll buy all of your old stuff. :lol:

i would have guessed you played from wrong side;)

do you turn the stereo on with your left or right hand?

you can get a nice set of irons for $100 at 3balls.com

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i would have guessed you played from wrong side;)

do you turn the stereo on with your left or right hand?

you can get a nice set of irons for $100 at 3balls.com

We did fire the stereo up for the last few holes and it was actually the guy that was riding with me that cranked it up.

Use this link for your free 10 minute lesson

http://www.playgolfamerica.com/index.cfm?action=flm&CFID=981551&CFTOKEN=14631322

Type in your zipcode and it will tell you the PGA pro's in your area participating

You are not limited to 1 lesson, so set them up with as many pros as you so desire (you must go to a different pro however)

I usually do 3 lessons, keep in mind that for 10 minutes it should be on a

specific topic, ex sandshots, or putting or how to hit the ball low into wind...

I wish I had known this before May was over. :(

I played a couple weeks ago for the first time in over two years. It was on a course that used to be on the PGA Tour and is now on the Champions Tour.

It was a long day.

I wish I had known this before May was over. :(

I played a couple weeks ago for the first time in over two years. It was on a course that used to be on the PGA Tour and is now on the Champions Tour.

It was a long day.

was this En-Joie??

If you want to see some fun check out the US Open next week when they have four amateurs (Tony Romo, Matt Lauer, Justin Timberlake and some regular guy) try and break 100.

Now that should be entertainment. ;)

romo will shoot 86 , the rest will be between 105-110

Man, I cursed myself. Yesterday I was telling a guy how it was amazing that last year I had to swing my clubs so many times that by the time I hit 18 I could barely swing them. Then this year I felt great afterwards. Fast forward to this morning and my sides are freakin' killing me. :lol:

Man, I cursed myself. Yesterday I was telling a guy how it was amazing that last year I had to swing my clubs so many times that by the time I hit 18 I could barely swing them. Then this year I felt great afterwards. Fast forward to this morning and my sides are freakin' killing me. :lol:

dude if you are sore after playing 18 holes, you aint swinging it right

the club should do all the work!!!

Well I'm sure there are alot of things I'm not doing right but I had a hell of a good time and shot the best round of my life so I'll deal.

you got that right. I am 52 this month and 2 weeks ago played 72 holes in 3 days..never felt better afterwards..

equipment cost so much because it is suppossed to do the work for you...don't grip the club like its your chicken, save that for after the round

for a right handed golfer the grip pressure of right hand should be like a 1 with 1 being soft and 10 being death grip, the same applies to those who swing lefty, the left hand needs to be soft

your dominant hand needs to be "going for a ride" and it does nothing.

your dominant hand destroys the golf swing and does not allow for the proper

hinging of the club.

for a right handed golfer the grip pressure of right hand should be like a 1 with 1 being soft and 10 being death grip, the same applies to those who swing lefty, the left hand needs to be soft

your dominant hand needs to be "going for a ride" and it does nothing.

your dominant hand destroys the golf swing and does not allow for the proper

hinging of the club.

Well Said

i always like Links at Hiawatha better and also players club in Conklin

You know the area courses pretty well.

Hiawatha is hard as hell with all those moguls in the rough. You can watch a ball land and still never find it. Never played Conklin. When I used to play more often, I'd play at Afton, which is a nice, open course. Not a challenge for good golfers, but reasonable for hackers like me. The course at Chenango Valley State Park is a really nice place to spend an afternoon.

I have a question. I have had people tell me my follow-through isn't long enough...and that I don't bend my right arm enough (I'm a rightie). I get all that - and I'm working on it.....but swear to Gawd, the less bend in my arm, the better the shot - every time! Why is this?

You know the area courses pretty well.

Hiawatha is hard as hell with all those moguls in the rough. You can watch a ball land and still never find it. Never played Conklin. When I used to play more often, I'd play at Afton, which is a nice, open course. Not a challenge for good golfers, but reasonable for hackers like me. The course at Chenango Valley State Park is a really nice place to spend an afternoon.

my wife is from the real Bingo town!!!!

