Profootballtalk.com: Jets want Jenkins.

nyjetsjetsjets

I guess we're starting to see the results of Mangini and co. being on sesame street, with all these middle school like posts in here.

Jenkins has a TON of talent, but he cant stay healthy. Our line will be no different than last year if he continues his streak of getting hurt before half the season is over. However....if healthy, he'd definately make the line a lot better, and needless to say, we could use any help that could come.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess we're starting to see the results of Mangini and co. being on sesame street, with all these middle school like posts in here.

Jenkins has a TON of talent, but he cant stay healthy. Our line will be no different than last year if he continues his streak of getting hurt before half the season is over. However....if healthy, he'd definately make the line a lot better, and needless to say, we could use any help that could come.

Well the last two years he hasn't missed a game, so that's good news.

Jenkins has never played in a 3-4 defense.

How many men were on the 2003 Canes' defensive line?

How many men were on the 2000 Longhorns' defensive line?

How many men were on the 1997 Oklahoma State d-line?

How many men were there on the SD Chargers' d-line prior to 2004?

I only ask these questions b/c the three players commonly accepted at the NFL's best 3-4 NT's were on those teams.

Jenkins hasnt been the same player since those injuries he had a few years ago, but he is still highly effective. When motivated, Rogers is the better player today, but thats a big fat IF (pun intended).

Jenkins I think will be more willing to adapt to the 3-4 than Rogers would. He's a leader and hates losing.

I don't know I just came back from a Panthers board, and they all seem genuinely surprised. They mostly don't want to see him go. That's a very good sign when the fans don't want to see a player leave.

Most of the fans that bad mouthed him, it wasn't about his play, it was for chastising his teammates after a loss last year. Claimed they quit and had no heart, Seemed to get into it big time with Fox.

This trade is getting me excited. It really seems like something is going to happen. if it doesn't I'm going to be pissed

I don't know I just came back from a Panthers board, and they all seem genuinely surprised. They mostly don't want to see him go. That's a very good sign when the fans don't want to see a player leave.

Most of the fans that bad mouthed him, it wasn't about his play, it was for chastising his teammates after a loss last year. Claimed they quit and had no heart, Seemed to get into it big time with Fox.

This trade is getting me excited. It really seems like something is going to happen. if it doesn't I'm going to be pissed

I can't believe that is the first time that someone brought up the fact that this guy has a history of season ending injuries. Would it be great to get Jenkins? Absolutely, but if we sign this guy and he gets injured for the season in Week 2 I'm gonna be severely pissed. Not for nothing but I say we get Rogers and whip his ass in shape to play every down and utilize his talent for a full 60 minutes.

Sign me up for the camp that wants to see DROB at End next year. He is young and talented. He is in the wrong position. AT DE, I like his chances.

If we have to keep him than that would be ok, but if we have the chance to trade him than i am all for that. I think he would be ok at end, but i still think that he would have the problem of getting enfulfed by the larger OTs with long reaches. This is of course, assuming we get rogers or jenkins.

Sign me up for the camp that wants to see DROB at End next year. He is young and talented. He is in the wrong position. AT DE, I like his chances.

11 million dollar DE.

he better be real good. I'd rather have a draft pick for him. Going to be hard to find partners.

Jenkins at NT with DRob at DE is actually a very good 3-4 line already. Ellis isn't very good but he should at least be okay.

As I've said before, in the 3-4, that NT changes EVERYTHING. If we get Jenkins, honestly, I see this defense as easily top 10 next year, and I have hopes it can be a top 5 unit with the right scheming. I think Jenkins impact would be that great.

I really like Harris and Revis. I don't think we even need Assante, I think Rhodes is enough to rotate coverage, and leave Revis in single. I also think Harris behind Jenkins is a FORCE, and he will be a pro bowler.

I am really, really excited about getting Jenkins. I have been waiting for Mangini to do something like this for 2 years now. He gets Jenkins and Faneca and I'm back on board the Tangini bandwagon. I've been a vocal critic so I'd like to think that shows just how much this changes everything for me.

I LOVE this feeling of being confident and optimistic about the Jets next season!!! THIS FEELS SO GOOD!!!

And please play Leon Washington more too while you're actually making me happy now Mangini. The offense is still a concern, but this defense should be THERE. We just cross our fingers on Clemens developing and some draft picks or something and hope. But as long as the team is taking chances and addressing problems realistically, I can't complain.

Archived