Alan Faneca News (Merged 2X)

JetsFan220

Hopefully, but he heard it on the radio from a guy who has somehting to do with the Cards, and if you remember the Cards was Fanecas first choice.

And this trade is heating up.....

Eagles Trade Lito Shepard and picks to Cards for Fitzgerald.

And Fitzgerald's contract is what is holding them back form Faneca.

Are you serious ?

Since when did he sign with anybody? I read that he wanted a 10 year, $100 mil contract. If that's true, NO THANKS.

from profootballtalk.com

POSTED 1:53 p.m. EST, February 29, 2008

SAMUEL SET TO JOIN THE FLOCK

Various media reports, collected and referenced by our good friends at SportingNews.com, indicate that cornerback Asante Samuel will indeed sign a contract with the Eagles on Friday.

It's reportedly a five-year, $47.2 million deal. To the casual fan, that's short of the $10 million per year average from the eight-year, $80 million deal signed last year by Nate Clements of the 49ers. As everyone in PFT Planet knows, the Clements deal is actually seven years and $64 million, making it worth a hair over $9 million per year.

Samuel's deal carries an average of nearly $9.5 million. They could have added a phony final year that would have pushed the average to $10 million per year or more, and we respect both sides for doing what looks to be a "real" deal.

Also, there's a certain irony regarding the five-year duration of the contract. Typically, the Eagles like to lock players up for looooong periods of time. As it now stands, Samuel's deal will expire before the contracts signed by some of the young players who cashed in early.

from profootballtalk.com

POSTED 1:53 p.m. EST, February 29, 2008

SAMUEL SET TO JOIN THE FLOCK

Various media reports, collected and referenced by our good friends at SportingNews.com, indicate that cornerback Asante Samuel will indeed sign a contract with the Eagles on Friday.

It's reportedly a five-year, $47.2 million deal. To the casual fan, that's short of the $10 million per year average from the eight-year, $80 million deal signed last year by Nate Clements of the 49ers. As everyone in PFT Planet knows, the Clements deal is actually seven years and $64 million, making it worth a hair over $9 million per year.

Samuel's deal carries an average of nearly $9.5 million. They could have added a phony final year that would have pushed the average to $10 million per year or more, and we respect both sides for doing what looks to be a "real" deal.

Also, there's a certain irony regarding the five-year duration of the contract. Typically, the Eagles like to lock players up for looooong periods of time. As it now stands, Samuel's deal will expire before the contracts signed by some of the young players who cashed in early.

If the Eagles trade Lito for Larry, Eagles got the NFC on lock.

Who the ***** would want to play in arizona. No less were offering more money straight up seriously with him we'll be good even if the cardinals get him their still gonna suck. I still hope we can get this done.

Well, we were worse than they were, they have less income tax and better weather. That's why in order to attract FAs we really need to be a good team and take advantage of that, rather than wait until we are terrible and then in panic mode have to deal form a weaker position.

Actually the Cardinals are not that bad. They have better skill position players than us, and that defense is no joke either. Their main problem was O-line, and, well, that was our problem too, that's why we want Faneca. I mean look at that offense. Kurt Warner at QB, with Leinart waiting in the wings is a lot better than our Chad and Clemens duo. They have Edge as their RB, who destroys TJ. They have Fitzgerald and Boldin as their WRs, who destroy Coles and Cotch.

I hope we get Faneca but I can understand why he'd want to play in Arizona. He might be sick of the northeast weather.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get him. Let's face it, if he really wanted to come here, he'd be here by now.

I guess barton was premature huh? I guess typical Jets fan thinking, always shooting off their loads early. I think I understand now why our mods are the way they are.

I hope we do get him though. I think we have a shot, it's just not such a closed deal that we thought it was. This is why waiting 2 years to do something is stupid, there is no guarantee that you can get that specific FA. What if Pitt didn't even let him walk? It was not Tangini's plan to suck for 2 years, they just had no clue they needed to address the O-line before now.

Who the ***** would want to play in arizona. No less were offering more money straight up seriously with him we'll be good even if the cardinals get him their still gonna suck. I still hope we can get this done.

Arizona is beautiful.Summer year round alot less crime than NY/NJ area.Some really big homes good schools.

Faneca might be headed to Arizona whats plan "B"

You should shoot your balls off when we sign him!

:P

I hope we get him, but if we don't I won't be too upset, mainly because it's pretty common knowledge how much he wants to play for his old coaches. I also know that if he does sign with the Cards, people here will probably go nuts with cries of "DOOOOM!!!".

And I would prefer to keep my balls intact :P

Archived