Proposal for a trade for you Yanks/Bosox- fans

faba

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Yanks would be more desperate for this trade. Some team will be taking on a huge gamble that Glavine's arm and mind holds up. Glavine can still pitch, but he's so inconsistent at this point with the strike zone that a contender will have to almost start warming up a reliever in the first inning.

The Yanks would be more desperate for this trade. Some team will be taking on a huge gamble that Glavine's arm and mind holds up. Glavine can still pitch, but he's so inconsistent at this point with the strike zone that a contender will have to almost start warming up a reliever in the first inning.

Thing is, the Yanks don't really have anyone they can dump. Too much $$ is tied up. Pavano is due back in a week or two, and I'll take him over Glavine. Brown vs Glavine=push.

I think the Yanks want Juan Pierre or A.J. Burnett, but again no bargaining power.

Thing is, the Yanks don't really have anyone they can dump. Too much $$ is tied up. Pavano is due back in a week or two, and I'll take him over Glavine. Brown vs Glavine=push.

I think the Yanks want Juan Pierre or A.J. Burnett, but again no bargaining power.

I would probably take a pass on him even though the Yanks need a starter in the worst way right now.

My guess is that you will probably see (Don't laugh Tom)Al Leiter in a Yankee uniform making a couple of starts. The Yanks will probably give up a low level prospect or wait for him to be released.

Leiter stays until Brown and Pavano return and then who knows, if he pitches well he stays if not then he is outta here as well.

I just think since quest-tec came around Glavine has not been the same pitcher.

I would probably take a pass on him even though the Yanks need a starter in the worst way right now.

My guess is that you will probably see (Don't laugh Tom)Al Leiter in a Yankee uniform making a couple of starts. The Yanks will probably give up a low level prospect or wait for him to be released.

Leiter stays until Brown and Pavano return and then who knows, if he pitches well he stays if not then he is outta here as well.

I just think since quest-tec came around Glavine has not been the same pitcher.

It's all over the radio that Burnett is going to end up in Detroit of all places. :shock:

Shawn, here is how Leiter would work out for the Yanks: Because he is a media whore he'd come in pumped up and pitch decent for two weeks and then his arm will fall off. He is shot.

It's all over the radio that Burnett is going to end up in Detroit of all places. :shock:

Shawn, here is how Leiter would work out for the Yanks: Because he is a media whore he'd come in pumped up and pitch decent for two weeks and then his arm will fall off. He is shot.

Take it from someone that has seen Leiter many times last couple of years- you better be warming up your bullpen guys from the 4th inning on- he kills your bullpen because he throws so many pitches and is out of the game-

Take it from someone that has seen Leiter many times last couple of years- you better be warming up your bullpen guys from the 4th inning on- he kills your bullpen because he throws so many pitches and is out of the game-

Which is EXACTLY what the Yanks need right now. Pavano and Brown will be back by then and you hope that either

1) Wright is ready to at least make a rehab start

2) Wang injury is not as bad as the Yanks think it is.

Which is EXACTLY what the Yanks need right now. Pavano and Brown will be back by then and you hope that either

1) Wright is ready to at least make a rehab start

2) Wang injury is not as bad as the Yanks think it is.

Agreed.

If Leiter can give them 5 or 6 and then turn it over to the bullpen they could survivie for now.

Don't want that though for the rest of the season.

Leiter would basically be a hold the fort guy.

Agreed.

If Leiter can give them 5 or 6 and then turn it over to the bullpen they could survivie for now.

Don't want that though for the rest of the season.

Leiter would basically be a hold the fort guy.

Im not taking Glavine off your hands because we dont need starting pitching. However, if youre willing to take Millar off our hands, I may be willing to take one of your other big contracts like, say, Mike Cameron. I know you have like 3 1st basemen, all of them former Red Sox, but you can stick Millar out in RF for all I care.

And youre not getting Damon because the Red Sox will hopefully have to make every effort to sign Johnny upon year's end (all good teams MUST have a leadoff hitter) or at least ride out this ungodly year that JD is having.

But Im open to dealing with the Mets. Talk to me about Roberto Hernandez. I might let you fleece us a little bit there. Like, Kevin Youkilis and cash for example. Braden Looper, no thank you, too much money and I've seen him in bog spots before.

As far as the Yankees acquiring Glavine, I hope it happens but I cant see george wanting him. They might want Al Leiter from FLA, but they are in a huge position to get fleeced by any team they trade with. With Wang out possibly for the year, theyre gonna need a battle tested vet. But FLA isnt interested in Melky, they dont need Cano, Sheffield wont let you trade him...and you have nobody else this side of Matsui, who might not wave his No-trade. And all this drama for a shot Al Leiter?

Jason Schmidt seems like a much better solution to the pitching woes of NYY. Good luck dealing with Sabean, youre gonna need it. The again, as long as Giambi is back on the juice, you might be able to scrape by without pitching and score 10 runs a night.

Im not taking Glavine off your hands because we dont need starting pitching. However, if youre willing to take Millar off our hands, I may be willing to take one of your other big contracts like, say, Mike Cameron. I know you have like 3 1st basemen, all of them former Red Sox, but you can stick Millar out in RF for all I care.

