Cimini's Blog 2.26.08

TaborJet

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With what to work with? He has impressed me considering his lack of healthy weapons.

I know for a fact that you are a big fan of Brandon Marshall. He is a great WR in the makong IMO, very T.O like.

Like I said Stokley is a very good guy to have in the slot and especially very useful on 3rd downs.Scheffler is also going to be a damn good TE, he's very underated.

He also has had like every other Denver Bronco QB an elite running game no matter who the RB is.

Brilliant statement... please tell me who assembled last years team.

The only real negative last year was the Kendall situation, but in all honesty he had to go eventually. We were probably planning on waiting till his contract ran out to let him go, but he didnt exactly let that happen...

Other then that though we got a good deal for Thomas Jones, and had a good draft, getting two of the best players in Revis and Harris. We didnt go crazy in FA, but thats okay, cause we did re-sign B.Thomas and Cotch to long term deals and the Coleman and Bowens signings weren't terrible either.

I said this earlier on this past year, most of our problems this season didnt have to do with Tangini as much as it had to do with Edwards/Bradway. When you think about it, nobody, and I mean nobody, that that regime added over their 5 year span (with the exception of maybe Rhodes and Cotch - who they never even discovered) were good enough to make a difference this past year. Other then those two, I cant think of ONE draft pick or Free Agent acquired by that regime that was a good player for us the past two seasons.

So in a way, I feel last year was sort of a transition point between the team during the Herm/Bradway era and the team that Tangini envisions down the road.

I expect much better next season.

The only real negative last year was the Kendall situation, but in all honesty he had to go eventually. We were probably planning on waiting till his contract ran out to let him go, but he didnt exactly let that happen...

Other then that though we got a good deal for Thomas Jones, and had a good draft, getting two of the best players in Revis and Harris. We didnt go crazy in FA, but thats okay, cause we did re-sign B.Thomas and Cotch to long term deals and the Coleman and Bowens signings weren't terrible either.

I said this earlier on this past year, most of our problems this season didnt have to do with Tangini as much as it had to do with Edwards/Bradway. When you think about it, nobody, and I mean nobody, that that regime added over their 5 year span (with the exception of maybe Rhodes and Cotch - who they never even discovered) were good enough to make a difference this past year. Other then those two, I cant think of ONE draft pick or Free Agent acquired by that regime that was a good player for us the past two seasons.

So in a way, I feel last year was sort of a transition point between the team during the Herm/Bradway era and the team that Tangini envisions down the road.

I expect much better next season.

Tannenbaum was here during the Herm Bradway era... and Bradway is still here too...

There is a LONG list of VETS they should have CUT... and a long list of guys they should have signed to replace them....

There is a list of FA busts they have brought in...

Dbrick is NOT living up to his pick AT all...

Harris and Revis had a good rookie year.... but so did Vilma and now everyone wants him gone... also calling them two of the best rookies is a stretch...

The CS isnt flexible like all good coaches are... and the FO catn evaluate talent properly or pull the trigger on a big deal when needed...

cause we did re-sign B.Thomas and Cotch to long term deals and the Coleman and Bowens signings weren't terrible either.

Thomas became a ghost again... Cotch is a great #2 WR... glad they signed him... but that didnt take an ounce of intelligence to do... LOL @ those two backups not being "terrible" woohoo!

Tannenbaum was here during the Herm Bradway era... and Bradway is still here too...

There is a LONG list of VETS they should have CUT... and a long list of guys they should have signed to replace them....

There is a list of FA busts they have brought in...

Dbrick is NOT living up to his pick AT all...

Harris and Revis had a good rookie year.... but so did Vilma and now everyone wants him gone... also calling them two of the best rookies is a stretch...

The CS isnt flexible like all good coaches are... and the FO catn evaluate talent properly or pull the trigger on a big deal when needed...

Thomas became a ghost again... Cotch is a great #2 WR... glad they signed him... but that didnt take an ounce of intelligence to do... LOL @ those two backups not being "terrible" woohoo!

:rl:Ecurb.

Who cares where Tannenbaum was during the Herm/Bradway era or where Bradway is now?

You say there was a LONG LIST of vets they should have cut... Well, go ahead, list them. Then you can also list all the FA's we should have replaced them with. And please, dont list all of the best of last years FA's. Its very, very rare that you see a team sign every good player out there.

