****THE Official FA News Thread****

gangreenman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wilson to Oakland

Someone familiar with the situation tells Newsday that free agent S Gibril Wilson is expected to sign a deal with the Raiders.

The deal would be for $6-6.5 million a year, more than he was initially thought to be seeking. It looks like Oakland will keep Michael Huff at strong safety in 2008, rather than move him to his more natural spot on the weak side.

Source: Newsday

-Rotoworld

Anybody know much about the 4 year vet? I just read that the Chargers released him. Since his rookie year out of Ohio State he was their starting RT . Not an easy feat for a 7th round pick. Apparently he was beaten out for the starting role in the last 2 regular season games by Jeromy Clary. According to ESPN Olivea signed a 6 year $20 deal at the end of the 2006 season. Wondering if he might be worth a look by us for our RT spot. He's 6'4', 312 lbs. Thoughts?

Anybody know much about the 4 year vet? I just read that the Chargers released him. Since his rookie year out of Ohio State he was their starting RT . Not an easy feat for a 7th round pick. Apparently he was beaten out for the starting role in the last 2 regular season games by Jeromy Clary. According to ESPN Olivea signed a 6 year $20 deal at the end of the 2006 season. Wondering if he might be worth a look by us for our RT spot. He's 6'4', 312 lbs. Thoughts?

IDK but id appreciate if you keep this a news thread TJ.

WILLIAMS TO RESTRUCTURE W/ BROWNS

Upon acquiring DE Corey Williams from the Packers, FOXSports' Jay Glazer reports the Browns will sign him to a "lucrative, long-term deal."

Williams should be on the phone thanking Al Davis for setting the market outrageously high with the deal he gave Tommy Kelly. Unlike Kelly, Williams is coming off a healthy season. He's also been much more productive.

Source: FOXSports.com

-Rotoworld

on right now - clayton always looks like some kind of rag doll or disheveled ventriloquist's dummy.

No new news far as i heard

I would love to get drunk with John CLayton...and force him to say "MmmKay" all ****ing night. I'd have the best ****ing time eva!

SAINTS SNAG VILMA

Tom Rock of Newsday reports that the Jets have struck a deal with the Saints for linebacker Jonathan Vilma.

Vilma will go to New Orleans, apparently for a conditional pick in the 2009 draft.

The conditional nature of the selection suggests that there are lingering concerns about Vilma's knee.

-Profootballtalk

WTF?? 2009? This , if true, just ruined part of my day. How many tackles is that draft choice gonna make this year? :roll:

Kris Jenkins, DT of NYJ? (UPDATED) — Hutch has noted that sources close to the Jenkins deal have said that “It’s a strong possibility that something will get done (with Jenkins).” We’ll keep our eye out.

Adam Schefter has reported that the Jets want Kris Jenkins. we ask if this is just a ploy to sweeten the deal with Detroit? We like Jenkins better than Rogers as a “total package.” According to Cimini, he thinks that Jenkins could command a third rounder from the Jets...

-TheJetsBlog

From the article:

"Also, the Jets were close to finalizing a trade for Panthers Pro Bowl defensive tackle Kris Jenkins (6-4, 350 pounds). But with Vilma gone, it's unclear what the Panthers want in return from the Jets. Nose tackle Dewayne Robertson or draft picks are possibilities. "

pixel.gif

Dolphins agreed to terms with G Justin Smiley on a five-year contract worth $25 million, including a $9 million signing bonus.

The Bengals, Raiders, and Rams were also thought to have interest. Smiley is recovering from a torn labrum, but should be O.K. by training camp. The 2004 second-round pick will play right guard in Miami, replacing Rex Hadnot.

Source: Santa Rosa Press Democrat

CRAP ! I was hoping that Bama boy Smiley might be on our list if Faneca wasn't signed. He's younger and cheaper.

NO CONTRACT YET FOR KWAME

In response to our report that tackle Kwame Harris has agreed to terms with the Raiders, agent Ryan Tollner advised us that there is no deal yet with Oakland.

Tollner says that several teams are interested, and that a deal isn't expected to be reached before the end of the weekend.

-PFT

...Thats right, they were wrong again.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=1036049&mode

There is word that the 49ers have agreed to terms with QB J.T. O'Sullivan (Lions), LB Dontarrious Thomas (Vikings) and RB DeShaun Foster (recently cut by the Panthers). Terms of these deals are not known.

Foster 2 yrs. for $1.8 million. O'Sullivan 1 year NFL minimum plus $40,000 bonus, Thomas 2 yr. deal.

Archived