Proposal for a trade for you Yanks/Bosox- fans

faba

No personal attack intended. But all of your trade offers amount to "Give the Sawx a useful player for a player who is of no practical use to the the other team". You hear it all the time on sports radio or get such offers in fantasy. You're so myopic that you don't even bother to consider the other team. Millar is fat, old, slow, expensive, chock full of self-importance and cannot field any position proficiently, and there's no DH in the NL. Why exactly would anyone trade as much as a box of scuffed balls for such a guy? And Youkilis would be starting at 3b already if he was worth anything. Why would the Mets with Wright and a glut of outfielders and 1st basemen be inclined to pick up either? Did you stop and even bother to look at the Mets' roster?

Bugg...youre a f*cking idiot (no personal attack here either, bud) Seriously, lets not go crazy over Roberto Hernandez. Hes a over-the-hill journeyman RP who happens to b having a good year on a go-nowhere, NL team. In case you havent heard...the NL is the JV of MLB. I like a great many of the Met fans on here...but the Mets suck like a Hoover! Youkilis or Papelbon + cash to the Mets for Hernandez is a better deal for the Mets and somewhat fleeces the Red Sox.

Now, onto Youkilis...he is already a pretty good player and it wouldnt surprise me in the least if he becomes great (you know, by the time the Mets are ready to be good again.) How is he supposed to get regular ABs backing up Bill Mueller?

And if I were Hernandez, I'd rather pitch in Fenway than mop-up duty against whichever team is beating the Mets. And I am the myopian? You seem to think the Mets are in some kind of advantageous position where they are a few players away from being good, which is clearly not the case.

Oh, and I thought it was obvious...I was joking about Millar. Alas, there isnt one single team that is dumb/desperate enough to touch him and were stuck with his malcontent ass. You dont think I know that?

why dont you just....ahem....bugg off.

bwa-hahahahhahahahahahahahahhaha

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No personal attack intended. But all of your trade offers amount to "Give the Sawx a useful player for a player who is of no practical use to the the other team". You hear it all the time on sports radio or get such offers in fantasy. You're so myopic that you don't even bother to consider the other team. Millar is fat, old, slow, expensive, chock full of self-importance and cannot field any position proficiently, and there's no DH in the NL. Why exactly would anyone trade as much as a box of scuffed balls for such a guy? And Youkilis would be starting at 3b already if he was worth anything. Why would the Mets with Wright and a glut of outfielders and 1st basemen be inclined to pick up either? Did you stop and even bother to look at the Mets' roster?

Bugg...youre a f*cking idiot (no personal attack here either, bud) Seriously, lets not go crazy over Roberto Hernandez. Hes a over-the-hill journeyman RP who happens to b having a good year on a go-nowhere, NL team. In case you havent heard...the NL is the JV of MLB. I like a great many of the Met fans on here...but the Mets suck like a Hoover! Youkilis or Papelbon + cash to the Mets for Hernandez is a better deal for the Mets and somewhat fleeces the Red Sox.

Now, onto Youkilis...he is already a pretty good player and it wouldnt surprise me in the least if he becomes great (you know, by the time the Mets are ready to be good again.) How is he supposed to get regular ABs backing up Bill Mueller?

And if I were Hernandez, I'd rather pitch in Fenway than mop-up duty against whichever team is beating the Mets. And I am the myopian? You seem to think the Mets are in some kind of advantageous position where they are a few players away from being good, which is clearly not the case.

Oh, and I thought it was obvious...I was joking about Millar. Alas, there isnt one single team that is dumb/desperate enough to touch him and were stuck with his malcontent ass. You dont think I know that?

why dont you just....ahem....bugg off.

bwa-hahahahhahahahahahahahahhaha

Please-Mueller's nothing special. the weakest batting title in history. He's platooned; no power; he rarely bats above 7 or 8. And Youkilis still can't dislodge him.