And youre not getting Damon because the Red Sox will hopefully have to make every effort to sign Johnny upon year's end (all good teams MUST have a leadoff hitter) or at least ride out this ungodly year that JD is having.

But Im open to dealing with the Mets. Talk to me about Roberto Hernandez. I might let you fleece us a little bit there. Like, Kevin Youkilis and cash for example. Braden Looper, no thank you, too much money and I've seen him in bog spots before.

As far as the Yankees acquiring Glavine, I hope it happens but I cant see george wanting him. They might want Al Leiter from FLA, but they are in a huge position to get fleeced by any team they trade with. With Wang out possibly for the year, theyre gonna need a battle tested vet. But FLA isnt interested in Melky, they dont need Cano, Sheffield wont let you trade him...and you have nobody else this side of Matsui, who might not wave his No-trade. And all this drama for a shot Al Leiter?

Jason Schmidt seems like a much better solution to the pitching woes of NYY. Good luck dealing with Sabean, youre gonna need it. The again, as long as Giambi is back on the juice, you might be able to scrape by without pitching and score 10 runs a night.

I don't see how Glavine doesn't go if the Mets can get anything of value for him. Question for the Yankees is whether Eric Duncan is a superstar in the making or no better than your average corner infielder that comes on the free agent market every year as roster filler-Corey Koskie, Paul Konerko, JT Snow, Tino. But a guy making $10.7 million for the season has a limited market. Leiter figures to come a whole bunch cheaper than Glavine, trade value and dollar wise. And now notwithstanding Glavine's few good outings, neither is anything more than a 5 inning pitcher.

There is a better chance of JBF having a 3-way this afternoon with Jessica Simpson and Pam Anderson than there is of any NL team taking on Kevin Millar.

I don't see how Glavine doesn't go if the Mets can get anything of value for him. Question for the Yankees is whether Eric Duncan is a superstar in the making or no better than your average corner infielder that comes on the free agent market every year as roster filler-Corey Koskie, Paul Konerko, JT Snow, Tino. But a guy making $10.7 million for the season has a limited market. Leiter figures to come a whole bunch cheaper than Glavine, trade value and dollar wise. And now notwithstanding Glavine's few good outings, neither is anything more than a 5 inning pitcher.

There is a better chance of JBF having a 3-way this afternoon with Jessica Simpson and Pam Anderson than there is of any NL team taking on Kevin Millar.

where in the hell did you hear that? :shock:

Not that I'd be suprised, considering how they were bidding on Pavano last off season, and Brunett is a Dombrowski guy. And, lest we forget Dombrowski is the president of the Tigers.

And, it's not like the Tigers are all crap. While they're fourth in the AL Central, it's also the toughest division in the league. And their hitting has been inconsistant. And Troy Percival sucks. With all that against them, they're still only 3 games under the break even mark. Consider that only two years ago, they lost 119 games, that's one hell of a turn around. Magglio is back and hitting. Chris Shelton is the truth.

that being said... anyone want Dmitri Young?

Not that I'd be suprised, considering how they were bidding on Pavano last off season, and Brunett is a Dombrowski guy. And, lest we forget Dombrowski is the president of the Tigers.

And, it's not like the Tigers are all crap. While they're fourth in the AL Central, it's also the toughest division in the league. And their hitting has been inconsistant. And Troy Percival sucks. With all that against them, they're still only 3 games under the break even mark. Consider that only two years ago, they lost 119 games, that's one hell of a turn around. Magglio is back and hitting. Chris Shelton is the truth.

I don't see where this would be a surprise.

Give the Tigers credit. Illich is spending some money on something other than the Red Wings, they have come up with some good young pitchers and still have I-Rod there to help nurture them.

I don't know what the Tigers have in the farm system to give up for a guy like Burnett but if they have a shot at him you gotta take it.

I don't see where this would be a surprise.

Give the Tigers credit. Illich is spending some money on something other than the Red Wings, they have come up with some good young pitchers and still have I-Rod there to help nurture them.

I don't know what the Tigers have in the farm system to give up for a guy like Burnett but if they have a shot at him you gotta take it.

Now, why is that necessary? I thought Max and Tom said we are not to make personal insults and we are to keep it PG-rated. Anyhow, since you brought it up, rest assured...JBF gets more @ss than a toilet seat!!!

Now, why is that necessary? I thought Max and Tom said we are not to make personal insults and we are to keep it PG-rated. Anyhow, since you brought it up, rest assured...JBF gets more @ss than a toilet seat!!!

Max is on vacation. Personal attacks are allowed for three days. Sorry JB. We'll get 'em back at the YEP.

Max is on vacation. Personal attacks are allowed for three days. Sorry JB. We'll get 'em back at the YEP.

UH OH! Personal attacks are allowed? And the Yankees just beat Schilling? This place is sure to be crawling with Yankee yahoos that want to pay me back...at least until the Yankees sh*t the bed again. Then the few of us who are always here can go back to civillized discourse.

'Til then, Hey Bugg:

<Radio edit> :lol:

UH OH! Personal attacks are allowed? And the Yankees just beat Schilling? This place is sure to be crawling with Yankee yahoos that want to pay me back...at least until the Yankees sh*t the bed again. Then the few of us who are always here can go back to civillized discourse.

'Til then, Hey Bugg:

<Radio edit> :lol:

Archived