Alan Faneca Signs 5yr 40M {Merged 3x}

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thor told me even after a Blow J he complains that it's over.

I'm still at work and if I get up from my desk, someone is bound to report me to Human Resources.

You want to know something? I couldn't give two ****s that we let Farrior walk. To me the mistake was not wringing what we could out of him while he was here. What upset me was that they developed

Cards' Pace close to deal with Miami

Bob McManaman

The Arizona Republic

Mar. 1, 2008 12:00 AM

The Cardinals apparently are on the verge of losing linebacker Calvin Pace as a free agent to the Miami Dolphins.

The team also seems all but out of the race for Steelers free-agent offensive lineman Alan Faneca, a seven-time Pro Bowl player who tentatively has agreed on a four-year deal worth $32 million with the New York Jets.

Cardinals General Manager Rod Graves was not available for comment late Friday when the signings appeared close to becoming imminent, although neither deal is expected to be finalized until sometime this weekend.

Pace didn't become a starter for the Cardinals until Chike Okeafor went down with an injury early in training camp last season and he beat out Darryl Blackstock for the job. His stock rose slowly, but then considerably on the open market once several premier linebackers were locked up by their respective teams.

Faneca, who played for Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt and assistant coach/offensive line Russ Grimm when the two were together in Pittsburgh, is said to have agreed to a contract with the Jets that would bring him $20 million or more in guaranteed dollars.

Faneca also was said to be considering similar offers from the St. Louis Rams and San Francisco 49ers, both NFC West Division rivals of the Cardinals.

If true, that is much more than the Cardinals were able or willing to pay, given their salary-cap restraints, especially when trying to restructure the expensive contract of wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald.

Rumors have been floating out of Philadelphia for the past few days that the Eagles, who signed a deal in principle with free-agent cornerback Asante Samuel of the AFC champion New England Patriots, were trying to procure a trade with the Cardinals for the rights to Fitzgerald, possibly for cornerback Lito Sheppard and a draft pick.

Graves on Thursday categorized such rumors as "nothing but smoke," downplaying the speculation and adding that he has had continuous discussions with Fitzgerald's agent, Eugene Parker, on a deal to keep the two-time Pro Bowl player in the Valley.

Parker wasn't available for comment, but during a online chat with ESPN.com, Fitzgerald professed his desire to remain with the Cardinals, saying, among other things, "I love Arizona, I like my coaching staff, I think we'll be successful for years to come, and I want to be a part of that.

"I'm not looking to be traded. I don't want to be traded," he added.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...cards0301.html

Our chances just keeping going up and up and up:)

If Faneca is coming in for a visit today, possibly to finalize the structure of the deal, you do not let him leave without signing his name on the dotted line. No way, no how. I want to see Faneca holding up a Green #66 jersey by the time I return home from work tonight.

SIGN FANECA!

If Faneca is coming in for a visit today, possibly to finalize the structure of the deal, you do not let him leave without signing his name on the dotted line. No way, no how. I want to see Faneca holding up a Green #66 jersey by the time I return home from work tonight.

SIGN FANECA!

Is he visiting today?

And his agent said there should be a decision by Saturday night 6:00 P.M. the latest.

Is he visiting today?

And his agent said there should be a decision by Saturday night 6:00 P.M. the latest.

It was reported last night by NFL Network and I believe ESPN as well that Faneca was coming to New York today, his only visit of the three teams. Thats a good sign IMO.

That is a great sign considering I saw reports that stated he WILL NOT VISIT any teams.

Yeah Fanecas agent made this quote in an article

"One flight, one visit"

The article said he'll make a trip to one place and sign there that day.

Yeah Fanecas agent made this quote in an article

"One flight, one visit"

The article said he'll make a trip to one place and sign there that day.

A no BS guy. I go there. I sign there. No pomp. No fluff. No crap. Let's get it going. Let's knock some f**king heads. I like it.

Sucks for her. I don't think Minny was one of the teams reported to be negotiating with him.

Guys, don't discount this "wife hates NY stuff". I've seen it play into FA before. The more this "signing" lingers the more nervous I become. I'm think ' Look you want 8 mil per, well here it is , WTF's the problem ?' . just sign it and be done with it.

Guys, don't discount this "wife hates NY stuff". I've seen it play into FA before. The more this "signing" lingers the more nervous I become. I'm think ' Look you want 8 mil per, well here it is , WTF's the problem ?' . just sign it and be done with it.

I think that was just an Antoine Winfield joke.

SIGN FANECA!

He is NOT coming in for a visit today. His agent told Tom Rock that the ESPN reports were FALSE. he also said it didn't mean it wouldn't happen. It hasn't happened yet.

Don't start partying yet guys. The Faneca camp is clearly hoping someone else steps up and tops the Jets offer. If Faneca is good for his word, it will be done one way or the other tonight,

Who will he pick? The Jets, Rams and 49ers all have offers out. The Jets have let everyone know this is the player they want.

Also if he picks the Rams, we are all gonna agree that he sucks right? But if he signs here, he is a Pro Bowler!

Who will he pick? The Jets, Rams and 49ers all have offers out. The Jets have let everyone know this is the player they want.

Also if he picks the Rams, we are all gonna agree that he sucks right? But if he signs here, he is a Pro Bowler!

If he doesn't sign this place (me included) will go ****ing crazy!!!

Nah, he'll be a Pro Bowler anyway. Just a ****ty one like Vilma.

I'm on board with that.

WTF is going on ?

I thought he's with us already ?

Nope. Just that we made the offer & the amounts were published.

If he doesn't take it, I can't really fault us for failing to offer MORE than $8M/yr with $20M up front for a guard. I'm comfortable with the offer as-is given the ludicrous contracts that are flying around, but if someone else offers $9M or more for him, then I can't kill our FO for not offering him close to $10M/yr.

Then again, $2M/yr is going to Sione Pouha...

WTF is going on ?

I thought he's with us already ?

It's funny, I wasn't hot to get him particularly, just a good guard. But now that they announced the signing and he appears to have hedged (I am as sure as my guessing powers allow me to be that this is what happened and the Jets are being close-mouthed about it), I will be super pissed if he does not honor the agreement..

You think he will pull an Antoine Winfield?

Yup...I think he takes the nice weather in SF to finish his career.

Following this franchise in the recent or distant past is enough to give anyone that feeling.

I hope I'm wrong.