****THE Official FA News Thread****

gangreenman

Thats right people, its that time!!!!

Thiis is an idea that came to me earlier in the day and I posted it on the all nighter thread. This is going to be a thread for news about Free Agent signings and trades. Again, thats not opinions, thats news. My idea was to make it sort of similar to the KJ threads, except this is going to be a news thread compiled by several people (hopefully) over the course of the weekend.

So, if you have news (as in, confirmed transactions or backboned rumors - multiple sources) feel free to post it here. If you have any opinions etc. about any of the news you see here, feel free to quote it and start another thread about it.

ENJOY!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats right people, its that time!!!!

Thiis is an idea that came to me earlier in the day and I posted it on the all nighter thread. This is going to be a thread for news about Free Agent signings and trades. Again, thats not opinions, thats news. My idea was to make it sort of similar to the KJ threads, except this is going to be a news thread compiled by several people (hopefully) over the course of the weekend.

So, if you have news (as in, confirmed transactions or backboned rumors - multiple sources) feel free to post it here. If you have any opinions etc. about any of the news you see here, feel free to quote it and start another thread about it.

ENJOY!

Great idea GGM...beat me to it

I know its been posted in other thread(s) but...

Jets | Team close to sending Vilma to New Orleans?

Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:07:58 -0800

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports the New York Jets are close to sending LB Jonathan Vilma to the New Orleans Saints, according to two sources. The Jets will receive a conditional draft pick, likely in the 2009 NFL Draft, based on Vilma's production, according to a league source.

-KFFL

I know its been posted in other thread(s) but...

Jets | Team close to sending Vilma to New Orleans?

Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:07:58 -0800

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports the New York Jets are close to sending LB Jonathan Vilma to the New Orleans Saints, according to two sources. The Jets will receive a conditional draft pick, likely in the 2009 NFL Draft, based on Vilma's production, according to a league source.

-KFFL

sorry but that is not enough....

PATS: NO DEAL W/ MOSS

As free agency began Friday at 12:00 AM ET, the Patriots had no deal in place with Randy Moss, according to ESPN's John Clayton.

The 6'4 wideout with 4.3 speed and a 40'' vertical who scored 23 TDs last season is officially open to the highest bidder. The Patriots shouldn't be out of the picture, but the 31-year-old may as well look around.

-Rotoworld

I do like the idea of having an extra second and a 4th next year, if we fill enough holes this year we could use those extra pieces to make moves for players we want.

I've heard it was a 3rd rounder with the option to become a 2nd.

Guys, please try to keep this thread news posts only.

Thanks.

PATS: NO DEAL W/ MOSS

As free agency began Friday at 12:00 AM ET, the Patriots had no deal in place with Randy Moss, according to ESPN's John Clayton.

The 6'4 wideout with 4.3 speed and a 40'' vertical who scored 23 TDs last season is officially open to the highest bidder. The Patriots shouldn't be out of the picture, but the 31-year-old may as well look around.

-Rotoworld

I'd love to see him end up on the packers..really basically on any team that's not the patriots.

SAMUEL TO PHILLY

The St. Petersburg Times "has it on good authority" that free agent Asante Samuel will sign with the Eagles.

In the last hour, there were all kinds of unsubstantiated reports coming out of Philly that the sides have a deal in place. The Birds may wait a few more hours or (ugh) until tomorrow to announce the agreement formally.

-Rotoworld

Jets close in on Faneca

The free-agent signing period opened at midnight, and the Jets were expected the strike quickly. The target: Steelers LG Alan Faneca.

The Jets are poised to make Faneca an $8 million-a-year offer and, barring an upset, they will get their man. The official announcement may not happen for a day or two, but those in the know believe it

ESPN's Ed Werder reports LT Flozell Adams' six-year contract with Dallas is worth over $42 million, including $15 million guaranteed.

Jerry Jones is thinking Super Bowl. Adams is highly unlikely to make it to the end of the deal (he'll be 38 in May of 2013), but if this is what it was going to take, Jones was going to make it happen. You can't fault him for that.

-Rotoworld

---

We all knew he signed-but these are the 1st real details

I cant stay up any longer..got work at 6am... but good luck guys... lets hope we are in for a great free agency this year...

same here, 12:30 and 6 am is commin fast, gotta go to bed, I was hoping to see atleast 1 signing but doesn't look like it, I'll check this thread at 6 when I wake up! good luck all!

Gnight Jet Nation!

GO JETS!

SAINTS SNAG VILMA

Tom Rock of Newsday reports that the Jets have struck a deal with the Saints for linebacker Jonathan Vilma.

Vilma will go to New Orleans, apparently for a conditional pick in the 2009 draft.

The conditional nature of the selection suggests that there are lingering concerns about Vilma's knee.

-Profootballtalk

ur beatin me to everything!

pixel.gif

Dolphins agreed to terms with G Justin Smiley on a five-year contract worth $25 million, including a $9 million signing bonus.

The Bengals, Raiders, and Rams were also thought to have interest. Smiley is recovering from a torn labrum, but should be O.K. by training camp. The 2004 second-round pick will play right guard in Miami, replacing Rex Hadnot.

Source: Santa Rosa Press Democrat

Dolphins agreed to terms with G Justin Smiley on a five-year contract worth $25 million, including a $9 million signing bonus.

The Bengals, Raiders, and Rams were also thought to have interest. Smiley is recovering from a torn labrum, but should be O.K. by training camp. The 2004 second-round pick will play right guard in Miami, replacing Rex Hadnot.

pixel.gif

Source: Santa Rosa Press Democrat

Talking about blowing up a market..

SMITH TO VISIT VIKES

As owner Zygi Wilf's plane heads to California to fetch receiver Bernard Berrian, the Vikes also have made arrangements for a

Friday visit from Bengals defensive end Justin Smith.

Smith played for Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier when Frazier worked in that same role with the Bengals.

The Vikings have a need for help at defensive end because Kenechi Udeze recently was diagnosed with leukemia. Smith was Cincinnati's franchise player in 2007.

Archived