Jets interested in Walker

Jets interested in Javon Walker

By Hoss Aultman

Posted Feb 29, 2008

The Denver Broncos dumped malcontent wideout Javon Walker on Friday. And according to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, the Jets are interested.

Walker would give the Jets the tall, deep threat they desperately need. Perhaps he can replace

-Scout.com

Being tall does not help unless you are between the lines.

get em. walker is a bad some bitch when he is healthy. cotch and walker would be a good combo. walkers attitude aint as bad as t.o.s or moss's but everyone seems to want moss to come to NY

Thats because Moss is the most talented player to ever play the position, AND, because Walker has had too many knee injuries

Thank christ. Hopefully we can find a suitor who will take Coles off of our hands for a Day 1 pick and we can sign Javon Walker. Would love that move. \:D/

Coles and Walker are a wash

When healthy, Walker is better than Coles. Walker has the ability to completely take over a game. Coles does not.

I've been hoping the Jets get Walker since it was reported Denver would be parting with him. Just wish we would have traded a 7th rounder or something instead of having to deal with free agency.

Any GM in the NFL who even remotely needs a WR (which the jets do) is not doing his job if he's not giving Walkers agent a call. If he'll take a deal loaded with incentives then the Jets should make a run at him.

Any GM in the NFL who even remotely needs a WR (which the jets do) is not doing his job if he's not giving Walkers agent a call. If he'll take a deal loaded with incentives then the Jets should make a run at him.

I agree, but if I'm Walker's agent, I laugh and hang up. An incentive laden deal? With the Jets offense? Too many variables and our QB situation does not make that appealing.

I agree, but if I'm Walker's agent, I laugh and hang up. An incentive laden deal? With the Jets offense? Too many variables and our QB situation does not make that appealing.

Really though, with Walkers injury history I wasn't talking only about the Jets. Obviously no matter who signs him there will be some decent up front money but nothing that should break the bank. I think whoever he signs with is going to end up giving a few mil up front and a ton of incentives. I may be wrong but his injuries and recent lack of production make me think this is what he'll get. You never know though. Al Davis or Dan Snider might give him $25 mil up front.