I'm tired of you and others with these fanciful "my 3 pieces of poop for a productive player". Why would the mets look to dump a cheap reclamation reliever like Hernandez for nothing? Good cheap relievers are what every team is looking for. Because Hernandez might like bandbox FEnway over spacious SHea? Once again, nonsensical, thy name is JBF. If you want him, it's gonna take a real genuine live prospect, not some roster filler like Youkilis and Papion or Grey Poupon or Gold Dubloon. Again look at the Mets roster-Wright locked into 3b for about the next decade, and Minckeiwicz, Daubach and the soon-to-be recalled Victor Diaz clogging 1b. Simply explain why they'd be interested in either Youkilis or Millar? Neither is much an improvement, and both are defensively worse. Millar makes more than any of'em. Heck, Youkilis may be arbitration-eligible well before either Wright or Diaz.

If you aren't gonna post something that makes sense, don't bother posting at all. Crazy idea-look and see if it makes any sense for a team other than the Sawx.And your supposed moves don't make sense for the Mets at all.

Please-Mueller's nothing special. the weakest batting title in history. He's platooned; no power; he rarely bats above 7 or 8. And Youkilis still can't dislodge him.

I'm tired of you and others with these fanciful "my 3 pieces of poop for a productive player". Why would the mets look to dump a cheap reclamation reliever like Hernandez for nothing? Good cheap relievers are what every team is looking for. Because Hernandez might like bandbox FEnway over spacious SHea? Once again, nonsensical, thy name is JBF. If you want him, it's gonna take a real genuine live prospect, not some roster filler like Youkilis and Papion or Grey Poupon or Gold Dubloon. Again look at the Mets roster-Wright locked into 3b for about the next decade, and Minckeiwicz, Daubach and the soon-to-be recalled Victor Diaz clogging 1b. Simply explain why they'd be interested in either Youkilis or Millar? Neither is much an improvement, and both are defensively worse. Millar makes more than any of'em. Heck, Youkilis may be arbitration-eligible well before either Wright or Diaz.

If you aren't gonna post something that makes sense, don't bother posting at all. Crazy idea-look and see if it makes any sense for a team other than the Sawx.And your supposed moves don't make sense for the Mets at all.

I don't see where this would be a surprise.

Give the Tigers credit. Illich is spending some money on something other than the Red Wings, they have come up with some good young pitchers and still have I-Rod there to help nurture them.

I don't know what the Tigers have in the farm system to give up for a guy like Burnett but if they have a shot at him you gotta take it.

Not that I'm suprised... it's just that, being in Detroit, I haven't heard that rumor.

The Tigers have a lil bit in their farm. There are three untouchables, I think. Verlander, Zumaya, and Giratanno (the SS who came up ever so briefly while Gullien was on the DL). Other than that, everyone can be had, for a price.

But, like I said, the first and only times I've heard about the Tigers getting AJ is on here. I haven't heard it on Detroit sports radio. Or anywhere else, for that matter.

I don't see where this would be a surprise.

Give the Tigers credit. Illich is spending some money on something other than the Red Wings, they have come up with some good young pitchers and still have I-Rod there to help nurture them.

I don't know what the Tigers have in the farm system to give up for a guy like Burnett but if they have a shot at him you gotta take it.

Not that I'm suprised... it's just that, being in Detroit, I haven't heard that rumor.

The Tigers have a lil bit in their farm. There are three untouchables, I think. Verlander, Zumaya, and Giratanno (the SS who came up ever so briefly while Gullien was on the DL). Other than that, everyone can be had, for a price.

But, like I said, the first and only times I've heard about the Tigers getting AJ is on here. I haven't heard it on Detroit sports radio. Or anywhere else, for that matter.

This post is a complete abortion!!! "Weakest batting title in history" Now thats an oxymoron!

Im not gonna sit here and extoll the virtues of Billy Mueller. I dont have to do that. The guy is a freaking great ballplayer! Because Kevin Youkilis doesnt start over him means nothing. You know what, forget this stupid-ass trade, Bugg. Youre really pissing me off now! Im not giving you Youk, Im not giving you Jon Papelbon...you can keep Roberto Hernandez for long relief in Mets mop-up situations.