State park is one of the best bargains in NY!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a question. I have had people tell me my follow-through isn't long enough...and that I don't bend my right arm enough (I'm a rightie). I get all that - and I'm working on it.....but swear to Gawd, the less bend in my arm, the better the shot - every time! Why is this?

assmop...nows your chance to get your paws on that Eyetalian Patsie Banshee

muklq1ejbld6.jpg

If you're not a serious golfer and only go out a couple times a month your best bet is just to not listen to anybody's advice. I don't think it's any coincidence that after not playing for a year and forgetting everything anyone ever told me about the game that I shot by best score ever.

If you're not a serious golfer and only go out a couple times a month your best bet is just to not listen to anybody's advice. I don't think it's any coincidence that after not playing for a year and forgetting everything anyone ever told me about the game that I shot by best score ever.

You have a point. Every year, my first two times are decent - by my standards - which come with low expectations as far as golf goes. Anyway, then the solicited, and often unsolicited, advice come my way and screws me all up.

my wife is from the real Bingo town!!!!

That explains it. I had pretty much given up golf, but my old golf partner was recently treated for cancer and really wanted to go out after he gained enough strength. So, two other old friends joined us and we took him out. He didn't do much except ride in the cart and putt, though he did hit a few tee shots.

He had a great day and I was glad I did it, even though it reminded me how bad I am at golf.

You have a point. Every year, my first two times are decent - by my standards - which come with low expectations as far as golf goes. Anyway, then the solicited, and often unsolicited, advice come my way and screws me all up.

That's exactly what happens with me too. I've held onto a few tips that have actually helped me but everything else goes in one ear and out the other.

Your right arm has to fold to an L position, The left arm stays pretty straight, but there is a slight bend in it. There is no way to generate any power by

keeping your right arm straight...not possible

my guess is you are gripping the club way too tightly with your right hand, which causes you wrist not to hinge and also reduces left shoulder turn

take your grip with just your left hand, do not put right hand on club, swing the club back using just left hand, you will notice that your left wrist will hinge naturally and also you will get a nice shoulder turn. If you are not strong enough try and just use you right hand as a guide.

That's exactly what happens with me too. I've held onto a few tips that have actually helped me but everything else goes in one ear and out the other.

Just do what makes you comfortable -- you can ask 10 people for advice and get 8 or 9 different answers -- and Garb the follow thru is important -- I have a very short backswing but I drive the club all the way through til you cant go anymore and usually get good distance when your follow thru stops short your actually hitting the brakes b4 hitting the ball -- watch the pros --

Thank you Assmop and Slowmoe.

I know what you say is true - but it does not come natural. I must practice, practice, practice. I'll go to the range and get a few buckets this evening and just swing for an hour.

Thank you Assmop and Slowmoe.

I know what you say is true - but it does not come natural. I must practice, practice, practice. I'll go to the range and get a few buckets this evening and just swing for an hour.

ask the pro at your driving range if he will give you one of the free 10 minute

lessons, the may promotion ended saturday but he may be a nice guy.

practicing the wrong motion is not good or helpful, you should check the weight of your clubs, the lighter the better for women.

you will be shocked how far the ball goes if you hinge the left wrist correctly.

ask the pro at your driving range if he will give you one of the free 10 minute

lessons, the may promotion ended saturday but he may be a nice guy.

practicing the wrong motion is not good or helpful, you should check the weight of your clubs, the lighter the better for women.

you will be shocked how far the ball goes if you hinge the left wrist correctly.

I think I'll sign up for some lessons. The idea of asking the pro for a freebie - then walking up the the range and having him - and everyone else staring at me for um...10 seconds.....I can't do it. Now if it's a lesson...and there are other idiots who are having issues in teh same class.....I can handle that. This may shock you, but I'm shy sometimes. Honest.

I think I'll sign up for some lessons. The idea of asking the pro for a freebie - then walking up the the range and having him - and everyone else staring at me for um...10 seconds.....I can't do it. Now if it's a lesson...and there are other idiots who are having issues in teh same class.....I can handle that. This may shock you, but I'm shy sometimes. Honest.

no way you are shy girl!!!

I wasn't born last nite u know

Archived