VOLS #1 IN NCAA

TNJet

The best thing that could happen to Memphis- takes some of the pressure off going into the Ncaa's. They will be exposed there anyway I believe.

that was what Calipari said. Of course any coach will say that after the first loss.

I think Memphis has the most talent in the country but their fatal flaw is that they can't shoot free throws consistently and will probably lead to them getting knocked off at some point in the tournament.

Vols not make it to the Elite 8? Someone's been watching the wrong team. They BEAT the NUMEBR ONE team in the NATION. Granted Memphis should not have been there to begin with, but we are the only team to beat them, as of now. Like it or not....That's something to be proud of. Vols will make it to the final FOUR, I'm calling THAT now.

:box:

GO VOLS!

Vols not make it to the Elite 8? Someone's been watching the wrong team. They BEAT the NUMEBR ONE team in the NATION. Granted Memphis should not have been there to begin with, but we are the only team to beat them, as of now. Like it or not....That's something to be proud of. Vols will make it to the final FOUR, I'm calling THAT now.

GO VOLS!

And then lost tonight.

:rolleyes:

Vols could lose their ranking first game with a loss to Vanderbilt. NCAA will be wide open again this year- a number of teams can win it all.

I guess I was not far off from being a psychic. One game and out as number 1.

I guess I was not far off from being a psychic. One game and out as number 1.

Again? the only year it was wide open in recent memory was 2006 and it's not wide open this year. The Champ will likely come from any of these 4 teams- UNC, UCLA, KU, Memphis.

yua i hear ya,,but sadly i include duke in there also

Duke has had a great year but I don't mthink there is any shot they reach the FF let alone win the National Title. No inside presence, they rely too mich on the 3, they are wearing down, they don't get ACC refs in the tourney.

Losing to teams like Vandy will not bode well for them in the tourney.

Vandy is a good team and the game was at Vandy. This was NOT a bad loss for UT. They came of an emotional win just 3 nights earlier, that was a VERY difficult game for them to win.

in college basketball when teams in top25 play each other usually the home team is favored on vegas line or very slight underdog,,regardless of who is ranked higher,,,

in this case tennessee was only a 2 point favorite at vandy,,this wasnt a upset,,,it was two high ranked teams and the home team won.....

GO VOLS!

I've been watching the right team. I'll bet you anything, they don't make it to the final 4, theres no way.

Archived