Trust me tho, the Mets would be smart to move him for a prospect or two...lets just hope Jim Duquette or Omar Minaya or WTF is the GM doesnt have the same unrealistic outlook that Buggy has. I have always been indifferent toward him, but this guy is a total jagoff.

And no, GS, I havent heard anything about Phil Nevin coming to Boston for David Wells...I highly doubt thats the case. Nor would I make that trade, I am just getting used to Boomer and all of his baggage.

This post is a complete abortion!!! "Weakest batting title in history" Now thats an oxymoron!

Im not gonna sit here and extoll the virtues of Billy Mueller. I dont have to do that. The guy is a freaking great ballplayer! Because Kevin Youkilis doesnt start over him means nothing. You know what, forget this stupid-ass trade, Bugg. Youre really pissing me off now! Im not giving you Youk, Im not giving you Jon Papelbon...you can keep Roberto Hernandez for long relief in Mets mop-up situations.

Trust me tho, the Mets would be smart to move him for a prospect or two...lets just hope Jim Duquette or Omar Minaya or WTF is the GM doesnt have the same unrealistic outlook that Buggy has. I have always been indifferent toward him, but this guy is a total jagoff.

And no, GS, I havent heard anything about Phil Nevin coming to Boston for David Wells...I highly doubt thats the case. Nor would I make that trade, I am just getting used to Boomer and all of his baggage.

Jim Duquette is VP for promtions and ticket manager after trading Kazmir last year for reasons best known only to himself; Omar Minaya is the GM. The Mets also have Miguel Cairo, Chris Woodard and Marlon Anderson as utility guys who can play 3b and 1b and all can play the outfield too, something neither Youkilis nor Millar can really do. They have these websites that give you the team roster and everything-you should look it up.So why exactly would they want another extra infielder, and in the case of both Millar and Youkilis, ones with lousy gloves and with less postion utility than the guys they already have?

Wishful think away, JBF! Yes, on your planet, every team should lay their good chips on the table for the Sawx' cow chips.

Jim Duquette is VP for promtions and ticket manager after trading Kazmir last year for reasons best known only to himself; Omar Minaya is the GM. The Mets also have Miguel Cairo, Chris Woodard and Marlon Anderson as utility guys who can play 3b and 1b and all can play the outfield too, something neither Youkilis nor Millar can really do. They have these websites that give you the team roster and everything-you should look it up.So why exactly would they want another extra infielder, and in the case of both Millar and Youkilis, ones with lousy gloves and with less postion utility than the guys they already have?

Wishful think away, JBF! Yes, on your planet, every team should lay their good chips on the table for the Sawx' cow chips.

First things first, bugg. I said my trade was off the table! You snooze you lose.

Second, with all these outstanding utility outfielders you named, with such great talent at the disposal of the Mets, with such untouchables as Woodward, Cairo, and Marlon Somebody...how come the Mets are in last place?

Ya know those websites you were telling me about, funnyman??? You can check them all. They have the Metropolitans in last place.

Third, I dont assume they want Millar. I dont think anyone does...including us!

Fourth...they'd be fools not to jump at the chance for Youkilis, kinda like youre a fool for not recognizing the future all-star potential in Youkie.

Too bad, you cant have him now.

Now, please: shut the f*ck up already!!!

First things first, bugg. I said my trade was off the table! You snooze you lose.

Second, with all these outstanding utility outfielders you named, with such great talent at the disposal of the Mets, with such untouchables as Woodward, Cairo, and Marlon Somebody...how come the Mets are in last place?

Ya know those websites you were telling me about, funnyman??? You can check them all. They have the Metropolitans in last place.

Third, I dont assume they want Millar. I dont think anyone does...including us!