Really? The FO cant evaluate talent or pull the trigger on a good deal? Well, the Thomas Jones, Darell Revis, and David Harris trades must have all been one big dream then. Our FO would NEVER be able to pull that off.

Oh, and Coleman started last year.

:rl:Ecurb.

Who cares where Tannenbaum was during the Herm/Bradway era or where Bradway is now?

You say there was a LONG LIST of vets they should have cut... Well, go ahead, list them. Then you can also list all the FA's we should have replaced them with. And please, dont list all of the best of last years FA's. Its very, very rare that you see a team sign every good player out there.

Really? The FO cant evaluate talent or pull the trigger on a good deal? Well, the Thomas Jones, Darell Revis, and David Harris trades must have all been one big dream then. Our FO would NEVER be able to pull that off.

Oh, and Coleman started last year.

What competition did he have?

They pulled the triggers on no brainers... they were good players that they NEEDED...

No it's really not. They were definetly 2 of the most exceptional rookies this season. They were great picks, I admit that even though I don't like Tangini either.

No it's really not. They were definetly 2 of the most exceptional rookies this season. They were great picks, I admit that even though I don't like Tangini either.

Being two of the best in the first 40 picks or whatever it was isnt that huge of an accomplishment... all of the top 40 picks should be neck and neck talent wise... maybe excluding the top 5 sometimes who are even better...

So that means they CAN pull the trigger when needed and CAN evaluate who they NEED and what they should give up for them? Just clarifying.

WTF are you talking about?

They pulled the trigger when it was safe and easy... something any idiot can pull off...

and answer my question... Coleman started... WHY? Who was his competition...

Being two of the best in the first 40 picks or whatever it was isnt that huge of an accomplishment... all of the top 40 picks should be neck and neck talent wise... maybe excluding the top 5 sometimes who are even better...

Darrell Revis was arguable the best CB to come out and Harris was a top 3 LB in his class.

Both at positions of need...

I'd say thats a pretty damn good job.

Darrell Revis was arguable the best CB to come out and Harris was a top 3 LB in his class.

Great they got two starters out of a top 15 pick and an early second rounder... real tough :rolleyes:

Who was Coleman's competition?

WTF are you talking about?

They pulled the trigger when it was safe and easy... something any idiot can pull off...

and answer my question... Coleman started... WHY? Who was his competition...

Kimo Von Olenhoffen, who started in 06 and sucked. But, since the FO CAN evaluate talent, they CUT him and signed Coleman to take his place.

They pulled the trigger when it was safe and easy? You say that as if it was a bad thing. Plus, what would they have had to do to earn your respect? Trade Pennington and Coles? Yeah, Im sure you would have LOVED that one.

Dont lie. You know exactly what I was talking about.

Darrelle Revis was the best and who knows how good Harris could have been had he started all season.

From the time Harris was starting to the time the season ended, he was as good as any defensive player in the league.

But Vilma had to start instead, thanks a lot Mangini.:roll:

Kimo Von Olenhoffen, who started in 06 and sucked. But, since the FO CAN evaluate talent, they CUT him and signed Coleman to take his place.

They pulled the trigger when it was safe and easy? You say that as if it was a bad thing. Plus, what would they have had to earn your respect? Trade Pennington and Coles? Yeah, Im sure you would have LOVED that one.

It didn't take much talent evaluation to cut Kimo Von Crap.

Darrelle Revis was the best and who knows how good Harris could have been had he started all season.

From the time Harris was starting to the time the season ended, he was as good as any defensive player in the league.

But Vilma had to start instead, thanks a lot Mangini.:roll:

Even when Vilma started Harris was worked into the lineup. You know, its also possible that we were trying to groom Harris to play in the 3-4 as well. As I recall, he was farely shaky in some of the preseason games.

They pulled the trigger when it was safe and easy? You say that as if it was a bad thing. Plus, what would they have had to earn your respect? Trade Pennington and Coles? Yeah, Im sure you would have LOVED that one.

Would have been VERY ballsy to trade Chad and Coles... that wouldnt have bothered me if they got some good talent or good picks in return...

Who did Coleman compete with in 07'? HE started by default it was a HORRIBLE example for you to give of a FA coming in and starting.. .and exposed Tangini and Co's lack of ability to bring in depth and talent to compete...

Heading into 08', Mangini is still thinking about starting Chad again... has no pass rush... no oline... no starting caliber WR (since Im assuming coles is gone(because of Mangini) no deep threat WR... No FB.... No star LB (lets hope Harris keeps it up) a WEAK secondary...

