Hold the celebration - Faneca

Favorite_Toon

Alan Faneca's agent denies that his client as signed with the Jets.

"False report. It's a false report," agent Rick Smith said. ESPN's website reported earlier the two sides agreed to a four-year, $32 million contract. His agent told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette a decision will come Friday night. It could still be with the Jets, but the Rams and 49ers are in the mix. Feb. 29 -

with the jets?

this is why reporters need to make sure they know what the hell they are talking about before they report something.

he said "well for starters the deal with Faneca and the Jets is not done, but he will make a decision Saturday night by 6 O'clock eastern and i think alot of people are expecting Faneca to wind up in NY with the Jets 5 years 40 million, thats the expectation. I think the jets are going to make 2 big moves on their offensive line, that being the first I think they are going to solidify the right side of their offensive line in free agency as well and I think that will happen early next week."

Don't know how true this is, but found it on kffl.com

Jets | Faneca story a false report?

Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:19:24 -0800 Contradicting previous reports, Tom Rock, of New York Newsday, reports unrestricted free-agent OG Alan Faneca (Steelers) has not agreed to a deal with the Jets, according to his agent, Rick Smith. Rock reportedly spoke with Smith and Smith confirmed that the story of Faneca agreeing to a four-year deal with the Jets is false.

Didn't see this anywhere else on the forum and apologize if it already is.

Don't know how true this is, but found it on kffl.com

Jets | Faneca story a false report?

Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:19:24 -0800 Contradicting previous reports, Tom Rock, of New York Newsday, reports unrestricted free-agent OG Alan Faneca (Steelers) has not agreed to a deal with the Jets, according to his agent, Rick Smith. Rock reportedly spoke with Smith and Smith confirmed that the story of Faneca agreeing to a four-year deal with the Jets is false.

Didn't see this anywhere else on the forum and apologize if it already is.

I'm gonna puke if we don't get Fanneca!!!:ahhh:

VERY GOOD NEWS FROM TOM ROCK!!!!!!

I think we can all take a breathe now as it looks Faneca is basically on our team read this.....

Tom Rock from newsday on jetsinsider.com This was his post.

Faneca isn't a Jet yet

Just called Faneca's agent about the report on ESPN that the Pro Bowl guard has "tentatively agreed" to a deal with the Jets. Here's how the conversation went.

Me: "Hi Rick. Tom Rock from Newsday."

Rick Smith: "False report. It's a false report."

Didn't even get to ask my question. How did he know I wasn't calling to ask if he'd seen that crazy Michigan women's hoops coach.

Anyway, Smith says we're still on the same timeline as we were earlier today with a decision porbably coming Saturday evening. That doesn't mean the report won't turn out to be true. It just means that it's not totally true yet.

Remember guys Tom is our blogger, and more involved with the jets management then those espn analyst.

I believe Faneca will sign when he travels in

Celebration should be back on Saturday night!!!!!!!

Heres the link of the post......

www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164446

There is Vilma info on the top so just keep reading.

Archived