Let's rock

Jet Moses

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I love that concert. Every member of the band kicks ass. You're spot on: Nice drum solo by Kenny Jones. Also love the work by one of my bass heroes, Ronnie Lane. (RIP)

Yeah The Faces were great. I think that is my favorite BBC Sessions on VH1 so far.

Yeah The Faces were great. I think that is my favorite BBC Sessions on VH1 so far.

I agree. Also love the one with Neil Young. Listening to his banter between songs is great. The one I can't get through is AC/DC. I usually like them, but that performance--even with Bon Scott--was horrible.

Seems like Jimi is having some guitar problems in this one. That means Noel gets a bass solo. Just a frigen great version of this song. One of my favorite videos ever. Mitch Mitchell is my favorite drummer I think, he grooves so damn much in this song.

s2TSpusRV-8

Seems like Jimi is having some guitar problems in this one. That means Noel gets a bass solo. Just a frigen great version of this song. One of my favorite videos ever. Mitch Mitchell is my favorite drummer I think, he grooves so damn much in this song.

s2TSpusRV-8

Hadn't seen this vid. Thanks. Must be a Jimi kinda day. I just posted "Long Hot Summer Night" in the YouTube thread. I think Jimi is having more than just guitar problems.:) Love how Jimi throws in the SWLABR riff. Redding is so good at stepping in because he's a converted guitarist. As for Mitchell, he is a bitch of a drummer. You're right, awesome groove and swing vibe. This might be the best rhythm section in rock.

Hadn't seen this vid. Thanks. Must be a Jimi kinda day. I just posted "Long Hot Summer Night" in the YouTube thread. I think Jimi is having more than just guitar problems.:) Love how Jimi throws in the SWLABR riff. Redding is so good at stepping in because he's a converted guitarist. As for Mitchell, he is a bitch of a drummer. You're right, awesome groove and swing vibe. This might be the best rhythm section in rock.

Yeah it's off of a dvd but the dvd doesn't have every song they played, the rest are on youtube. It's from Stockholm. Tough call on rhythm sections but IMO are tied for first at least. Noel is the man, he's just what Hendrix needed, as was Mitch. It's great how that worked out like that. :cheers:

Yeah it's off of a dvd but the dvd doesn't have every song they played, the rest are on youtube. It's from Stockholm. Tough call on rhythm sections but IMO are tied for first at least. Noel is the man, he's just what Hendrix needed, as was Mitch. It's great how that worked out like that. :cheers:

Why he went with Buddy Miles--no disrespect, just an opinion (RIP)--is astounding. I can't really listen to Band of Gypsys.

Why he went with Buddy Miles--no disrespect, just an opinion (RIP)--is astounding. I can't really listen to Band of Gypsys.

Yeah I like the two singers and like the Band of Gypsys album but nothing beats The Experience. He wanted to try some stuff out but Buddy isn't on the same level as Mitch. In some interviews they try to make it a race thing but anytime I've heard hendrix talk, and the books I've read about him, clearly he didn't care about color. Black people didn't even like his music until now since they claim he's theres. He's everyone's.

Fire is one of my favorite songs drum wise and when I heard Buddy play it I was disappointed. He has the straight ahead style so that's how he played it but its fun to go crazy like Mitch does. Mitch fit Hendrix more and it shows since he went back to him. They were made for each other haha.

Archived