This is year #3 and the team is worse than it was in 05'.

Even when Vilma started Harris was worked into the lineup. You know, its also possible that we were trying to groom Harris to play in the 3-4 as well. As I recall, he was farely shaky in some of the preseason games.

WTF are you talking about??? Harris was great in pre-season, I remember being so impressed with him on the Giants game were I said he'd be DROY. I still think he could have been had he have started all season like Willis did in San Fran.

Would have been VERY ballsy to trade Chad and Coles... that wouldnt have bothered me if they got some good talent or good picks in return...

Who did Coleman compete with in 07'? HE started by default it was a HORRIBLE example for you to give of a FA coming in and starting.. .and exposed Tangini and Co's lack of ability to bring in depth and talent to compete...

Heading into 08', Mangini is still thinking about starting Chad again... has no pass rush... no oline... no starting caliber WR (since Im assuming coles is gone(because of Mangini) no deep threat WR... No FB.... No star LB (lets hope Harris keeps it up) a WEAK secondary...

This is year #3 and the team is worse than it was in 05'.

Yeah, Im sure you would have been bright and cheery the day after Chad was traded, remember that was the player that was going to lead us to the SB last season.

Yes, Coleman started by default becasue he was so much better then Von Olenhoffen and Hamilton, who shared that position the year before. To me, that shows that the FO did a good job addressing a weak spot. Coleman was also probably our best DLineman last season.

Heading into 08? Already?

I thought the FA signing period and draft usually come 1st. Did that change since last time I checked?

This team is actually better then the 05 team. But fine, say its worse. The main reason for that is because Bradway and Herm did such a crappy job of drafting and signing players to build a franchise around that we are now faced with a team of old, washed up, players from the Parcells era. That cant be blamed on Tangini.

What competition did he have?

They pulled the triggers on no brainers... they were good players that they NEEDED...

you are such a winer. When they played chad you were ready to rub off tangini every chance you got. You'd praise them for choosing chad going into camp, then as soon as he is benched, you go on a 6 month tour of showing everyone your period.

We get it, you are a hypocrite, move it along.

you are such a winer. When they played chad you were ready to rub off tangini every chance you got. You'd praise them for choosing chad going into camp, then as soon as he is benched, you go on a 6 month tour of showing everyone your period.

We get it, you are a hypocrite, move it along.

Stop making it a Chad thing... he was my favorite player... of course there will be SOME bias on THAT one topic... I thought Tangini was going to be great in 06'... they lost me in 07' and it had NOTHING to do with Chad... NOTHING... your ignorant for thinking it did... it has everything to do with the O and D lines... and about 1,000,000 other problems not related to Chad...

get over your love for my former love of Chad... its worse than my love for him...

Stop making it a Chad thing... he was my favorite player... of course there will be SOME bias on THAT one topic... I thought Tangini was going to be great in 06'... they lost me in 07' and it had NOTHING to do with Chad... NOTHING... your ignorant for thinking it did... it has everything to do with the O and D lines... and about 1,000,000 other problems not related to Chad...

get over your love for my former love of Chad... its worse than my love for him...

You still havent given me one good reason as to why Tangini is so much worse then every other FO and Coach in the league.

ecurb, just get over it. you were pawned on this subject eleventy billion times. let it go and move forward.

Really?

We're talking about the team that started Adrian Jones on the OL, Mccareins at WR, and Doug Jolley at TE, right? Or am I mistaken.

And that was before the injuries....

Jolley and Baker at TE is better than what we have now...

Fabini Jones Mawae Kendall Goodwin >>>> Than the Oline now

WR's on the roster were... Coles, Chrebet, Cotch, Jmac

Abe/Ellis/Drob/Reed > than the Dline now

Vilma/Barton/Hobson (still here, but played better in the 4-3 as a unit)

Barrett/Law/Miller/Strait (this unit hasnt really gotten better... Revis is good and young but Law and Barrett together were better than Revis and ? this year so far... )

the 05' team had a TON of injuries and still managed to play as good if not better than the 07' JETS with little or no injuries...

You still havent given me one good reason as to why Tangini is so much worse then every other FO and Coach in the league.

They think their **** doesnt stink... they avoid talent for good people... they do not change their ways to fit what they have...

They are going into year 3 with bigger holes than year 1.

Archived