Fourth...they'd be fools not to jump at the chance for Youkilis, kinda like youre a fool for not recognizing the future all-star potential in Youkie.

Too bad, you cant have him now.

Now, please: shut the f*ck up already!!!

If he's such a future all star, why would you give him up? ANd why over parts of 2 seasons hasn't he dislodged Mueller? Mueller won the 2003 title with a .326 average-and never came close to matching it before or since. Wade Boggs or Rod Carew(high average/low power) usually batted in the 2 hole. Mueller bats in the bottom of the order.

Yes-they're in last place. Give'em a A or AA starter, A or AA catcher or OF prospect, even an iffy one or two, and you might have a deal. But your wishful thinking notwithstanding Omar Minaya(he got the job in the fall-it was in all the papers; Duquette was demoted) isn't taking on another infielder, and one of marginal utility at that, when he already ahs a glut of them. .

I'm trying not to be nasty. I'm at a loss why you are behaving like that. Can you please take a minute and look at the team you're dealing with and for a brief second consider what they want or need and what they don't need. Because you look pretty silly proposing the Mets do a deal which helps the Sawx but makes zero sense for their perspective.

If he's such a future all star, why would you give him up? ANd why over parts of 2 seasons hasn't he dislodged Mueller? Mueller won the 2003 title with a .326 average-and never came close to matching it before or since. Wade Boggs or Rod Carew(high average/low power) usually batted in the 2 hole. Mueller bats in the bottom of the order.

Yes-they're in last place. Give'em a A or AA starter, A or AA catcher or OF prospect, even an iffy one or two, and you might have a deal. But your wishful thinking notwithstanding Omar Minaya(he got the job in the fall-it was in all the papers; Duquette was demoted) isn't taking on another infielder, and one of marginal utility at that, when he already ahs a glut of them. .

I'm trying not to be nasty. I'm at a loss why you are behaving like that. Can you please take a minute and look at the team you're dealing with and for a brief second consider what they want or need and what they don't need. Because you look pretty silly proposing the Mets do a deal which helps the Sawx but makes zero sense for their perspective.

Oh Good Lord help me.

Bugg youre right...Im wrong...you rule, I drool...the Mets are awesome, the Red Sox suck...they have a splendid team...they have no need for heralded young, cheap players...they'd be wise to keep all their old-timers especially the ones other teams might want for themselves...oh, and you gotta love what they are building!

just please...go away! Now I know why they call you bugg!!!

Oh Good Lord help me.

Bugg youre right...Im wrong...you rule, I drool...the Mets are awesome, the Red Sox suck...they have a splendid team...they have no need for heralded young, cheap players...they'd be wise to keep all their old-timers especially the ones other teams might want for themselves...oh, and you gotta love what they are building!

just please...go away! Now I know why they call you bugg!!!

I've been meaning to look up this thread for awhile. Some things of note here:

1. The day Bugg and I went at it over my more-than-fair trade proposal, Youkilis and cash for Roberto Hernandez...Roberto H took the hill for the Met-a-mucils and gave up the walk-off. Bugg, thats what you get for taking such a poor tact with yours truly...one of the best baseball minds on the internet. You clearly upset the baseball gods.

2. Any GM will tell you to move a 40-year old journeyman (hopefully with something left in the tank) for a young player with tremendous potential and upside, 10 times out of 10.

3. Were gonna get JC Freakin' Romero, so you can keep your geriatric mop-up pitcher.

4. Bill Mueller is going to be used to get Romero, and Theo is going to move the herladed 3rd baseman because he is so confident that Youkilis can step in THIS YEAR and play 3rd equal to or better than Mueller.

5. Theo thinks so highly of Youk that he is refusing to pull the trigger on a deal that would bring AJ Burnett to Boston because Mike Lowell would come here too and he'd rather have Youkilis play 3rd!

I thought this would take a year or two maybe for me to be proven RIGHT and you to be exposed as a fraud...it took a few days!

You suck, BUGG!!! (No offense of course)

Archived